1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is Our Culture Degrading........???

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by brindhak, May 20, 2008.

1. Indian_Rani

Indian_Rani Junior IL'ite

I'm a young person and its possible to dress fashionable, trendy and attractive without wearing short things. Actually where I live in America, the classy, sophisticated or cultured young woman is one trend rather than the teeny-tiny miniskirts. I visited India recently and in Mumbai I was shocked to see what some of the girls wore. America has always been more 'liberal' but some of the clothing is inappropriate even to Western standards.

Considering this is India, the cheap guys whistle at women who are fully dressed so I wonder what will they do when women are in tiny skirts.

I think the problem is that for many years India was very traditional. So, for a short time young people will be challenging tradition to go to the other extreme but I'm sure people will then come to their senses.

2. brindhak

brindhak Gold IL'ite

Dear Indian Rani...
    Nice to see you here.. and thankyou for sharing your thoughts with us....As you have mentioned its really a challenging tradition... for youngsters......
    Its not wrong to be fashioned and trendy.. but in the same way one should maintain dignity..

Love
    Brindha...

3. brindhak

brindhak Gold IL'ite

Dear Sharada..

Thanx for joining with us... and sharing your views... the parents who live abroad MUST inculcate the indian culture and tradition.. to their children.... because the children are much exposed to the environmnet outside...and they stick to that culture if the parents fail to do this.....

Love
    Brindha

4. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear Brindha,

A topic very apt and making us ponder!!
    Yes the culture is as I see now on the degrading stages . Very difficult to be judgemental about who's responsible but yes all involved would be the parents, society and of course the person concerned.
    Not just interms of clothing its degrading in all possibe ways. A few days back a freind of mine told me that she had taken her teenage son to a pub to introduce him"to the other side of life'. He danced, Had BACARDI and had a blast. Now i wondered why should a teen mind be subjected to this and voiced my opinion .I was told that this helped bridge the generation gap. I totally disagree with this. You do not have to be irresponsible and name it as bridging the gap. Infact you are widening the gap between the child and a responsible life.!
    As far as the clothes are concerned the less said the better ,Firstly where are the clothes?? They are more like handkerchiefs. thats all you require to cover yourself and then you blame others for looking and misbehaving. The low waist nonsense that has been raiding the market gives me the scare. I have often witnessed guys and girls in the low waist and i often pray that i reach home before i witness it slipping down in full public view!! Phew.....
    Given Liberty and Taking it should have some kind of a limitation.We all have grown in conservative times , though not altogether. A little bit of everything is fine but outdoing it spoils the entire essence of enjoying the beautiful existence of a woman who is known for her personification of modesty!!

Love,
    Devika

5. brindhak

brindhak Gold IL'ite

Dear Devika Mam...( Im slowly typing your name.. cos i must not again type wrong)...

Im very happy to see you here mam.. Thankyou for your feedback...
    I just LOVE your fabulous writings..

"""""""""As far as the clothes are concerned the less said the better ,Firstly where are the clothes?? They are more like handkerchiefs. thats all you require to cover yourself and then you blame others for looking and misbehaving.."""""""""""

This is actually...a very serious issue... nowadys girls give more imporatnce to style and trendy wear.. they dont mind to see whether it suits them.... I hesitate to go to parties with my hubby.. becasue of this reason.... the way of dressing of these girls in parties...:eek:mg:...... I really dont know when they are going to realise all this..

Love
    Brindha..

Last edited: May 27, 2008