1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Husband lost interest in me :(

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Flowergurl, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Flowergurl

Flowergurl Senior IL'ite

Dear frens,

I am a mother of two and loves my husband very much...Am 6 kilos more than my ideal weight...How ever i have quite a lot of tummy and sagging boobs(post delivery and breastfeeding) , due to which i feel lot of inferiority complex infront of my husband(fortunately, with the rest of the world i dont have that issue ). My husband never leaves a chance to remind me how i need to exercise(i hate exercising) and can sense the digusting look on his face when we do you-know-what when he sees my tummy....

About my hubby - He has fallen for my looks (arranged marriage) and we love each othr very much(or so i believe), but he really expects me to look exactly same as we got married. I'm still very good looking, except some parts of my body...Some times when i get angry , i tell him to take a good look of himself at the mirror(am much much better looking than him) - for that he argues back saying that you liked my character/capabilities and it's still the same/even better...He often points to some of his frens wife who take care of their body(they exercise regularly) and ask me why i cant be like them - i hate that to the core...Now our relationship has come to the point that physical intimacy is the most scary thing for me.. .i feel very sad/depressed about this..

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014

2. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Start swimming. Go with the kids or go by yourself and swim laps. Swimming is the sure fire way to a great body and nice recreation especially in hot weather. One caution: it's rare that a woman has the same waist/tummy she had before having kids. So just be realistic.

3. Metamorphic

Metamorphic Platinum IL'ite

Stop hating it. Please start exercising. Not for the sake of your H but for your overall health and fitness. Enroll yourself in a gym. If that is not possible, start doing some abdominal exercises at home and other exercises (Google for help) for firmer breasts.

4. bchandra2008

bchandra2008 Bronze IL'ite

Hi flowergurl

Maybe thats your imagination

Maybe you are stressed out and not finding time to look good (becoz of Kids and other work)

do spend some time in grooming and invite your DH for a evening out; to bring back the zing in your love life

Having inferiority complex will lead you nowhere

5. sumalynux

sumalynux IL Hall of Fame

IF not for him, its better to be in good shape with respect to your health and confidence.

Just walk 30mins in morning and 30mins in evening,
    gradually increase it to 1hr in morning and 1hr in evening.

For belly, watch some youtube videos for belly reducing methods.

Watch what you eat, and eat in moderation.

Go to facials once a month, dress well like before, just because you
    have kids, doesn't mean you need to STOP take care of yourself..

6. shilpa28

shilpa28 New IL'ite

Physical beauty is one of the imp. things for husbands, and may be your husband is stressing bit more than usual which started to irk you more. TRust me, once is start excercising you will start gaining confidence on yourself, and when your hubby taunts, you dont anymore care and feel sad about his comments.

I am 20 kilos more than my usual weight, and I have 3 months deadling..I enrolled myself in teh gym a month ago, and already lost 4 kgs, which is making me feel lot better.

Bottom line, your husabnd expectations is very normal but the way he is pressurising is not good, try to tell him the same

7. vjan29

vjan29 Platinum IL'ite

Go for yoga classes and evening jogging. You will see best results in three months. Very strict diet. First step, avoid deep fry and sweets.

By the way 6kg more the BMI is not an issue. Check if any other issues with him.

1 person likes this.
  8. Marun

Marun Platinum IL'ite

Apologies to interfere in this thread.

If you feel exercising is sick, why don't you go out and play? Get some company for badminton and play daily. That will burn hell lot of calories. You won't feel like exercising.

1 person likes this.
  9. generic

generic Gold IL'ite

First of all, your husband should be a little more considerate...After deliveries a woman's body changes a lot...And with the increased responsibilities of home and child care a woman's priorities change and she doesnt get much time for herself, no free time for relaxation and personal grooming..That, along with hormonal changes maybe why so many ladies just blow up in size after becoming mothers...So don't be too hard on yourself...Firmly tell your husband not to compare you to other ladies as their body type, food habits, lifestyle etc are different from yours...For sometime take help from maid for all domestic chores and take help from daycares/ family members to look after kids so you can give time for yourself..Consult a good dietician, work out a diet plan & start a Yoga & exercise regimen in a good gym....Go to parlours and pamper yourself with beauty treatments regularly.When you feel relaxed and start feeling good abt yourself, your hubby will come running behind you!

6 people like this.
  10. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

No husband of this planet is that stupid, not knowing that a woman's body (so does a man's too !!gigglingsmiley) can not be the same as it existed before marriage. Your husband too !

But, why does he say, your body looks poor and compares you to his friends' wives ? Let me speak the truth : It is a cruel way how some husbands take recourse to, in the process of putting their wives in distress ! Why do they want to put their wives in distress ? That is a million dollar question. The far simple answer is 'hate'. 'Hate' and 'love' keep cropping up, again and again, in between a man and his wife. 'Hate' sometimes arises with reason, lot many times, without a reason.

What hate strikes the mind of a husband, he is likely to use either of the following three weapons to hit his wife :

1) He may say, none of the recipes cooked by his wife can come equal in taste to that of the recipes cooked by his mother. Or he may say, his mother and sister are always the most benevolent women in this world, the wife , however hard she tries, can never come close to his mother /sister or both. (truly, his own real opinion about his mother and sister is not that high.:-D He is saying so, simply to bring distress to his wife)

2) He may speak bad about the structure /body parts of his wife. (the truth is, he is not really upset by her plump appearance. He verbally abuses her appearance simply with the idea of putting her into distress. Here is a secret : being plump is beautiful to many men. See, Vidhya Balan is so popular among North Indian men, more popular than all slim contemporary Bollywood heroines)

3) He may speak bad about the wife's parents. Because, he knows, by verbally abusing her parents, he can bring lot of misery to his wife. (Every woman respects her parents a lot. The truth is, he also respects her parents. Yet, he expresses hate to her parents, simply to bring distress to her).

Having said the above, I would like to add a last note, there is a tremendous good work going on in 'Keep fit and maintain shape' section of this Forum. Please come there and join one of the on going group efforts. No matter what your husband says about your body, you , yourself should have a good opinion on it. Hence, nothing wrong in spending time in work-outs.

All the best !

5 people like this.