New Members get Attachment Viewing Permissions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Induslady, May 22, 2008.

1. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear IL'ites,

Effective today, even new members (i.e. members with less than 50 posts) will have access to view attachments on all forums except "IL Meet-Ups". New Members will not have access to the entire IL Meet-Ups sub-forum until they become a junior member (50+ Posts).

Why did we make this change?
    When we introduced changes to the member statuses, we set it such a way that only Junior members (members with 50+ post) can view attachments/photos. We did this so that strollers don't get to see the pictures of our members (and thereby increasing our site's safety).The unfortunate side-effect of that was there were a lot of members who couldn't access the attachments/photos in Arts and Crafts, Recipes and other sub-forums.

Along the way, we also realized that almost all of member pictures are shared only within the IL Meet-Ups Sub-forum. So we decided to restrict access to the entire IL Meetups sub-forum and open up attachment viewing for other sub-forums. With this change we are achieving our objective of keeping strollers away from member pictures, but at the same time providing members with the ability to view the content they want to see.

As you know, we closely watch the impact of any change that we make and adjust as necessary. Thank you so much for everyone who wrote in with your feedback and suggestions. With that two-way dialogue, we can infinitely sustain our place as the "Safest and friendliest Indian women community". Thank you.

2. jelaja

jelaja New IL'ite

Dear Malathy,

This is a fantastic move and I thank all the team members of Indusladies.com for this decision, this will definitely benefit a lot of new members like me.

Jelaja

3. Prachi.B

Prachi.B Bronze IL'ite

Thanks..................... for giving the Junior ILite the permission to access the attachments. :clap

4. VLR

VLR Silver IL'ite

Thank you so much!
    This is the best news for the day.. Now I can view Chitra mam's recipes' photos ...:thankyou2:

5. parentvael's

parentvael's New IL'ite

Thanks for a welcome change.

It sure makes for betting Iling. Yes, it was a deterrent but now I fully understand why you were doing it. Though I still thought it strange that you want to encourage us to spend more time online = away from work, home, family and 'real living".

Don't get me wrong. Personally, I have been a foreighner for teh last 7 years, so a site like Indus ladies does make me feel home when there are no friends about.

Thanks again!

6. jayasree05

jayasree05 Senior IL'ite

thank you very much for allowing us to view attachments, i was eagerly waiting tto see the kamal embroidery photos and photos of certain recipes of krishnamma and chitvish, once again thank you
    jayasree.

7. kalakshetra

kalakshetra Senior IL'ite

Thank you so much for giving permission to New Ilites to view attachments. This is great news. Now I can see some of chitvish recipes and also some of the craft attachments. Thank you once again

8. bhagirathi

bhagirathi New IL'ite

Thanks for giving us this privilege, now I can happily view Chitvish's recipe pics and the swami pics.
    Thanks again
    -Bee

9. shanthi krishna

shanthi krishna New IL'ite

Wow, fantastic. Now , I can view attachments. Thank you.

10. priyadinesh

priyadinesh New IL'ite

thankyou ILITES for giving us permission to view the links.
    i stopped watching hobbies and crafts forum because of this, but now i can see the pictures
    thanks...