Info on Ambassador Kindergarden and Sabari Indian School Dubai

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Dubai' started by Sanhiti, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Rakhs

Rakhs New IL'ite

Hi Sanhiti,

Have u checked with G.D. Goenka School and GEMS Millennium Sharjah for admissions?They are in the School District of Sharjah.Academically DPS Sharjah is the best for CBSE curriculum but it is very difficult to get a seat there.You can have a look at Millennium in Al Nahda too.I had also moved from the US to Dubai when my son was 5 yrs old.It was a bit difficult for him to adjust here initially as he was used to the laid back atmosphere there.

2. Sanhiti

Sanhiti New IL'ite

Hi Rakhs,

Thanks a lot for your response! Yes we did check out both GD Goenka and GEMS Millenium. The problem with Sharjah school is the age limit (he will turn 4 by early April) that will make him repeat KG1. He goes to a very good preschool here and is into writing and other stuff, I am very hesitant to make him sit through KG1 (as there will be no new stimulation for an entire year).

would you be able to suggest good schools (may be similar to DPS sharjah) in Dubai as well. My plan is to see if I can transition him to a good school (preferably in Sharjah) in a couple of years when the age (hopefully) will not be a criterion for admission.

Great to hear that you moved back from the US too. So how do you like living in the UAE? What are the things that you found challenging initially that I should be aware of. I am more worried about my son adjusting to the schools here. How long did it take for your son to get adjusted and any tips/pointers would be really helpful. Thanks again!

3. Rakhs

Rakhs New IL'ite

Sanhiti,Do check again with the CBSE schools in Sharjah as just today it came in the newspaper that Age criteria for KG1 in CBSE schools will remain 3 years old.

My son took 2-3 weeks to adjust as the traditional bench and chair system was completely new to him and I got his admission done in Ambassador School(previously GIIS) which had just opened that year because I didn't want him to be lost in the crowd.He got personal attention there and he was completely fine.Though the school still has some teething issues but my son is happy here,so I don't have any problems.His concepts are clear and thankfully there is no rote-learning.

Some other good CBSE schools in Dubai are GEMS Millennium Al Nahda, Rajagiri school,Our own high school,Indian High school Dubai.They all are big and very old and well established schools and getting admission there is very difficult.

4. Sanhiti

Sanhiti New IL'ite

Thanks so much Rakhs! Yes I am in the process of checking in all Sharjah schools for openings.

Sorry I could not login earlier to this forum to thank you for the update.

5. jaimatadi123

jaimatadi123 Senior IL'ite

hello,

i have enrolled my 3 yr, 6 mnth old daughter in kg 1 in Ambassador this year,
    we live in karama and i would love some feedback on the school etc.

also looking forward to meeting up with mothers and kids in the same age group.

anu

6. raiyan

raiyan New IL'ite

hi all,

Does any one can give a review about Bilva Indian School in Dubai. I got a call for my son's KG1 admission. Please give feedback. since the school is new there are no updates available on the net.

PARENTS PLEASE HELP

Raiyan

7. raiyan

raiyan New IL'ite

hi all,

Does any one can give a review about Bilva Indian School in Dubai. I got a call for my son's KG1 admission. Please give feedback. since the school is new there are no updates available on the net.

PARENTS PLEASE ADVICE

Raiyan

8. imami

imami New IL'ite

Hello Raiyan, personally i don't have any exp, but two of my hubby friends had lot of complaints about bilva, its relatively new and they said school has no idea on how to operate... One of them has removed his daughter and put in Rajagiri...On the whole have not heard positive about this school.... There are lot of good schools around for which admissions are open... Try Sabari or Rajagiri admissions are open in these schools... Better stay away when you have other options

1 person likes this.
  9. raiyan

raiyan New IL'ite

hi Imami,

many thanks for the review, i was in a confused stage since i got the call from them. i have already paid a non refundable registration fees of AED 500 just for interaction with the child which i believe most of the schools do not accept without confirming an admission. i am not sure if this is legal or not.

We were out of country and were late to apply on time. Most of the good school's KG1 admissions are closed. No idea how Sabari is doing. i don't want to send him to Rajagiri since it is far from Al Nahda Dubai at least for the next couple of years.

i have one more question if anyone can answer please. can we change from O level school to CBSE from grade 1 or later. is this really complicated or are there any difficulties for the kids to catch up with CBSE ? Will the child lose one year by shifting from O level to CBSE school?

Appreciate your answers please.

thanks
    raiyan

10. sherinfarman

sherinfarman New IL'ite

Hi ladies,
    I was just googling up the same problem when I came across this post. This is my post on this site and I hope someone can help me.
    I am moving from Canada to Dubai this year and I faced similar problems in getting my daughter into a school. Due to the wide range and curriculums available in Dubai, I'm confused on what school to select. We are looking for a school near al nadha 2, and came across schools such as pristene and al diyafah, which are UK curriculum. But I couldnt get admission into these schools due the large waiting list ect. Finally we got my daughter into sabari indian school.
    I believe its an Indian curriculum and a newly opened school. I would appreciate if someone can tell me the difference between CBSE curriculum and the o level curriculum. And how are the reviews for sabari Indian school? Your help is much appreciated.

Thank you
    Sherin