irregular cycles- can i conceive??

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by vasumathi89, Mar 18, 2014.

1. vasumathi89

vasumathi89 Silver IL'ite

Hi.. To precise my query. Im 24yrs. 1 yr 10 months since married. Taking thyroid n pcod tablets.. Getting periods within 23 days since few cycles. Will i ovulate ? Afraid. Pls let ur inputs clarify my query. What to do next ??

2. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

23 days is very short cycle. Either you might be have lesser luteal phase or other troubles in the first half. Its tough to tell whether you ovulate or not with cycle length. You can use OPKs or ultra sound to confirm the ovulation. By theory you should ovulate & your luteal phase length is very low which will not help in ttc. Have you talked about this to your doc? Its better to have a word with them.
    Are you under any other medication to trigger follicle growth or anything?

Hope you will be able to sort it out soon! All the best!

3. vasumathi89

hi vasumathy.. thanks for ur reply.. first lemme tell u this.. im a great fan of yours.. the way u reply with concern is what made me a fan ot urs..... btw, i was under siphene for 6 months but ended up in vain.. nw im in break since 3 months.. im much worried about my irregular cycles.. doctor lastly told me to go for iui or laproscopy.. im afraid abt the process as im aware about the pains.. done once with hsg.. horrible it was.. kindly lemme no what to do??

4. vasumathi89

btw, recently i came to know ur pregnant.. happy about that.. did you underwent any treatment??? if so in which hospital?? since im in chennai i may go to same hospital.. the doctor to whom i go always asks me to wait and watch ... she says im young and not even 2 yrs since married.. but i want to sort the problem.. hope u understand my state of mind.. can you please lemme know ur private no via pm...?? hope u never mistake me for asking all this..

5. luckwaves

luckwaves Platinum IL'ite

Dear Vasumathi89,

You are 24 and young enough to fight this phase dear . Just hold little more patience .
    23 days cycle is too short and as suggested by Vasu there must be problem either in the first phase or in the Luteal phase . Try tracking your BBT to understand your system better . Is your thyroid is hyper or HYpo? And I hope you are taking medicine religiously for the same . Is rest if your hormones are normal ?
    In the HSG test is the tubes are clear ?

Dont jump in to IUI immediately . Go in for a follicular study to know exactly when your ovulating and check do you need progrestrone pills to support your Luteal phase . Know your system and then proceed for IUI/Lap dear.

Hope your weight is on your favor .

Take care

1 person likes this.
  6. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear vasumathi89,

Yes, please visit a doc and check.. using an ovulation kit may be helpful, or BBT charting.

Remember stress and anxiety are two difficult things that might need working on. You are only 24, dont get stressed..

7. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    I would say, you should track why the cycle length is short in the break time(3 months right). Use OPK & BBT. Figure out ovulation and know which part of the cycle lags. If luteal phase is low, your embryo won't get sufficient hormones or time to grow into proper stage. If the first half is low, you may not grow follicles of adequate size. After this 3 months time, you can take up IUI or lap depending on the necessity!
    Lap won't be very painful stuffs as it will be done under anesthesia. You will need few days to recover from the effects.
    IUI is a simple process added with the medication you have taken till now!
    Thanks.
    Sometimes the wait and watch game will help. I have given the necessary gap my body would require in between treatments. You should take care of your health before rushing with treatments. Healthy body is very important for healthy pregnancy! Don't treat ttc as a problem. Its a process to mature you to the next stage. You will need lot of patience to grow the little ones of this age! It will train you to handle them! Give nature the time to handle things.
    By the way, i took treatment from Chennai Fertility Center. You can google for additional information on it! I felt it is good. You can try there if you like it! You are welcomed to PM me for personal queries! No more private stuffs in public!

Take care. Baby dust to you!

8. nithyadavidson

nithyadavidson Bronze IL'ite

hi Vasu,

I am not sure what to say regarding your concerns but I can tell one thing for sure, you are young so dont worry much, things will happen, just find a good doc who you can believe completely without 1% doubt. that is the main thing in this TTC journey as we go to them only for help. I would like to tell you my own story, very very irregular periods maybe in a yr i get 3 to 4 times periods right from my 8th std, after marriage first one yr i did not bother then went to doc for first 6 months she gave me tables for periods regulations then by Aug 2008 i started IF treatment with tablets and last month that was in July 2009 i was given HCG shots for 5 days but of no use as my follicle did not grow to their expectation so she said you will get periods and come and meet me. That time we were in the process of shifting to new house, I had to travel for nearly 2 hrs to my office, I was separate had to cook, take care of house and office work etc. So did not check any of the fertility dates we just did when we liked as we knew that month was waste. But miracle happened and I was conceived the same month which Dr said you will get for sure periods and delivered my beautiful girl on April 2010. Then as usual no periods for 8 months as i was feeding her and then by Dec 2010 to Jan 2012 I got my periods cannot say regularly but atleast monthly once. then again no periods I was not ready to go for treatments just called my doctor by March and informed her, she said just wait no need any tablets now, then next miracle happened in May 2012 again I was carrying and went and saw the scan the fetus was just 4 or 5 weeks, that means it must be formed by April 2012 and on dec 12, 12, 12, I delivered another girl baby. What I want to tell you is whether you get regular or irregular periods you cannot say you will get a baby for sure, just enjoy your life, no stress and pray. Baby is a gift from God, so just do what you can do and leave the rest to Him. All the best in this TTC cycle.

3 people like this.
  9. vasumathi89

thanks for everyone for replying me.. especially vasumathy... :thankyou2:

10. vasumathi89

nithyadavidson ur words are very soothing.. it gives me mental relief.. thanks a lot... stay in touch always