Miscellaneous

Discussion in 'Festivals, Functions & Rituals' started by hope, Jun 2, 2007.

How many of IL do this vrata?

1. How long does it take

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. How beneficial is it?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Sunkan,
    Regarding Saptapadi, in reality, who knows the meaning even if they repeat after the vaadhiyaar..If we know atleast we will try to make it happen.
    I think, if it is fully understood, all will follow to make our life and the lives around us, happier and merrier..with no place for divorce..and no suffering to the children because of that...
    Trust is what entrusted to us...

sriniketan

2. jpadma

jpadma Senior IL'ite

Re: Question Regarding the Homam to the new home???

ayush homam cannot be done for everyone better consult the purohit &then only proceed.

3. goldenangel

goldenangel Senior IL'ite

Vasanthotsavam in Mahalakshmi temple

Hello Ilites,

I wish to inform the upcoming events in Mahalakshmi temple in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">London.</st1:City></st1:place> Hope it would be useful to those who live in London Eastham.The temple follows south Indian culture and tradition.

The temple deities
    Raja ganapathy – Maha abhishekam on every sankata hara chathurthi day.

Aarupadai murugan – all six forms of lord Murgan can be darshaned here and get blessings.

Bhaktha anjeneya – Every Thursday Maha Abhishekam

Gayathri Devi

Lakshmi narasimhan

Sudharashana alwar

The main deity lakshmi narayana - Every Friday maha thirumanjanam

Saneeshwarar- he is very popular here and there is a huge crowd on Saturdays for his darshan.
    Sri Maha sahasralingam – Every Monday Rudraabhishekam

The swamijis are very friendly and perform all poojas, homams abhishekams with great devotion.Every day in this temple looks like a festival day

Monthly celebrations

Every month 1<SUP>st</SUP> Sat – Thanvanthri homam and pooja.All devotees welcome and is free of cost.

Every Month 1<SUP>st</SUP> Sunday & pournami – Sri Sathya narayana pooja.It is done with most devotion and in a very elaborate, traditional yet very clearly both in tamil and telugu for all devotees with katha shravanam.A must watch pooja.

Every month 2<SUP>nd</SUP> Sat – Lakshmi kubera pooja .They give us a very powerful kubera yantra and do a moola mantra japam .It is very auspicious to participate in this pooja.

Every month 2<SUP>nd</SUP> sun –Shanmugha homam & pooja
    Every month 3<SUP>rd</SUP> sun – Gayathri homam & pooja
    Every month 4<SUP>th</SUP> Sunday – surya narayana homam & pooja

Now coming to vasanthotsavam May17th – May 26<SUP>th</SUP>.
    Sri Gayathri devi Eight Vasanthothsava Festival from 17<SUP>th</SUP> to 26<SUP>th</SUP> with chariot procession on Sunday 25<SUP>th</SUP> and uunjal seva on 26<SUP>th</SUP>.

Every day there is special abhishekam and evenings special alankaram and swami purapaadu during the festival period .All Dear devotees of <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">london</st1:place></st1:City> and well wishers are cordially invited to participate in this vasanthoatasavam and get the blessing s of sree Gayathri matha.
    Om sakthi

4. nyeturi

nyeturi New IL'ite

Milk Boiling ceremony

Hi frds,
    From june 1st I am going to stay in new apartment(rented), now we are stayin in 1 bedroom and shiftin to 2 bedroom. So they are goin to give the key on 28/may but 28/may and 29/may both days are ashtami and navami I can shift only on 30/may but the prob is I have to give my current apartment key on 31/may. I am not understandin what to do bcoz I can not shift within one day and I can not shift on ashtami or navami. So frds can u tell that what I can do now I have to ignore or what??????????? I am totally confused pls help me.

5. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Re: Milk Boiling ceremony

Hi nyeturi

We are in the exact predicament as you. our son's agent asked to sign papers on thurs, but we are stalling it till friday morning. Since the priest said navami is there upto 4.30 pm on thursday and fri morning 9-10 is auspicious time.Then we won't get the key un til monday or tues. At the same time that we sign on fri, we cannot do milk ceremony. so going:confused: and :crazy

6. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Is there any way you can get the keys for a few hrs only a few days in advance(some auspicious day)?Then you can boil milk on that day.That is what we did twice. If you ask the leasing office for the keys just for a few hrs,they will definitely oblige.

7. nyeturi

nyeturi New IL'ite

Thanks sunitha I will try.

8. nabanitapain

nabanitapain Senior IL'ite

Re: Durga Puja in kolkata

Hi Friends,
    Durga pujo to aste chollo...can anybody tell what is the exact date of Durga puja in India in 2008....

9. priyauc

priyauc Bronze IL'ite

Re: Durga Puja in kolkata

<TABLE style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" borderColor=#954a00 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="50%" border=1><TD bgColor=#570b02 colSpan=2>DURGA PUJA 2008
    <TD width="50%" bgColor=#640c02>DATE
    <TD width="50%" bgColor=#640c02>FESTIVAL
    <TD width="50%">6th October 2008
    <TD width="50%">Durga Puja - Saptami
    <TD width="50%">7th October 2008
    <TD width="50%">Durga Puja - Mahashtami
    <TD width="50%">8th October 2008
    <TD width="50%">Durga Puja - Navami
    <TD width="50%">9th October 2008
    <TD width="50%">Durga Puja - Vijaya Dasami

10. srinivasan_vanaja

srinivasan_vanaja Gold IL'ite

Needed info on Vadhiyar (Priest) in Chennai!

Hello Friends,

For an Upanayanam to be performed in Chennai, need a good info on Vadhiyars (Iyengar) in Chennai, affordable (not too high grade), good in Vaideeham (Rituals). Kindly provide the contact details if possible. Thanks.

Last edited: May 31, 2008