Travelling in car for 22 hours.

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Yahooo, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Yahooo

Yahooo Silver IL'ite

My friend is 7 months pregnant. She has planned to go on a trip with her family in the third week of April. She is going by car and the travel duration is going to be 22 hours and will be back home after four days(again another 22 hours). Is it ok for her to travel that long in car during the 7th week? Should I advise her against going on the trip or is it ok to travel? She feels it's fine to travel as long as she takes enough breaks. She has not asked her doctor also about this. I am worried about her and her baby.

2. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

It depends on the risk levels of her pregnancy, the plans she has made regarding the stops, how good her car's shock absorbers are and the state of the roads she travels on. Personally I wouldn't have taken the risk.

I can understand your concern but I suggest you stay out of it. If she has made up her mind, your unsolicited advice will not be welcome. Just say have a good trip and forget about it.

3. Yahooo

Yahooo Silver IL'ite

she he is going to another city in the US so toads should be good and about her car, I have no idea. I think they have planned to take enough breaks. Her pregnancy is not a complicated one. But I am worried about her taking the risk. I think I will have to stay out of it because she really wishes to go with the family. I don't know if she would like me advising her. I tried to tell her that it's not very safe but she doesn't seem to be bothered.

4. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

You already tried and she has indicated that she isn't concerned. So you really must back off. Now it is not up to you to say anything at all. If it gives you peace, just pray that everything goes we for her without mentioning anything to her.

5. RekhaViju

RekhaViju Bronze IL'ite

YOu can maybe tell her to not to forget all her pregnancy related documents wiht her, just in case.

6. Yahooo

Yahooo Silver IL'ite

Thanks rekha... Will do that.