May 2014 Mom to Be Club :)

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by ruthwithus, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Zoya10

Zoya10 Silver IL'ite

Hi Gae3,

How are you doing? if your MIL has got viral fever its good she is not staying with you dear. Good that ur acidity have gone down, and as I guess may be colostrum wont leak for all ladies during first pregnancy.. And regarding discharge, yes I feel I get it more when I go for walking. I will check with my doc in my tom's appt. How is your doctor checkup going? When is your next scan?

Regarding baby stuffs, Born babies is also good for blankets, swaddles and stuffs.

Hi Crazymom,
    Thanks for the info abt colostrum and white discharge. I feel discharge is more when I go for walking or I do cooking standing for a long time. As you said, will confirm with doc tom. That s great you started purchasing :) I am yet to start and I guess I have starting problem, I dont know where to start!!!!!!! and what to start with!! I am planning to start next week. lets see.

It became lil cold last weekend but its getting better this week again. officially spring starts on mar 20th and I hope we dont have anymore suprirse snow. There are piles of snow, like a mini mountain accumulated on some apartments and offices are yet to melt. There are even bets going on predicting when the whole mound will be gone! :-D

Hi tinygirl,
    happy holi to you! Hope you enjoyed!

hello radical, aartizone, and others!

2. aarthizone

aarthizone Silver IL'ite

Hi friends
    hope you are doing good. I'm here just to say hi to all
    nothing to say from my side. As usual going

3. crazymom

crazymom Gold IL'ite

Hello Zoya, Gae, Aarthizone, Radical, and everyone. Hope you ladies are doing alright.

I am enjoying the Spring weather and counting days now :)

I am not sure if anyone from my or DH's family will be able to come or not. If not, then we will be on our own. We do not have good friends over here. I had 2 friends who I could call anytime if I needed but one left the country and the other one moved out of town. There are other Indian families, but the other lady who I thought was a good friend and I cooked for her DH while she was gone to India, and during her pregnancy- does not even call me anymore. She never offered any help so I don't feel good about asking help from her as I am very independent and would not like any help from people who do not care. I will arrange a baby sitter while I am at hospital so that DH does not have to worry about picking and dropping my son to daycare/preschool. That's it for my rant now bie1

1 person likes this.
  4. Zoya10

Zoya10 Silver IL'ite

Hi Crazymom,

I am doing good and Yeah it sucks when we except some lil care from someone and they dont even bother to call/ask abt it! It just makes us realize that there are ppl who comes to you when they need help! Hope things go fine for you and you will be able to manage during the delivery.

I had my US and doc appnt today and doc said baby measures abt 3lb now. And I am measuring abt a week ahead.. They checked the fluid level and said everything is fine..
    So, my next app is two weeks from now! I asked abt white discharge and she said its very normal and not to worry abt it!

Hi Gae3, aarthizone, radical, ssmom and others.. Hope all are doing great!

2 people like this.
  5. crazymom

crazymom Gold IL'ite

Zoya, I am glad that your appointment and ultrasound went well. It is good that baby is measuring good and everything is fine. Have you decided on name yet or still looking for it? I have shortlisted 3-4 names.

6. Radical

Radical Silver IL'ite

Hello All,

Hope you are fine.

My Update - On Monday I had a Scan, it went well. Dr said I measure one week ahead and my fluid levels are bit high. After I got reports I straight went to a gyn whom my dr had referred as she is not in station.

Since I had not taken prior appointment for checkup I was asked to come only to show reports. I was okay with that. When I went there, dr's assistant saw my swollen legs and hands and said you better get it checkd with dr.

I was lucky to see such a busy dr on the same day. My BP is normal, but dr said since fluid levels are high due to GD, she suggested me steriods for 2 days for lung development, this was
    given as a precautionary measure incase of preterm. I was bit worried and upset, but I convinced myself to take things as it comes.

I asked her about my backpain and tierdness, she said its all a part of pregnancy..take rest.

From there went to a hospital nearby got my 1st steriod shot. Dr had warned me that due to this sugar levels will go very high and asked me to see diabetologist on the same day.

By evening I was very tierd, diabetologist asked me to get few blood tests, and put me on high dosages of insulin.

Came home took some rest, as suggested took insulin and when I checked levels, it was showing 300, where as it should be below 140. I started crying, it was already 11 p.m.
    had no clue whom to call, what to do..mom was again tensed.

DH said, take more insulin right away..thanks to him..after taking it came down to 150.
    Uff I cried thinking of my baby..poor thing what if its stressed out. I somehow slept that night.

Next day, again had to take second shot but levels were okay. not so high or normal...

Radical

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
  7. crazyqueen

crazyqueen Silver IL'ite

Hi gae3,Zola,radical,crazy mom and all others.... Hope all r fine.... I'm here after a very long time....
    Things are going fine with me... And in 31st week... Baby shower function is over and has applied leave to office and at mom's place now....

1 person likes this.
  8. aarthizone

aarthizone Silver IL'ite

Hi radical
    dont worry. Everything will be fine.

hi crazyqueen
    enjoy your pregnancy in your moms place

what happened to ssmom

hi crazymom
    your are expecting anyone coming from India or decided you alone going to manage delivery?

9. Zoya10

Zoya10 Silver IL'ite

Hi Radical,

I am so sorry to read abt ur sugar levels dear. Dont worry, just follow your doc advice religiously and everything will be fine.

Did you ask ur doc that ur sugar level went to 300 and u took more insulin? Ask ur doc what u r supposed to do if it happens again? Just as a pre-caution and I am sure it wont happen again.
    Glad ur scan went well, mine was there yesterday. I am measuring a week ahead too! Doc asked me to watch my carb intake coz she thinks baby might gain more weight.

And what position your baby is in? I am sure u were lil glad that u got chance to see ur baby..

Hi Crazymom,

No, I have not decided on name, I am just browsing thru some names and I am not finding that "one" name I want. :) I have an exam next week related to my job. so once that s over, I can concentrate on all this. Now I am thinking only abt that stupid exam! shakehead

Hi Crazyqueen,

Welcome back.. Nice to have you again.. enjoy your time in mom's place dear. So I guess you can be active here than earlier. It would be great to have many ppl as our weeks progress!

Hi Aarthizone,
    Hope you are doing good..

Hi Gae3, How are you dear? Hope you are doing good.

I had this question. Baby was measuring abt 3 lbs and abt 30 weeks and some days, so is this weight normal? I was lil worried what if its more than its supposed to be?

10. Radical

Radical Silver IL'ite

Hello All,

How are you all today? Thanks for all your support.

I am feeling better today.

@Zoya - Yeah, I called up Diabetologist. He said, good you took more insulin and please do that in case levels go up.

I met gyn, she said keep monitoring levels, as soon as you see its going up, take more insulin. It all happened due to steriods.

Today my levels are normal :) My baby's position...hmm..not sure..will check my scan report again.

Radical