1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Homemade natural face wash powder for glowiing , clean and beautiful skin.

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by Maddy2087, Dec 15, 2013.

1. shinara

shinara Platinum IL'ite

1 person likes this.
  2. AmritaPoorni

AmritaPoorni Bronze IL'ite

Hi friends,

Below is the recipe of a herbal oil which I made for myself and using it will surely help in reducing hair fall and promoting hair growth. It has worked for me. You can try if it works for you.

Ingredients:

Coconut oil
    Bhringraj leaves
    Brahmi leaves
    Curry leaves
    Neem leaves
    Mehandi leaves
    Aloevera Gel
    Amla powder
    Hibiscus Flowers (use the red ones which have five petals)
    Tulsi leaves

This time I made this oil with half litre coconut oil. I have taken a handful of all the leaves. If you do not have fresh leaves then you can use powders. Aloevera gel I have taken from 3-4 stalks. All the ingredients used in this herbal oil have real cooling effect and amla also has an extreme cooling effect. So I used just 1 tsp of Amla powder. The red traditional five petal hibiscus leaves promotes hair growth. My mom always prepares coconut oil with just the petals of hibiscus flowers. They also help in giving a black colour to the hair. You can either add the petals just like that or grind them to a paste and add them to the oil. I used 7 flowers.

Grind all the leaves to a paste. Mix the powders and the Aloevera Gel to it. Pour this mixture in a vessel and add coconut oil to it. Heat the oil. There will be lot of froth coming. Once the froth stops all the water content from the mixture would have gone and you can switch off the flame. Please note that switching off the flame at the correct time is very important and make sure you are near the gas stove while preparing the oil. If you switch off the flame a little early then chances are there that the oil will have some water content and this can cause cold if you apply the oil. Similarly if the oil is over heated then it can have reverse effect on your hair. To check whether the oil is done, you can use a long spoon and take some of the residue of the mixture which is at the bottom of the vessel. Take a little and crush it between your thumb and forefinger. If it is crispy then the oil is done. If it is like a paste then it means the water content is not fully gone and you need to keep heating for some more time.

Once the oil is prepared let it cool. Strain the contents to a clean air tight container. The residue you can massage on your hair and wash off with a shampoo after few hrs.

You can prepare this herbal oil with any one of the above ingredients as well. For eg: Curry leaves oil which maddy has already mentioned in this thread. You can also make the oil with just hibiscus flowers. When I went home I had all the above ingredients available at home and so I prepared this oil. After delivery my hair fall was not stopping even after a year. I started using this oil and my hairfall stopped and hair started growing like before. This hair oil when prepared will be black in colour and it also helps fight premature greying of hair.

Love,
    AmritaPoorni :)

9 people like this.
  3. shinara

shinara Platinum IL'ite

Re: Homemade natutral face wash powder for glowiing , clean and beautiful skin.

Read this post and thought of sharing my home made serum with you all...

download.jpg
    Ingredients:
    Almond oil/Coconut Oil/Sesame oil
    Essential Oil

Take a spray bottle pour base oil and add few drops of essential oil.. Close the bottle.. shake it well...

Procedure to use:
    Shake the bottle... Take few drops of serum on your hand(if not spray bottle or spray on hair) and apply on your towel dried hair... comb to spread the serum... It gives me a nice shiny look to my hair without greasing my hair...

Note: I use bajaj almond hair oil as base oil as it is non sticky also it has a nice fragrance so no need of essential oil...

Another simple tip to give shine and protect your hair

Take few drops of sesame oil on your hand work it together and apply on your hair not on scalp... ensure the amount is very little.. sesame hair sun protection property that helps your hair from sun damage... But keep in mind , it should not reach your scalp. Otherwise it will lead you to sever head ache...

9 people like this.
  4. shinara

shinara Platinum IL'ite

Amrita thanks for the hair oil recipe....

1 person likes this.
  5. Everliking

Everliking Bronze IL'ite

Hi Frnds,

Back to this thread after a very long gap.. Hope everyone is fine and sound...

Maddy dear.... my whole family is started using the face wash powder after witnessing the good results it gave me... my color is slightly change, its too smooth and my face is free from all impurities.. and on my mom's insistence am using soap to my body as am in 2nd trimester...

Honey + Lime Juice all my dark marks are gone tooo...... am still using some of the tips and has stopped having my healthy juices for time being (I don't know whether I can have them at this point of time.....

Will go through all the pages from where I left and will surely give my views once I try them out.....

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
    2 people like this.
  6. happyperson

happyperson Gold IL'ite

Maddy - what happened to you dear...Missing for past few days...hope things are fine with you...

Take care

1 person likes this.
  7. ndadrewala

ndadrewala Senior IL'ite

Re: Homemade natutral face wash powder for glowiing , clean and beautiful skin.

Hello Maddy,

I found this link of yours just about a week back and am highly addicted to it since then.. I have also made the daily bathing powder with all the daals, jowar and turmeric, and have started using it... finding it very refreshing.. cannot thank you enough for your lovely contribution...

Needed to check with you one thing... re your post on removing facial hair, can i add lemon, amba haldi and raw milk to the daily bathing daal powders in order to reap the benefit of a refreshing daily bath, as well as removal of hair all over the body... Sounds very exciting to me.. Can amba haldi be powdered along with the daals and kept in the container, and just before bath, raw milk and lemon be added to the daily doze for bathing...??

Pls do reply, so that when i make my next batch of bathing powder, i can add amba haldi to it... what would be the quantity of amba haldi to be added.. can amba haldi be added along with our normal haldi, or can it be replaced with our normal haldi... sorry for so many questions, Maddy.. eagerly waiting to hear from you..

Warm regards,
    Nilufer

1 person likes this.
  8. Saumya

Saumya New IL'ite

To this powder we can add dry orange peel while grinding.. gives nice glow to the skin. I use this from last ten years regularly and also apply to my daughter but add curd, which gives great results.

2 people like this.
  9. complainBaby

complainBaby Bronze IL'ite

yes i read here that eating this combo early mornng empty stomach is good for hair , i ate it n vomit , dont know how to make it correct way , may be that's y i v omitted

1 person likes this.
  10. amritavarshini

amritavarshini Bronze IL'ite

maddy....one doubt reg body polishing scrub...i mixed sugar, salt, honey and oils together but everything became a lump...did i make some mistake? please advise...