March 2014 Due Date Club :-)

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by april1981, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Bestmom

Bestmom Silver IL'ite

Hi shruthi n april,

I had same problem as u guys had...latching problems,
    Excess milk due to which breast engorged and got inverted
    nipple..was to painful when my son sucks..I used nipcare
    in the nipple after every feeds and also nipple shield for
    the inverted nipples in the initial days..
    now he is 2 months old..all is fine..try to give bf as much
    possible instead of formula..
    regards,
    Bestmom

2. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Shruti, Uma, April, Others,

How are you storing expressed milk? Are you using bottles or milk storage bags?
    Last time, I got tons of premmie bottles from hospital itself as my son was in NICU but this time am not sure if I will get that many. I'm going to first ask in my hospital for bottles to store milk or otherwise, I have to buy them outside. I know, bottles cost so much as I used to fill up my freezer in 1st 2 months itself. What about storage bags ? I don't know if it will leak as I never used. Anyone using it?

Please let me know your thoughts.,

Shruti,
    Your inbox is full I guess. I tried to PM you.

3. shrutimanjunath

shrutimanjunath Platinum IL'ite

Hey Malini
    Try natural methods like walking for long hours( but u must be comfortable)
    bouncing on a ball eat papaya pineapple I drank raspberry tea also not sure how it helped. Ask your doc for more natural methods.

What station is your baby in? 75% effaced is really good. I was having the same parameters until I got admitted. Later once labour kick starts things move faster.

Try walking in between contractions. Ask if your doctor can perform membrane sweep.

In labour and delivery. Go with your gut instinct.
    For me I was against my water to be broken artificially. It broke naturally so I was fine.
    If you are choosing epi. Take after you are 4-5 cms dilated. In case you get induced,
    Or to keep your labour progressing don't opt for too many interventions at the same time.

During my labour, I chose to take things one at a time as my belief is too many interventions can stall the labour and harm the baby.
    Ask your bishop score for your doctor before getting induced. Above 8 is a good score favourable for induction.

Good luck

4. anjananathan

anjananathan Platinum IL'ite

very true shruti.. what you are doing is correct.. my LO has got used to habit of sleeping on my lap.. now if I put him on bed, he cries continuously till I keep him on lap.. have started getting back pain because of this..

1 person likes this.
  5. anjananathan

anjananathan Platinum IL'ite

ladies who are exclusively feeding with breast milk, can you tell how many times you feed per day and approximate quantity.. in net, the quantity is mentioned as 60 to 90 ml for minimum 8 times.. I doubt whether I get that quantity..

though I feed my LO on his need basis, I am little worried whether he is getting enough milk..also what is the diet you are following to increase milk secretion?

6. niveditakumar

niveditakumar Senior IL'ite

yes ladies I delivered a baby girl :)..she came around 2.5 weeks early than my due date .
    She did not want to miss women's day so choose to be with us on 8 march.
    What amused us was that on 7 mar I had my last scan , where dr said baby would take atleast 12-15 days . My baby probably wanted to prove machines wrong
    , I was admitted to hospital within few hours of my scan. Although we had to wait for 17-18 hours until She came to this world . It was a normal delivery . She developed jaundice after few days of birth , we had to admit her for phototherapy.she is better now .
    i am on her duty 24*7 now..

hope things are progressing well for other moms in the club.

regards
    nivedita

3 people like this.
  7. april1981

april1981 Gold IL'ite

Hi all .......since my son was born with low birth weight doc has advised me to feed him every 2 hours or if he cries. I feed him on that basis and at night I keep an alarm for every two hours to wake up and feed him. I feed him from one breast at a time and the next time I feed him from the next one. A maid has come from my village (we are south indians) and she adds lotz of garlic and omam to the food. I am also taking herbal tabs suggested by my doc.

1 person likes this.
  8. april1981

april1981 Gold IL'ite

hi Anita. ... I am not storing expressed milk. I am feeding him directly from breasts. Since I am SAHM I prefer this method.

9. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Congrats Nivedita. :)
    GOD bless your LO. Hope she has recovered completely from Jaundice!
    Take care of yourself & your LO!
    Enjoy motherhood!

10. RekhaViju

RekhaViju Bronze IL'ite

I exclusively breastfed both my babies and breastfed them till 2 years. I did it on a need basis. This meant day and night you felt your body is not yours. It is difficult to go to parties or friends' as you have to excuse yourselves for the feeds. But still I think it was easier to sterilizing and storing, especially if you are by yourself, hats off!

One good website for breastfeeding moms is here, I got this from indusladies. All the material here is based on published research work.

www.kellymoms.com.

Those who are really keen to exclusively breastfeed the babies the best way is to get the help of lactation consultant. It is very tricky initially but once established your babies will become masters and never leave you and it is not painful until they get the teeth.

1 person likes this.