March 2014 Due Date Club :-)

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by april1981, Jul 15, 2013.

1. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Shruti,

Once they get introduced to bottles, then it is very difficult to make them suck from B's (that's what I've heard and experienced with my elder one). Yeah, pumping means you need to sanitize bottles atleast 2 times per day. Since, i have mom here with me, she does it for me. With my elder in order to gain wt, i pumped pumped like anything and made sure he is drinking good amount of milk.

Try to slowly train your LO to suck from B's or try nipple shields. Usually, babies born < 37 weeks will have sucking difficulty but not with 40w baby is what I thought.

2. rv8

rv8 Gold IL'ite

Thanks Chitra, he is doing good now!! He has regained his birth weight n jaundice went down a week back..

i am doing a mix of breast feeding n supplementing with formula now.. I didn't really want to give him anything other than BM but it simply didn't work.. Right now I have given up my guilt n concentrating on making him feel comfortable n help him gain weight..

2 people like this.
  3. Chitravivek

Chitravivek Platinum IL'ite

Rv. Glad to hear your son is doing good. Please don't think to much about supplementing it's ok to do so sometimes... I know even with me when I start work my supply will go down and I can't do this much BF to LO but I am making peace with it. Hope your elder one is taking his sibling in the right spirit.

1 person likes this.
  4. Chitravivek

Chitravivek Platinum IL'ite

Shruti. I hate to say this but BF if not established in the first week it's very difficult to do later. Babies get more comfortable sigh bottles and flow so don't beat yourself on it. Just relax and take it in a flow. Yes you do have to sterilize and dry it very time that is painful part of pump g....

1 person likes this.
  5. rv8

rv8 Gold IL'ite

You are right Chitra, beyond a point, before our own interests n principles, the children's well being becomes the utmost priority.. My older one is doing really well, so far no rivalry or jealousy.. But things might change when my parents leave n in laws take over.. I hope the transition goes easy for him!!

6. Rainbo

Rainbo Silver IL'ite

Hey everyone...
    my son is good at latching since 1st BF..but I am dealing with cluster feeding..at night he don't want to stop for even a min and he is on for hrs..it's really draining not able to catch sleep..
    I also tried to pump but not able to get more than 2 oz max mostly just 1oz comes out..even if my breasts are full and dripping milk..don't know what's the problem..if I could able to pump it would be really easy for night feedings but my bad luck.
    Do anyone have any idea why milk is not coming when I pump..
    and does anyone used manual breast pump..how is it..are they useful?

7. shrutimanjunath

shrutimanjunath Platinum IL'ite

Rainbo I would say electric pump is better than manual. You will get drained of pumping manually.

8. april1981

april1981 Gold IL'ite

Hi all even I had latching and milk supply issues for first two days. But then doc gave me milk supplementing herbal tabs just for a day and now the supply is good. Do not give up shruthi. Now he latches good....do not give up shruthi. Just keep feeding him and supply will increase. Breast kilk is best for baby and since you are at homebreastfeeding will be convenient

1 person likes this.
  9. AnithaPartha

Rainbo,

During my first delivery, hospital provided me manual breast pump (free) but I never liked it. Later, I bought my own medela single electric pump and pumped milk for 8 months or so. This time our insurance provided me free Ameda double electric pump (not sure how it is going to work)..

I never had any issue with milk supply when I was pumping. I filled my refrigerator freezer part completely within 1-2 months and there was no space to fill up. Even, after my milk supply stopped, my son used to get breast milk (which we saved in freezer)..

10. AnithaPartha

Hello March mommies,

I had my dr appointment today and it went well. NST was normal. Dr checked my cervix and said baby is at station -2 and cervix is dilated to 1.6 cm and also dr mentioned by seeing my tummy that baby should be around 7 lbs [​IMG]

I'm so happy tomorrow am officially full term. Many thanks to makena shots to bring me this far [​IMG]

If I don't deliver till 39 weeks then dr mentioned that she'll discuss about induction process to me. But, I don't think I will go that far anyways...

Anyone came across my situation of baby being at station -2 and dilated to 1.6cm (close to 2cm)?

1 person likes this.