HSG report not clear. what i should do now?

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Angiee, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Angiee

Angiee Silver IL'ite

Dear Ladies,

How you all have been? I am a silent reader of this forum. but want to speak with you all now as i am feeling very low.

Keeping the long story short.

During last cycle, Gyno did a follicular study and found good follicle development. she prescribed progesterone tablets, HCG injection and folic acid tablets. However i didnt conceive but got my periods on 16th feb. so Gyno suggested for an HSG test which i underwent last saturday.
    Report says, "Broad fundus of uterus, left - fluid, spill = ??, right - block, spill = ??", she said she cannot relay on this hsg report. (there may be block or not, she is not sure) and wanted to do something like laproscopy\endoscopy\hysteroscopy etc etc in next cycle. she also explained something about the uterus shape which i didnt understand. I dont know. I didnt listen anything what she explained. nothing went to my mind. I was very upset and cried after seeing my report.

what is this all, ladies? What am i going through? what is happening to me?

Does any of you know what is this type of uterus mean?.

Mom says to put the hope on God, wait for sometime and try naturally. but ladies, do you think i need to be treated immediately??

NOTE: I also have mild pcos, but it is under control and my periods are always regular.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014

2. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Angiee,
    It seems like your left side fallopian tube is open (good condition) and the other one is blocked. To interpret more, detailed report is needed(Whatever written in the report).
    Some people claim that while doing the HSG procedure itself those blocks will get removed if its in removable condition. Because of this reason, its little unreliable on its results. So, doc tries to go for other procedures.

Instead of going for another hysteroscopy/lap, you can wait & try for few cycles naturally or medicated. Many people say one get very active window of conception in upcoming 3-6 months after HSG. If your doc want to do other procedures, you can choose to do that after this period. You may conceive before, so, may not need to do it! You can try since one tube is working fine. You can try the cycles when you see dominant follicle in left side. That may click if other things too fall in place!
    Give it a thought! All the best!

Baby dust to you!

3. vini31

vini31 Gold IL'ite

u wud need to give exactly what is written in the report, there are lots of ladies on this forum who have undergone HSG, lap, hysto and still higher level of infertility treatments, so dont get bogged down, talk to ur gynac and clear your dbts

4. Ihavehope

Ihavehope Silver IL'ite

Before going under the knife...try and get a second opinion. Maybe another gynic will be able to interpret the report correctly.

5. ransree

ransree Bronze IL'ite

Hi Angiee.. I too had faced a similar prob and had to undergo a lap which later revealed no problems.The shape of uterus was looked diff becos a fibroid was masking it... pls ask another good gynaec for second opinion or as ur mom you can try naturally if there is time..

Have patience and think twice.

6. Angiee

Angiee Silver IL'ite

Thanks for your replies all dear ladies. we planned to wait for some more months before going to surgery.

7. Angiee

Angiee Silver IL'ite

Ran,

Thank you for the reply. what type of uterus you had? did your gyno made any attempt\surgery to correct your uterus shape?

8. Angiee

Angiee Silver IL'ite

vini, thank you.

This is what doc has written in the report.

1.Broad fundus of uterus
    2. R - tube fill + ? Spill
    3. L - block +

I dont see any other details written in the report other than this.

Ladies, what do you say? are you all suggesting me to undergo a lap surgery as per my doc opinion, because this HSG report is not clear. or what shall i do? :( worried!

9. purpledream

purpledream Silver IL'ite

hi angiee,

relax first.y dont u get a second opinion.
    consult with another doc n then decide.dnt stress urself much.
    if one tube is blocked we need nt worry a lot.even if both r blckd.
    we have advanced treatments.just for ur satisfaction go for second opinion.
    eat healthy n stay calm.we ll be blessed soon.

10. Angiee

Angiee Silver IL'ite

PD dear,
    your comments makes me relax. thank you. however if i think of the reality, i cant stop worrying. the abnormality shape of the uterus worries me more added with this blocked tubes :( .. even if i go to the extreme extent in treatment, say IVF, I would need a proper uterus. isnt? :(