1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Same!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by rgsrinivasan, Mar 3, 2014.

1. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

"I welcome you all to this program and wish you all success for the journey that you are about to begin!", a gentle voice said as we all listened impatiently, waiting for it to get over. Long before going there, I had practised the art of sleeping without eyes being closed fully, yawning without opening the mouth etc., but was tested thoroughly then. Finally, it started. We were requested to give an account of our experience later, and were asked to be brief [they know about me before! I am sure of it!].

I started mine in the same way as I do other things - unprepared, but exuding a fake confidence that cannot last beyond the second question [I am sure of that too!], just to get some raised eyebrows. I was initially very shaky handling it and found out how much of a fool that I was. My hands and legs were shaking involuntarily when I started and I felt very much like colliding with someone else who was just before me. Thankfully, it got stabilized a bit later but I could still hear and see many things that I shouldn't be. Just when I thought I was doing fine, there was this huge pothole that came from nowhere. I tried my best to evade it and the more I tried, the more I went there. It made me to chide myself, that worsened it, as I was dangerously skewing this way or that, till it almost completely stopped and I was on again after God only knows how many minutes / hours. Then I experienced that numbness, initially only in my left foot, and it rapidly spread to my other foot and them to my hands too. I was terrified, but then could not do much about it, other than being away from thinking so much as I was already in the journey.

It gives you a strange tickling feeling. Isn't it? Like being blazed on one side by a stick of fire while ice being applied on the other. It gave me twin jolts and I was almost about to be out of it all, but just through a miracle, I was able to sustain [Was I?]. Then I saw that familiar territory, the schools that I studies and the places that I went during childhood times and the parks that I frequented then. Some of them had been pretty much deteriorated, yet I could make it out because of my prior knowledge of these places. I then saw the darker places, but these revealed themselves better now, as some ray of light [however, weak!] had fallen upon them and I saw a boy being abused for a fault which was not his, his mom coming to defend and the one who accused, asking to forgive. By seeing his face, I realized that he understood nothing at all and was so bland. Then I saw an aloof, tall guy keeping his head strictly down whenever he went near anyone, and understood that it was because of the inferior complex that he had, though he might refuse it.

As I went further and further, I heard those chants which are rhythmic and they seemed timeless too. I have heard them earlier, but could not place them. This feels very similar to the places where you go for the first time, yet you feel so certain about your 'knowledge' of it. I could not find the source of them however and they were slowly filling inside me, making me to feel tranquilized a bit. From somewhere, I got a message that I should stop then, though I did not know who placed it. I was slowing down gradually, and then was almost thrown out from where I have been. That caused me a visible pain and as a result, a few drops fell on my shirt. It felt like I was shook from my reverie.

I understood then, that what I saw outside is what I saw inside too!

3 people like this.

2. Aspire

Aspire Gold IL'ite

Hello RGS:

I was reminded of the quote "We do not see the world as it is. We see the world as we are"

Came to IL after a long time and was good to read your post.

1 person likes this.
  3. rgsrinivasan

You hit the bulls eye Aspire, with that quote. Indeed we just rate ourselves and others from our own perspective which could be faulty, mystic [sometimes you never know where you get something from somewhere withing you] and when continuously questioned, filtered and rationalized, may lead to a predictability.

Happy to receive your feedback and of course, happy to see you again. Welcome back! -rgs

4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear RGS,

What a enthralling journey you have narrated! Mind tried to keep us in a familiar setting and hence past, present and future will remain exactly the same unless some of us, if not all, try to consciously change the mind to see a different world altogether.

My business partner used to explain why he left a Fortune 50 company to pursue career in smaller companies. He always wanted to see the difference he makes to the organization and unfortunately a Fortune 50 company is like a big ship and when he is on a steering wheel, he can't even see the ship turning no matter how hard he turned it.

Our mind is also full of thoughts of what we had pursued in prior lives and what we intend to pursue in the present life and so on. Even if we make changes (if at all, it is possible), we don't see any changes that quickly. But if we keep making changes, initially others around us will see it and slowly our life will change for good. We can see our perception of the world around us changes over a period of time. Manamoolam Idam Jagat is the Sanskrit saying which means, "the whole cosmos is nothing but projection of mind".

Viswa

2 people like this.
  5. Sonali222

Sonali222 Gold IL'ite

Hiii rgs late rply today

6. rgsrinivasan

I am sort of overwhelmed to read this feedback Viswa. Thanks a lot. I realized only after posting that, I have been introspecting more leaving others no clue to see what it is all about. Its my mistake. Am sorry about that.

Coming to your feedback, its all about the power of perceptions and preconceived notions that we have, along with past experiences that we carry along, that push us to conclude in whatever we deal with.

And the first step [my opinion] in spiritual path is to learn to unlearn.
    Nice feedback. Thanks. -rgs

7. rgsrinivasan

Thanks for your like and feedback Sonali222. -rgs