1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Come lets loose some Weight (People who are serious to Loose weight, Only please)

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by sumalynux, Feb 20, 2014.

1. srilathab

srilathab Silver IL'ite

3/3/14 updates

Bf: Wheat Rava upma
    Mid day : tea
    Lunch : 2 roti with flat beans curry
    Evening : 3 Oats biscuits, Green tea
    Dinner : suji upma

Exercise : squats-10,lunges-10,walk - 45 min

3 people like this.
  2. Prameela84

Prameela84 Gold IL'ite

Week - 2 Challenge (3/2/2014 - 3/9/2014) - 8 Days (20,000 calories)

3/2/2014 - 1500 cals

3/3/2014 update :

Work out:

Cardio : 2,500 calories

Strength : 30 mins

Yoga : 30 mins

Diet :

6:00 am - Coffee

9:00 am - soup + fruits

12:00pm - Soup+ fish + sweet + fruits

3:00 pm - Green Tea

6:00 pm - 2 idli + sambar + sweet + fruits

2 people like this.
  3. Lakshmikishore

Lakshmikishore Silver IL'ite

Thank you Srilatha

4. Padmaja2013

Padmaja2013 Silver IL'ite

Dear Ladies,

Good morning...how are you ? I am thinking from so long how much time would it take from me to reach my home form office.. At last finally i gone to my home by walk from office to my house Yesterday evening. The appox distance would be 7.5km i walked 1.5 hr to reach my house:clap. If i would have gone by bus also it may take appox 50-60 min.. Good that i had done with out any issues all the ways. But one i reached my house i could not imagine the foot pained like any thing..i told the same to my DH and he saying to don't force your self to do this at one short..he is saying do continuously to reduce my weight.thinkingsmiley

Here is my update 03rd March 2014:

8:30AM: 1 cup tea + 4 Biscuits

10:30AM: 2 slices of OMGA-3 Bread + 1 glass Horlicks

1:30PM: 2 Chapathi with Subji + 1glass lime soda

4:30PM: Gingelly balls + 1 Cup Tea

8:30PM: 2 Chapathi with Subji + 1 cup rice with dal + 1 Pears

Long walk: 4.5 miles(Office to my house)

Thinking today to do yoga in the evening as morning could not get up with sevear leg pain because of my yesterdays long walk...bie1

3 people like this.
  5. JyoRat

JyoRat Senior IL'ite

hi All,

Finally I started my diet from today :( :'(

so my target would be to loose 3kgs a month.
    no change in my weight from initial one.

will post my routine EOD today.

3 people like this.
  6. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Padmaja
    Walking for that long with your normal footwear???????:rant
    Puleeeeeeze,.... don't hurt yourself.console1

Keep your legs immersed in salt+lukewarm water for 10 minutes.Wipe out.Give a gentle massage with moisture cream/lotion.

Don't let yourself into walk for next 2-3 days till you completely relieved from pain.

If you are keen in,carry walking shoes to office and it won't hurt you that much.

Thanks.

4 people like this.
  7. sumalynux

sumalynux IL Hall of Fame

The Effects of Drinking Hot Water

For those who like to drink cold water, this post is applicable to you. It is nice to have a cup of cold drink after a meal. However, the cold water will solidify the oily stuff that you have just consumed. It will slow down the digestion. Once this "sludge" reacts with the acid, it will break down and be absorbed by the intestine faster than the solid food. It will line the intestine . Very soon, this will turn into fats and lead to cancer . It is best to drink hot soup or hot water/tea after a meal.

Most people do not consider drinking hot water refreshing or to have any health benefits in addition to those gained by drinking cold water. Although drinking cold water on a regular basis is good for your health, some experts believe that drinking hot water can be equally beneficial, but in slightly different ways. Both hot and cold water hydrates you, which is the main benefit of drinking water. Cold water sounds more appealing to most people, and does help burn a few extra calories after a work out than lukewarm water. It is also absorbed into the bloodstream easier, which helps hydrate your body, especially if you have been sweating, which dehydrates your body. However, some people are drinking hot water as a way of purifying their bodies, very much like going to a sauna.

If you drink a glass or two of hot water, you increase your body temperature slightly. Your body, in order to maintain your temperature around 98.6 degrees, will begin to sweat to cool itself down. The sweating induced by drinking hot water helps purify your bloodstream by flushing toxins out of your body. It is reported that drinking hot water also helps remove deposits in the nervous system that have a negative effect on your thoughts and emotional responses. By drinking hot water, you are able to purify your body and mind, creating a balance that will make you feel healthier and think more clearly.

You can use hot water to purify yourself simply by drinking a glass of hot water once or twice a week. The water should be quite warm so that it causes you to sweat, but does not burn your mouth when you drink it. You should begin to sweat quite a bit as your body tries to lower its temperature. After you stop sweating, wipe away the perspiration and begin drinking another glass of hot water to balance your temperature.

Drinking hot water is also extremely useful in clearing your nasal cavities, especially if you are sick. The water vapor causes the buildup to loosen and make you feel less congested. Using hot water is preferable to tea or coffee, since their caffeine will dehydrate you, and that is the last thing you need when you are sick. In addition, sweating some can help you to remove some toxins from your body and hopefully get better sooner, and improve your overall health.

5 people like this.
  8. Lakshmikishore

Good tips Suma..I will start drinking warm water from today

2 people like this.
  9. Lakshmikishore

Good afternoon ladies..

3rd March update:

8 AM : 1 cup tea
    9AM : 1/2 cup wheatflakes with 100 ml milk
    10:30AM: 1/2 cup sprouts
    1 PM: 1 cup rice with 1/4 cup cabbage carrot poriyal,1/4 cup spinach dal+300 ml buttermilk
    4:30PM: 1 cup tea
    6PM: couldnt control had aloo chips:bonk
    8:45PM : wheat upma

Workout: 25 mins elliptical 250 cal

2 people like this.
  10. Rathikka

Rathikka Silver IL'ite

Today update
    mrng lemon with honey
    breakfast 1 naan with hummus
    lunch 2 chapathi and 1/3 cup rice and fruits
    snack 1 green tea and pita chips(really a lot),chocolate:bonk