Query at 29weeks

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by learnuser123, Feb 20, 2014.

1. learnuser123

learnuser123 Senior IL'ite

I am 29weeks pregnant (7th month).couple of people who look at me feel I don't look like 7th as they think my belly is low.(comparing me with my relatives and neighbors who are in 5th and 6th months )also any one who meets me asks the weight of the baby and all I say is I don't know as I had tiffa scan at end of 5th month and apart from saying everything is fine Dr did not discuss about the weight.and I didn't have any scan in 6th month.

Also During daytime (while awake)i am feeling so light that sometimes I forget I am pregnant until I look at my belly.only while sleeping I am feeling somewhat heavy and uncomfortable.while on the other hand my neighbors who are in 6th month say they are feeling uncomfortable even while walking.

Also people around me says they get lot of itching which I have not yet experienced..... I don't understand is that normal.

My only relief is I am getting baby kicks regularly.

I have dr appointment in 10 days but all this thoughts(no itching,not looking like 7th month and feeling very light,not knowing weight )scares me .

2. Divyavignesh

Divyavignesh Gold IL'ite

Hi Learn user,
    calm down, dont compare yourself with others and dont mind what others say.
    The belly size depends on ur body structure and the kind of dress you wear.
    For short ladies the belly seems to pop out lot and for slightly tall gals and gals with longer torso the belly will not be seen much when pregnant.

Even for myself when i wear night dress i don't see my belly so much.
    Dont worry and enjoy your kicks.
    I have heard that from 33 to 38 weeks your belly grows rapidly.

3. crazymom

crazymom Gold IL'ite

Hi Learnuser, first of all congratulations on your pregnancy. Every pregnancy is different. As long as you are feeling baby movements and there is not ache/pain, you are fine. I am on short size and even though my babies will be smaller, my tummy will look huge and people say that the baby will be big. The same thing happened with last pregnancy and my son was average size, this time also my tummy looks big and people are saying the same thing. I just smile and pass by.

4. shrutimanjunath

shrutimanjunath Platinum IL'ite

Hey op

you will have lot of worries once the baby comes. so chill now

even I had less tummy at my 7 th month but now my tummy is so big that people think baby is about to pop out I m 5.3 in height

this is not a concern at all. During pregnancy sometimes the hormones are high and you end up thinking unnecessary things. Don't worry if it's a serious issue then you doctor will tell you openly

5. Amywos

Amywos Bronze IL'ite

@learnuser,
    I was pretty much feeling the same way. Infact until 81/2 month I was very comfortable doing things I was doing and hardly had any tiredness or anything. Only from 9th month I felt uncomfortable and heavy slightly, that too mostly while sleeping. And whats that itching? I never had any :)

My doctor never discussed baby weights with me, the only time I know the baby weight, was after he was born :) , No ultrasound scans after 5th month and all doctor said was baby is normal and heartrate is good. I was on thinner side and until 7th month people cant make out if I have tummy or if am pregnant. To top it all, I would not have regular kicks at all, hardly few each day, but nothing worried me as the checkups went fine. Dont stress over things, baby will be fine. Be happy and enjoy your pregnancy. You being happy sure keeps the baby happy , even during delivery times, pls stay calm and be happy, it definitely makes delivery lot easier. Good luck

2 people like this.
  6. learnuser123

learnuser123 Senior IL'ite

Thank you all for the wishes and thanks for the reply.

When some one says my tummy looks small I used to tell them it is because I wear very loose dresses but internally I used to feel worried.

After reading all your replies I felt some relief.

congrats to you all and wish you all a happy and safe delivery.

7. Gae3

Gae3 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Learnuser123,

Congrats on your pregnancy.Happy to read that all aready your smiling.
    Take care dear.As everyone suggested there is nothing to worry.
    relax :)