Entry into QA

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by Laksur, May 25, 2011.

1. Laksur

Laksur New IL'ite

Hi everybody,

I want to a get a job in QA testing. I don't have any experience. How is the job market now? Is there any chance of getting a job without any experience? I have taken classes in Java, C++, SQL before marriage and now is trying to brush up my knowledge.

I looked classroom training for QA around the Boston area but could not find any. Can any of you tell me about training places around Boston, How was your experience there e.t.c

Or else can any of you give any information of online training centers, that you can guarantee to give good learning experience and exposure to QA job market.

All the replies will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

2. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Laksur,

Do you have previous work experience? If so, what field?

In QA, functional domain expertise will be another factor employers will look for.
    e.g: Do you know of retail banking concepts- if so, jobs with banking domain experience can be looked at.

Depending on your interest, you can google for some online courses in a particular domain which would help in your job search

Also, if you are upto it, doing a QA certification like CSTE or ISTQB will surely help

All the best

3. Mehana

Mehana Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

If you want try some online courses(QA) from India, nowadays many centers provide online courses through Skype....

4. Asira

Asira New IL'ite

Hi...

I would like to learn QA...can any of you suggest me some website where I can download trial testing version.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Asira.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2011
  5. raghavsmom

raghavsmom New IL'ite

Pls share the info with me too. Thanks

6. vidya1024

vidya1024 New IL'ite

Hi
    I did QA training and looking for job. If any of you want to know about QA, i can teach you (its friendly free). I believe that would be good for me also.

7. curly

curly Bronze IL'ite

Hi Vidya,

I'm also searching jobs in QA..I have 2yrs on india exp ....can you help me out any case......