Vijayadhasami Pooja - Query

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by Sowmya2709, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Sowmya2709

Sowmya2709 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

I know the pooja procedure differs from people to people. I have heard usually they prefer to startup education, new account book everything on that auspicious day. Last year i came to know through one of my friend the practise they follow and it was somehow not acceptable for me.

She said, after prayers her mother will ask her and her brother to write "Om Ganeshaya Namah, Om Namashivayah & Sri Murugan Thunai" in a paper and STRIKE IT. I asked her writing the God's name is good, but why u r striking it. But she said this wat her mother has taught them from childhood. Somehow, am not able to accept this practise. So, thought of seeking answers from u people and clarify. So just want to know, what she is doing is right or its only my point is wrong.

Thanks in Advance!

2. Sowmya2709

15 Views and No Reply?

3. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Sister Sowmya2709,

SAIRAM

Guess you kiddo is keeping you busy, Hope you are enjoying ...

btt I too haven't heard of anything of that kind, yes writing is fine, but striking it seems to be confusing, Why don't you get clarified from her Mom itself.

Let us see if anyone else knows about it, Best wishes..

May Baba guide you always, SAIRAM

4. Sowmya2709

Dear Sai Sakthi Sister,

Sai Ram!

Yes we have named him as Shreekhar. He is keeping as very busy!! Becoming Naughty day by day! Dint get proper time to chk IL, now getting back to normal. Hopefully, i will be active and participate in future Parayans. :)

I've asked her to ask the reason from her mother, but she dint get back to me. So, I dint want to press on the matter again.. thatsy thought of checking with our IL mates.