March 2014 Due Date Club :-)

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by april1981, Jul 15, 2013.

1. shrutimanjunath

shrutimanjunath Platinum IL'ite

My baby's birth story

ladies. My wait was so boring I delivered my baby at 40 w 4 d and he's weighing 7 lbs 3 ounces and is 22 3/4 inches.

Got lots of hair on head.
    I was admitted to the hospital on 13 th night to get induced but somehow babys heartbeat was decelerating n nurse thought I was dehydrated so she put me on monitor n fluids the whole night.

she told next day doctor will see babys heartbeat and decide how yo proceed with my case. We begged the nurse to start cervidil in. The night as the baby's heartbeat was going fine after 2-3 he's but she refused. Whole night the nurse came to monitor the babys hb and she adjusted the belt on my tummy to get proper heartbeat. So we had a sleepless night.

Next day day I woke up and had a bloody show and told the nurse. She. Was telling its a good sign but however doctor will decide what to do next. I had some cramps in between and I began watching the contractions 3-5 mins apart after that doctor came and told she will break the water. That time I was 2.5 cms dilated. I refused but later on checking there was a leak in the water bag so told her. She however took an amnio hook and pinched it. It was clear water so she dint worry. Then she told contractions might increase. I waited but nothing much happened. Later at Noon I got / severe contractions and decided to take stadol. That is completely like a sleep drug. I slept only in between the contractions. And when the contractions started I was awake. After 1 I took. Epidural as I was tired. After epidural started working I checked on and dilated to 4 cm 100% effaced. Then at 4 I was some more progressed and they started pitocin. By 7 I was 10cm dilated and fully effaced. We waited for the doctor to come he was at station 2 with good heartbeat.i pushed for 3 hours only nurse was present but she dint guide me well. So I was angry frustrated and tired. I kept on crying n pushing. But nothing worked. I was falling unconscious in between and the nurse was waking me up to push.
    Nothing worked. Later the doctor cane n guided me and he was out in 15 mins. While pushing for 15 mins I was so frustrated that I was crying loudly. And pushing as per my doctors suggestions. I pushed him out and they have him on my chest for skin to skin touch. It was amazing I was so much tired and desperate that I still kept crying and my son also joined me in crying. Had a partial third degree tear. But it's all fine we are still settling n at hospital once we go home we will be better.

We we have named him as rishaan

15 people like this.
  2. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Shruti,

relax.. Done a great job! Lot of patience too.. I can understand the tough labour you had but your little one will make you forget the pains ..

3. purpledream

purpledream Silver IL'ite

nice name shruthi rishaan:boo:

4. rv8

rv8 Gold IL'ite

Great Shruti!!! Your patience paid off well! Nice name too :)

5. doors

doors Gold IL'ite

Congrats shruthi!...wonderful to read your birth story...hugs to rishaan kutty..

6. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Congrats Nivedita. :)
    GOD bless your LO!
    Take care of yourself & your LO!
    Enjoy motherhood!

Hi Shruti,
    Congrats dear. :)
    GOD bless your LO!
    Take care of yourself & your LO!
    Enjoy motherhood!
    Finally your patience paid off! Good to hear your birth story! Have a great time with your LO!

7. april1981

april1981 Gold IL'ite

My little ones birth story.........my due date was 11 march and till 10 march I did not have any kind of pains except for the occasional braxton hicks. I was also administered enema on 8 and 9 march but no success. So doctor told will induce on 11 march. I was not happy about induction. She told me to drink castor oil.mixed in milk at night and come for induction the next day. I had castor oil and went to sleep at 12. At about 12.30 I started getting pains after passing loose motions couple of times. They were 10 min apart but low intensity. In an hour they started increasing in intensity. I was supposed to go to doctor at 7 in the morning. So I decided to.wait till morning and then go. At 7 doc took me to labor room and put me on oxytocin. Unbearable pain started and I started shouting give me epidural and do c sec. When I was shouting my husband on the other hand was saying do not listen to her since I was against epidural. My hubby was send outside at 8 when I had urhe to push. Three contractions and three pushes later he was out at 8.22am. I could hear him crying ...I forgot the Pain when I saw him. He was born with low weight. So my only job is see to it that his weight increases. This thing is constantly on my mind. We are yet to decide on a name.

7 people like this.
  8. shrutimanjunath

shrutimanjunath Platinum IL'ite

Thanks all ladies

we r still recovering. My hubby is doing a Gud job of father. I can say my lo saved me from induction. He's very precious to me. I was worried during labour that his heartbeat should not fluctuate even when he was in the birth canal and it took a long time to push him out.
    The day I was admitted I really thought n talked to my baby in bump. I told all this was not required for u n me and even after we were not induced in the night I spoke to my son that only u can understand where we are now come out soon son. It's time to begin life independently. I cried inside that night at the hospital. Now I feel babies can listen to their mommies heart. And my son said n acted accordingly that if mommy doesn't like inducing even I dint like it.

Thats why why heartbeat was fluctuating. and stopped induction

my current updates. My lo hasn't started breastfeeding yet. I'm trying to pump some milk for hkm but have only little colostrum coming out. He's taking it with formula.

We are discharged Sunday evening and Tuesday have an appointment with paediatrician.
    I have no bleeding right now but having pain of tear and the sore epidural needle that pricked me. My legs have swollen like a soccer ball

7 people like this.
  9. Chitravivek

Chitravivek Platinum IL'ite

Congrats Shruti. Happy parenting.

rv. How is your son now?

10. Divyavignesh

Divyavignesh Gold IL'ite

Congrats shruti and april,
    You will recover soon!