Any South Indian (from tamil nadu) in khobar saudi arabia

Discussion in 'Indians in Eastern Province' started by balavijay, Jul 28, 2010.

1. balavijay

balavijay New IL'ite

Dear All :)

I am BalaVijay from Tamilnadu (Trichy).

My husband is working as HR in an Oil and Gas company.

I am going to join my husband in a couple of months.

I would like to know is there any South Indian (from Tamilnadu) in Khobar area.

We are searching for a small family flat in Khobar area where South Indians reside.

Please help us to find one.

Thx in advance .

Regards,
    BalaVijay

1 person likes this.

2. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Hello BalaVijay

Welcome to Indusladies!

Yes, there are lots of Indian, many families from Tamil Nadu, residing in Khobar :-D.

I lived there for a short period of 5 months before moving to nearby city.
    Not sure, if I will be able to give you details of finding a flat . Guess your Husband who is already there, can easily look for it with help of his collegues . All the best!

Hope you have a smooth relocation :thumbsup.

PS : As a new member here, New Member Guide and Site Help / FAQs will help you get familiar with the ways in the site.

Bye

1 person likes this.
  3. ajantha1980

ajantha1980 New IL'ite

Dear Balavijay,

I am ajantha from chennai. My husband is working in khobar, joined an engineering company in Jun'11. We are looking for a house in khobar where mostly tamilians live together. I hope that you might have well settled by this time. I have got a son studying 1st standard, CBSE syllabus. Can you pls suggest me how & where to locate the house in khobar?

Thanks.

Ajantha

1 person likes this.
  4. ranjani1985

ranjani1985 New IL'ite

Dear all
    Im ranjani from madurai sade. My husband is working as mechanical enginner in khobar. Im and my one and half year old son going to join with my husband in a month.i have completed M.E(ECE).I would like to know can i get lecturer job in there(i have 4years experience).and any takecare or preschools available for working women child? In which area most of indians living. Please help me by providing above information

1 person likes this.
  5. smiley29

smiley29 Silver IL'ite

Hi Ranjani!

Nice to have known you.. I was in Khobar for a couple of years but now moved to dammam..There are n number of pre schools & day cares in Khobar. No need to worry at all..
    Regarding the job, you can easily get school teaching job, but I'm not sure about the colleges, since there are not many Indian colleges here.. I've heard Annamalai University classes are held in Khobar..May be you can try like that!

1 person likes this.
  6. Nityaraja

Nityaraja New IL'ite

Hello All,
    I am from Chennai and glad to be a member of this site. My husband and I will be moving to Khobar in few months. I would like to clarify a few things.
    1. Is compound living safer/better than apartment? What will be the approximate rent of a single bedroom house in a compound? Is there any specific area where tamilians/south indians live?
    2. What will be the monthly cost of living for two?
    3. What are the entertainment options nearby?
    4. Are there agents available for house hunting?
    5. Are women allowed to go out alone to nearby supermarkets/shops?
    6. Is abaya compulsory in all places? How about head scarf?
    7. Are apartments available with furnishing ( TV, washing machine, furnished kitchen,etc)? Are all kitchen appliances available in nearby malls? Is there anything specific which we would require to carry with us from India?
    Looking forward to your help on this:)
    Cheers,
    Nithya