1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Homemade natural face wash powder for glowiing , clean and beautiful skin.

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by Maddy2087, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Maddy2087

Maddy2087 Platinum IL'ite

Thanks a lot dear .. there are soo many packs that you can try which are very natural and would help you a lot.Let me know what exactly you are looking for like for glow , tan removal etc etc ...

Yes i will suggest you what all you can take :

1) Neem powder
    2)Kasturi Manjal (Amba haldi)
    3)Aamla powder
    4) Multani mitti
    5) Tulsi powder
    6)Shikakai
    7) Rita

I think you can find patanjali products in indian grocery store so nothing to worry but they are very costly.Patanjali soap is 5$ there .. so buy wisely dear .

2. happyperson

happyperson Gold IL'ite

Hello Dear

Thank You so much for the list...I want to keep my skin fresh and healthy.
    also getting prickly heat due to the hot season...how can i control it...

Please let me know....

1 person likes this.
  3. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

Face wash powder with coconut oil combination will show the face look oily na.

Still she facing skin dryness. I am applying almond oil regularly in morning and evening

1 person likes this.
  4. Chapra

Chapra Platinum IL'ite

Thanks a lot, Maddy. Am using 'artistry' cleanser for washing face. Sure, will try what you have suggested. Thanks again.

1 person likes this.
  5. happyperson

happyperson Gold IL'ite

Maddy...also i have small white patches on my waist and legs..is there any natural remedy to get the pigmentation back....

please let me know...sorry for troubling with questions...

1 person likes this.
  6. mybaby1

mybaby1 Gold IL'ite

ohh maddy so so so much thnks for this detailed reply to my querry.. will certainly let you know as soon as I start as I will have to get multani mitti first :)..thnks thnks n lots of thnks

1 person likes this.
  7. DhayaShankari

DhayaShankari Bronze IL'ite

Hi Maddy,

Copied all ur tips and prepared a document!:)

I have doubts based on sections the, can u plz let me know ! since am currently BFing my kid and got a very sensitive skin thought would get a clarification from you before I start.

Smooties:
    For Smooties you are adding raw spinach, aloeVera, Broccoli, cabbage does these need to slightly cooked or completly raw?

Hair:
    1)The hair pack and hair shampoo both contains Amla,* Is it fine if we use it one after the other.
    2) I have homemade shikkai powder, I have got organic amla and reetha powders? Can I use it? If so watts the ratio?
    3) I have a

Moisturizer: does castor oil applying on face wouldn't cause facial hair?

SKIN:

1) can salt sugar scrub be used on face too?
    2) can baking soda be used on skin, doesn't it causes itches in a long run.
    3) the wash powder and soap can be used daily or on alternate days.
    4)I have a oily skin, could say combinational too, where my T zone always oily. I have been using besan but after that my skin becomes dry. So as u mentioned after that wash powder I must apply almond oil which will be fine or I must ignore besan? By applying oils face won't become More oily right?
    5) any tips for closing pores on faces and black spots.(I got tiny pores on my cheeks.:$)

So so sorry for many questions, please let me know wen you free!

8. divshiri87

divshiri87 Gold IL'ite

I logged in IL after many days.. I was surprised by this thread as it crossed 100 pages and happy too...

I started using wash powder for more than a month and i could find the difference. Previously my skin will become oily within an hour after using face wash but with this wash powder it is not happening. Only little oiliness on face which looks good. And i am not using any creams after started using wash powder.
    And herbal shampoo also i started using but not in powdered form. Instead using Rita and shikakai. Below is the procedure.
    Soak Rita and Shikakai in water before night. Next morning, add amla powder and boil till it becomes 3/4 or 1/2. Drain it and use as shampoo.
    We feel lot of difference if we use herbal products than normal ones which is available in market.
    Thank you again for giving such wonderful tips...

2 people like this.
  9. AmritaPoorni

AmritaPoorni Bronze IL'ite

Hi Maddy,

Went through each and every page of this thread and I have just one word... :wow... You are doing a wonderful job. I did the body spa that you had mentioned but for hair I used henna. The face packs were too good. :thumbsup

I always love to use natural products on my body but I never knew we could even make make up products out of natural stuffs. I have copied all your tips in a document and I have few doubts.

1. You have mentioned about making Kajal by roasting almonds. Can we use it for kids? My daughter is 2.5yrs old, can I use it on her?

2. About the beetroot hair tonic, we need to heat it till all the water content is gone, similar to how we make the curry leaf oil. Am I correct? If we prepare in bulk then how long can we keep it and every time before use do we need to heat it and apply when warm? Can I make this oil without triphala as I do not have it?

3. Currently I am in my native place. I am planning to prepare your home made body wash powder and the scrub as soon as I am back. I have hair growth in my chin and neck which is very embarassing. Will this powder help in reducing them or you have any other pack which can help reduce it. These hairs started appearing for the first time when I was in college. Can I use the home made scrub on my chin and neck?

4. I have a lot of stretch marks on my stomach. Many people told me that these marks will never go. Is it so? :help Do you have any pack for that? I saw your sugar, lemon, honey tip for stretch marks. Just wanted to know how long it will take to get rid of the marks.

5. The hot oil treatment. I have never used any other oil on my hair other than coconut oil. Since I will be traveling for the next couple of months, can I mix all these oils in the proportion you mentioned and carry it with me so that when I need to do the hot oil treatment I can just heat it and apply. Or should they be mixed just before heating?

Sorry for bombarding you with so many questions.

The herbal shampoo which you mentioned I have been using since a year now. But I have added green gram powder and dried hibiscus leaves powder to it as well. Since my childhood I have been using coconut oil on my hair with curry leaves and many other ingredients. I can post my hair oil recipe here if anyone is interested.

Love,
    AmritaPoorni :)

1 person likes this.
  10. banujaga

banujaga Gold IL'ite

Hi Amrita,

Please post the hair oil receipes here. I am sure many of our IL friends would be looking forward to and would be benefitted also.

Banu

1 person likes this.