1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Parents ditched by their own dds and dss

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by vkrithika1, May 21, 2008.

1. Vidya Arun

Vidya Arun Senior IL'ite

Krithka

No, that was not right at all on the boy's part. I had a LOVE marriage too and had to convince my parents for their acceptance. But that respect they really deserve. Infact i told Arun before talking to my parents that if my dad does'nt accept to this, i am not sure of the outcome and to my surprise my dad said, i want to meet the boy and his family.

I still cannot forget the day in woodlands drivein where the entire family met and had conversation and finally got the date marked for our marriage. It is always nice to keep our parents in mind and not disrespect them like how the boy did.

I pray that God give the family a lot of strength, i know it would have been very tough on them.

Regards
    Vidya

2. sharadha

sharadha Bronze IL'ite

Hi kamala,

Hope I am too late to step in. Its totally unfair act by the boy. More than the bride the groom's parents are the most affected. What would happen to all the goodwill they have earned all these days? What kind of questions would have been raised around the girl? They would say that the girl is not lucky, even thought the actual reason is different, they would say "May be the boy would have heard something unwanted about the girl and so he ran away". What not stories they would cook up.

I feel more sorry for the girl with whom that boy is going to live cos this boy is such a coward that he doesn't wish to face the problem instead runs away from it. One way its good that they didn't get married.

In the case of the parents, though difficult they should not bother about the son anymore and live the rest of their life in a peaceful way.

When things happen when its not supposed to, we need to find a solution to come out of it rather than brooding over it.

What do u say kamala?

3. vkrithika1

vkrithika1 Gold IL'ite

Dear vidya,

You are lucky to have broad minded parents.These type of embarassments can be avoided only by the parents.If they are friendly towards the children , children would also will give first preference to the genuine thoughts of the parents.
    Sometimes parents give more freedom to the children and it happens that they are not able to control their children if they do wrong things.
    So the love and control should be in proper ratio and the children should feel, parents will never think anything bad for them.
    It is the duty of every parent to inject the confidence on them.

A healthy relationship between the parents and the children will keep full stop for the unwanted embarassments.

4. vkrithika1

vkrithika1 Gold IL'ite

Dear sharadha

Parents of the boy are avoiding all the functions of even close relatives and i am not sure of what happened to the girl.
    Poor girl.Let the god give her more energy to face this cruel world and give her a good partner who really deserve her love.
    and i pray to god, that the parents soon come out of it.

Thanks for posting your views here.

5. Indian_Rani

Indian_Rani Junior IL'ite

I'd agree that the boy is a fricking idiot. Excuse my language. Then again that girl is ultimately better off without him. That fool seems dishonest, immature, and cannot communicate, and very inconsiderate of others. If she married him, he would give her a hell time because imagine what kind of a husband he would be.

As for our culture, parents need to be more accepting and open to their kids views. The traditional strictness does not work because kids from a very young age learn to lie to their parents and put on a front.

6. swethakrishnan

swethakrishnan Senior IL'ite

Absolutely! And when it comes to life's decisions ... experience counts ... I agree that there have been a few cases in which the parents may not have accepted the marriage but the marriage has worked. But this mostly happens in conservative families. I feel that its always better to tell our parents what is on our minds. They are the best judges of our lives ...

I hope I have not offended anyone through this post of mine ... I have just posted my thoughts ... you are free to agree or disagree with me.

7. vkrithika1

vkrithika1 Gold IL'ite

dear all,

Vidya lakshmi, a new IL has come out with a similar problem.
    She has expressed her sadness.
    I really felt very much unhappy with her words.She is talking about running to orphanage and suicide attempt.
    Is she right in her thinking?.in her case too, the boy is spoiling her.

That Poor girl is suffering from mana ulaichal..
    Even if she marries that boy for her parents happiness, do you think she will lead a happy life with that boy.
    THey three(she and her parents) will come out of this soon, if she cancels the marriage.
    but if decides to marry him, they three will have to suffer for the whole life.

I am thinking of the other girl(boy's lover).i pray to god for the poor girl.(she should not take any extreme steps for this silly boy).

8. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Dear Kamala,

Today, I stumbled upon this thread. What an atrocious and shocking incident !
    Definitely, that boy is totally irresponsible and a coward !

He is outright selfish and has not thought of the consequences at all !

So, what happened to this bride? She should be relieved that she didn't marry such an insensitive guy !!

She should look ahead and not brood over this negative incident !

Krithika

9. babyraji

babyraji Silver IL'ite

Dear Kamala
    wht a shocking n shameful incident.
    the same situation was faced by one of my classmate years ago.everything frm cing the girl to fixing the marriage was with boy's consent.even the engagement took place n after 6 mths the marriage was fixed as my friend had to appear for her exems in meantime,the boy visited the girls family n had some gd times with the girl 2.but just on the previous day of the marriage the boy just dis appeared.i just cannot explain wht the girl n her fly members went thru tht time.but in this case the boy came back after 3 mths n said tht he was kidnapped n all tht.n again the marriage was refixed.today both r happilymarried n hav 2 kids.
    BUT EVEN TODAY THE GIRL DOESNT EVEN KNOW ANYTHING ABT WHEREABTS OF THE BOY AT THT TIME.she says tht she just got married looking at her parents social status n nothing else.

ur incident made me recall tht friend of mine
    raji

10. vkrithika1

vkrithika1 Gold IL'ite

Dear krithika,

The bride will need some time to forget these unpleasant events.BUt definitely i am sure she will find a better person and she will more happy.
    Thank God, the almighty saved her from this coward.

We have girls like Vidya lakshmi,Who are ready to sacrifice their life for their parents happiness.

These girls don't know that their parents will be happy only if they are happy.

THanks for posting your views here.