pcod with regular periods still ttc pls help

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by pearly86, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Sangamitraprady

Sangamitraprady New IL'ite

Hi dreamworld, I HV been on medication for a year n used to have diahrea at time .may b its ma PMS.consulting a doc soon!

2. RNair2014

RNair2014 New IL'ite

Hi Sangamitraprady,

Hope you get your bfp soon. All the advice you got so far is excellent and whatever I say is just a repetition, but still..

I always knew I had PCOS (since I was a teen), but never took it seriously until 1-1.5 years back when I wanted to have a kid.

What worked for me was to have a high protein, high (good) fat diet with less carbs and minimal processed foods. I also used to take myo-inositol and some herbs like vitex. My hormone levels had really improved and come back to normal the month before I conceived, but I did take Provera and metformin that month to start my period.

The metformin symptoms should ease up soon, but probably you could check with your doc to ease into it if you think that will help. Like take one dose the first week and then start the full does.

Once again, all the best!!!

3. pearly86

pearly86 New IL'ite

Thankyou so much RNair, I have logged on to this site after a long time ..its been almost like 6 months now..and m happy to say that m over my pcod now from past 3 months ..and again trying for baby but still havnt had any success yet..but I m hoping and praying that I will soon but good to see your response thankyou so much for taking time out in replying to my query..

4. pearly86

pearly86 New IL'ite

any advice as what else to do ..I do still get dizzy around ovulation ..but my cycle got regular and i stopped taking m2tone..even after that my cycle never exceed 28 day cycle..so any other thing do I need to do ..

5. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Pearly,
    28 day cycle is a good one to have. Ensure you ovulate in each cycle. If you ovulate, it will help you to conceive.
    Dizziness must be because of tiredness too. Ensure you eat good and health around ovulation.
    Take care.

Baby dust to all TTC ladies...

6. pearly86

pearly86 New IL'ite

thanks a lot for your reply I also have one question as it is said that pcos should not drink milk on the contrary I read that whole milk is really good for conception and then skim milk may give infertility ..so should I drink milk or not I am in US and ewhich brand if anyone knws which specific brand is good here

7. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

For diabetics, people used to say all white stuffs has to be consumed in moderation. PCOD if untreated will bring diabetics in future. Better be in the safe zone. Use milk in moderation. Milk has many good nutrients.