Indians in Adelaide Australia

Discussion in 'Indians in Australia & NZ' started by vanitha335, Aug 3, 2012.

1. komalarora08

komalarora08 New IL'ite

Thanks Lazydesi and Shareon for the guidance.
    will probably book a hotel for few days to look for sharing / rental options. Trying to find some contacts in Adelaide who can help as a reference.
    will book tickets in a week's time .. Is Malaysia Airlines a good choice?
    though we know Singapore is better but that is charging 10K extra and layover at Singapore is 6.5 hours long...
    suggest what is good as we have an infant who would be 7 months by then....
    THanks....

2. shareon

shareon Senior IL'ite

Hi Komalarora,
    I have used Malaysia Airlines and the service is good. Emirates is really good too but the travel hours are pretty high. We flew out from Bangalore and last year around this time we opted for Malaysian airlines.I returned via Emirates. The fares were better and since our son was around a year old then, we opted to spend the day (transit was around 12 hours) at the airport hotel. The reason was we could use some rest and with the baby it was even more convenient.

3. komalarora08

komalarora08 New IL'ite

Hi Shareon,
    malaysia is charging for seat selection so fare reaches close to singapore air. Will probably book that.
    Any suggestions on shipping? How much does per KG cost to ship from india?

4. shareon

shareon Senior IL'ite

Arrived in Adelaide. Sorry, no idea on shipping. For MA permitted is 30 + 7 hand carry.

5. shareon

shareon Senior IL'ite

Although MA charges extra for seat selection, you could do a web checkin and seat selection 24 hours before departure (free!). Both my husband and me were on different PNR, but we were able to select seats as per our convenience. If online seat selection cant be done, call the malaysia customer care in Bangalore am not sure where you are in India, they would do it for you free of cost.

6. jayav

jayav New IL'ite

Hi Shareon,

I am happy for your posts. It's been helpful. I am in Adelaide now. Would it be possible for me to write to your personal id so that we can share more info.

Plz share ur id so that i could write to you for more details.

Thanks
    Jaya

7. shareon

shareon Senior IL'ite

Hi Jayav,
    I have pm'ed you. Could you reply to the pm please?

Thanks

8. mohitsharan

mohitsharan New IL'ite

Hi Shareon / Jaya,

I am from Whitefiled, Bangalore but curently in Singapore. Even I got State Sponsor from SA and in the process to migrate to Adelaide. Can you please give me your email ID or if possible please share the things of Adelaide like rental, monthly exp. etc to my id mohit.sharan@gmail.com

Thanks with Regards,
    -Mohit.
    +65-81500173

9. mohitsharan

mohitsharan New IL'ite

Hi Shareon / Jaya,

I am from Whitefiled, Bangalore but curently in Singapore. Even I got State Sponsor from SA and in the process to migrate to Adelaide. Can you please give me your email ID or if possible please share the things of Adelaide like rental, monthly exp. etc to my id mohit.sharan@gmail.com

Thanks with Regards,
    -Mohit.
    +65-81500173

10. shrukir

shrukir New IL'ite

Hello All,

I just came across this forum and could see fellow Indians with similar queries, that is too know and meet Indians in Adelaide. We recently moved here and like others would like to know and meet up. Also if there are any cultural events and get together or any Indian women (loads of chat over cup of tea) group in Adelaide.

Looking forward to hear from you all.

Thanks,
    Shruti

1 person likes this.