How to find if I'm pregnant or not?

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Lakshmys, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Lakshmys

Lakshmys New IL'ite

Hi everyone,
    My last periods was on 5-Jan-2014. I didn't get periods after that... I also did a home pregnancy test on 13-Feb which came negative. But I somehow have a feel that I'm pregnant.. My appointment date with the doctor is on 14-March.. Is there anyway that I could find out for the good news by myself... Like observing pulse or something from home... Or should I wait for another 15 days to consult my doctor...

Thanks a lot in advance for your suggestions!

2. Whitelight

Whitelight Silver IL'ite

Take another home pregnancy test...if you are pregnant,your hormone levels will be high enough by now to show on the tests. If possible try to get one that says pregnant or not pregnant and use the first urine in the morning without drinking any water before the test.
    There is no other way...except for waiting foe few more days and getting a blood test when you visit the doctor. All the best:thumbsup

Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
    2 people like this.
  3. RNair2014

RNair2014 New IL'ite

I second what Whitelight said. Just dropping in to wish you luck, Lakshmys!!!

4. sudhajay

sudhajay Silver IL'ite

Hi All,

Am ttc for 2.5 yrs. Now am also in the same situation. Mine is regular 30 days cycle. LMP is Jan 24. now 3 days late. Yesterday evening i did one HPT. I came out negative. My urine was so clear because i drank more than 2 ltrs water yesterday and before leaving office i drank water. I went ahead to do HPT because found so many positive signs (may be my imagination). on 20th day i saw brown spotting on my panties. 25th day whole day tooth sensitive. 26th day whole day severe headache. from 29th day severe backpain. shoulder pain. yesterday too. But yesterday evening when i did HPT it came out negative. How many days i have to wait to take HPT??? Please reply. Thanks.

Regards,
    Sudhajay

5. luckyhopes

luckyhopes Silver IL'ite

Hi Sudhajay..

If yours is regular 30 day cycle, HPT should show positive by now...Try to use first morning urine..All the very best...

6. sudhajay

sudhajay Silver IL'ite

Thanks for the reply luckyhopes. But am afraid to see results :cry:

1 person likes this.
  7. Lakshmys

Lakshmys New IL'ite

8. aabcii

aabcii Gold IL'ite

Dont worry ... keep in prayers ..right time right things will happen....

9. pinky2cute

pinky2cute Platinum IL'ite

Dear OP, pregnancy can be detected by hpt best when done around 2-3weeks after the last menstrual period.
    Since your LMP was on 5th jan, by now it should have come positive if you are pregnant.
    But to confirm, take another hpt and best to do it early morning as soon as you wake up, without intake of any form of liquids.

Also, you can take beta-hcg blood test to confirm if you're pregnant or not.

All the best. May you be blessed with kids.

10. LLavanya

LLavanya Gold IL'ite

I am also in same boat. I got by jan 23 and it got delayed. But i will have irregular periods some times..

But this time, i could see some changes like soar mouth, stomach doing some thing, nipple pain ....but i am active still...last time when i got conceived i got vomit from 31 day itself...unfortunately baby does not have hear beat.

After 1 year now only got the same feeling. BUt had a test yesterday morning , it showed negative. I heard so many saying negative but still pregnant. Why is that happening now a days is big question mark...

I went to doctor yesterday ..near by dr only. She prescribed one tablet and asked to come after 10 days to test thr.

Waiting eagerly to know the result but at the same time preparing myself for both the results..
    All the best to all ladies to have good news.