Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 1)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Ami, Aug 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

"O" my dear Meena !

I feel very happy because kollusprout pongal was my own "invention" !
    Infact, I now make it with lapsi also instead of rice ! I like that variation also.
    Thanks a lot for the FB.
    Love,
    Chithra.

2. vmur

vmur Silver IL'ite

Dear ChitVish,

I wanted to post after yesterday's yummy Lapsi adai dinner (suda suda from the tava to IL), but my wireless connection wouldn't work. So am posting from work today, the adai was sooo filling and great, and did not have the guilt conscience of having binged to it. So all in all it was a great meal. I made it exactly according to your measurements, I added shredded beets and carrots and sliced the small onions as you suggested for small onion utapam, and it was very colorful and wholesome. Thanks soooo much!! We were thinking of you all the time while making and having dinner :).

Regards
    Vidya

3. Chitvish

My dear Vidya !

I am already imagining the colourful adai with green, deep pink & light rose ingredients !
    Vidya, if you all think of me when you are eating enjoyable food, I am now getting anxious that it may show on my weight - pray not !
    Lovely feed back, Vidya, thankyou very much.
    Love,
    Chithra.

4. vls

vls New IL'ite

Belated New Year wishes

Hi Mrs. C,

Wish you, your family and the fellow ILites a very happy and prosperous 2007.

We're back from our vacation and started my new year cooking in my own kitchen with Milagu kuzhambu and p. thogayal. We really wanted something easy on our tummy after our greasy diet during our holidays. It was so delicious and things disappeared from the dishes without any complaint. I think each one of us in my family was secretly missing your recipes and cooking. This time I entered the kitchen with so much enthusiasm especially after a vacation.

For the past 3/4 days I've been trying your recipes non-stop....trying to makeup for the lost time.

I tried sweet VK with kathikkai podi curry, lemon jeera rasam and nethu kottu mavu pachadi. Lemon jeera rasam was a change and we drank it. it did wonders on our empty stomach and we had a hand at Sweet VK.

Made mallipoo idli with AV sambhar and pudhina chutney. Yet another yummy combination. Just before I left on my vacation I had some bachelor guys for a meal and I served the above with an addition of jain tomato chutney and jackfruit payasam made with regular milk instead of coconut. Their comment was 'dhool, saravana bhavan pichai vanganum'. Thanks to you.

Sunday lunch was Mushroom rice (wasn't sure it it was the pulao or Biryani - the last posting on M.room) with onion raita. We simply loved this easy, mildly spiced combination. This will be a regular on my menu from now onwards. Also made Jain moong last night to have with store bought naan.

During the holidays I made spicy channa salad for a potluck. Also made my all time favourite Paneer L twice and it was a huge success. On A's request made Channa Bhathura for a small crowd and they simply loved it.

MW Golden Burfi - Made some to take along with us but everything disappeared. Hubby and A couldn't keep their hands off the sweet. It was so easy to make. Planning to try MW mysorepak in the near future.

Oh, forgot to mention that I made Khubani ka meetha twice and it was enjoyed by my guest both times.

Also made Nankhattai for office Xmas lunch. My colleagues refused to believe that it was an eggless treat. So promised them that I'll impress them with more eggless treats. Now I've to try all your bake recipes.

FB is pretty long. So shall wind up now.

Take care.

love

5. Chitvish

Where did you disappear, G ?

Perhaps the longest F B, in recent days ? With this, you made up for not taking leave of us in I L !
    You have sent me the first F b for khubani ka meeta - I used to wonder, why anybody has not tried it so far ! I do hope, others will try now.
    You have made everything so perfect that you seem to have a magic-touch (கைமணம்) in your hands !
    I am very, very pleased, G & thankyou for writing a detailed F b !
    Love,
    Chithra.

6. vls

vls New IL'ite

I was visiting the Queen - didn't I PM you?

We were visiting hubby's relatives in UK. We had a great family reunion with couple of families travelling from as far as NZ & Aussie. A had a great time with all her cousins. I've influenced many of them to join IL. Just to tempt them I had to perform miracles by making couple of dishes from the treasure.

A & S really missed home cooking. So just to please them I made keerai mulagootal, VK, tomato thayir pachadi and paruppu rasam the day before we left and all were bowled over. How can they not be if I'm following your recipes.

On Vaikunta ekadasi day we went to Birmingham Balaji temple and had the best dharishan of all. The alankaram was amazing.......'kana 1000 kann venum'. You were in my prayers. May the almighty shower you with the best of everything. We're having software problem at work and am enjoying browing my favourite site. Thank god atleast I've the internet connection.

Take care.

7. Chitvish

My dear G !

You made me emotional with your words that you remembered me in the Balaji Temple. This is what goodwill means really ! I do not ask for anything more !!
    I earnestly hope all your relatives join I L - you have proved to them, where the proof of the pudding is !
    Love,
    Chithra.

8. vls

vls New IL'ite

Oh, no! Pls. do not get emotional

Oh, c'mon Mrs. C how can I ever forget you or not include you in my prayers. You're in my thohghts and prayers 24/7. You're our virutal mom who has taught various valuable things in our life.

Take care.

Love

9. vpriya

vpriya Senior IL'ite

Fb

Dear Mrs.Chitra,
    Tried bread bonda , arisi uppuma and brinjal lapsi uppuma. superb!! what else can i say, we enjoyed it very much and my hubby doesn't like lapsi uppuma much and brinjal, but he liked this combo very much, as per your tips, i made a double batch of masala powder ,stored in fridge. I am so excited with all these recipes turning out great and lots of thanks to you.
    I have a doubt abt arisi uppuma, should i wash the rice before making kurunai? i made it this time without washing and after making the kurunai, i seived it as i remember my mom doing it, i got lots of powdered rice, very fine powder. what can i use it for? i stored the kurunai separately for next use. or should i throw away the fine rice powder? i added pepper along with rice dhal mixture.

Thanks
    Priya

10. anjana

anjana Bronze IL'ite

Back in action with Fb's

My dear Chitra,
    How are you? Ani is sick for the past two days so made the following soups.
    Convalescent soup- We also tasted just an excuse, so delicious and he is on his way to recovery so hopefully he will be in school tomorrow.This soup is so very tasty when one is sick. A asked me to convey a BIG THANK YOU TO YOU.
    Tomato Noodle soup, MT soup- have prepared this umpteen number of times so all I can say is delicious,superb,sensational etc,etc,etc.
    Last weekend we had been to a pot luck dinner so I made Mushroom Biriyani with Boondi P pachadi.Let me honestly tell you this combo was a show stopper. Everybody loved it. Another thing you have made me a mushroom lover. The whole thing looked so beautiful in the middle of other dishes. So colourful. These two are sure a party combo. A big Thank you from my family since they are mushroom lovers[except me]. Now I am hunting all your mushroom dishes.
    Next I made Venpongal with pressure pan Gotsu. This time I made Pongal with milk and there was sure a distinct flavor so delicious. Tasted like Kovil pongal. Pressure pan Gotsu was delicious,superb!!!!!!!!!! M asked me to tell you that this was the best Gotsu recipe he has tasted so far. A special thanks from him.
    These are the dishes I tried so far and will be back in action[with FB's] soon. I see you have posted some recipes and my stomach is grumbling just looking at them. A big thanks for all the efforts you take to post these wonderful recipes dear Chitra.
    With lots of love to you,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.