1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

How to reduce bad Cholesterol and Triglyicerides

Discussion in 'Nature Cure' started by poonamjoshi9266, Oct 9, 2007.

1. jaishree9

jaishree9 Silver IL'ite

Dear Sharda
    High Cholestrol in it self doesnot give rise to palpitation or breathlessness they are the results of diaseases caused by high cholestrol.
    Ur Total CHO of 301 & LDL is definately high. What Abt Triglycerides?
    CHO shud be less than 150 mg & LDL less than 100 mgs acording to new WHO guideline.
    So it is definately high.
    Along with restriction of fat & fat products in diet ,brisk walking for 45 min is must & it works slowly .If obese or overwt reduce wt.
    U can add garlic in ur diet which reduces Cholestrol.
    Taking antilipid statin ( drugs )is a good recommendation before the complications of high CHO sets in.

2. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Sashmita and Mohana,
    Sorry for the delayed reply..missed this thread completely.I buy green tea sachets in my local farmers market for 99 cents(20 bags).I dont remember the brand.will tell u once i get back to US(im in india now).
    There are lot of green tea which are advertised for weight reduction.DONT GO FOR THAT.Get normal chinese green tea.1 bag per cup or as directed.

Bye,
    supriya

3. mohana

mohana Silver IL'ite

Thanks for the reply Supriya.So, enjoying your vacation with your dear ones.Have lots of fun!!!!!

4. sharada shankar

sharada shankar New IL'ite

Dear Jaishree

Thanks for the immedaite reply. The triglycerides is 65 and HDL is 62. My height is 5'2" and the present weight is 73 Kgs (Earlier in Apr 2007 , I was weighing 81 Kgs which i have reduced by walking and diet ) becuase of winter here and darkness in the morning , unable to go for a morning walk I ususally go in morning from 5.15. am to 5.45 am. But as the CHL is high I have to squeeze my time and again go for morning walk.

You have stated that you can add garlic in your diet . As I am a south Indian and pure vegetarian, we never use garlic in our food preparation . If i have to use means , I have to specially prepare food for me alone. Instead can I take Garlic pearls (Seven Seas) ? Can you please chalk out a diet chart for me aas I leave the home for office at 9.00 am in the morning and come back only at 7.30 P.m

I eat both wheat and rice.

Thanks and bye

5. jaishree9

jaishree9 Silver IL'ite

Dear Sharda
    Ur TG & HDL level are very much in normal range.
    So I think only walking biskly & some diet control wud help .
    About garlic u can take it in vegitables if like while cooking or if u dont eat onion & garlic in ur family yes u can take medicated form like Garlic pearls or Guglip.
    The good part is that ur good CHO that is HDL is high which is cardiprtective.
    For ur ht wt upto 65 wud be ideal & if not able to walk u can do some Yoga ( specially as taught by Swami Ramdeo on AStha Channel ) It helps in reducing CHO Medical lit. also proves it.
    For diet take lots of fruits & salad & vegetables.Taking oatmeal in breakfast in the morning also reduces CHO.

6. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

7. HouseIndia

HouseIndia New IL'ite

my cholesterol is 240,i want to know nature cure remedies for the same.

8. vkrithika1

vkrithika1 Gold IL'ite

Hi,

I will give you some suggestions which my brother followed and he got it reduced too.

1.Brisk walk for 45 min(anytime preferably morning) drink more water before walking.
    2.avoid eating rice(eat little rice)(triglicerides) .eat more vegetables.should include bitter gourd(pavkkai) atleast alternate days.
    3.drink more water
    4.eat chappatis(2 or 3) in the night.(dry chappatis without oil) add more vegetable for subji. and avoid alu.
    5 drink slim milk (0 fat)and butter milk(very dilute)

Add curryleaves,spinach,coriander leaves,onions,garlic,tomato(naatu thakkali)in your daily food.

These food habits will certainly reduce the cholest. to a greater extent.

9. chennupaty23

chennupaty23 New IL'ite

Hi Sharada,

I have the same situation as you do now... my triglycerides are high and have bad cholestrol....My doc suggested to do lot of exercise and Stop eating all fatty foods, oil , dairy products. One of my friend suggested drinking proactive shots that help reduce cholestrol so i just started this week ....you get near yogurt section in the grocery stores . hope that works ...

And Avacado , greentea, Berries , mint helps to reduce weight ....try them

good luk

Navina.

10. Bhuvana Ram

Bhuvana Ram New IL'ite

hi sharada,

I've heard people saying , having sprouted moong along with one cup curd or with water first thing in the morning reduces the bad cholestrol and as you walk more your bad cholestrol automatically gets converted to good one. so walk as much as possible and have moong everyday, let me know whether this worked out for you. one more thing have carrot juice everyday and if you like garlic please include in your food as much as possible.