1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I am a tough nut

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by sweetestshweta, Feb 19, 2014.

1. gurpreetsingh

gurpreetsingh Gold IL'ite

sweetestshweta ,
    Thanks for writing a long post on this.. enjoyed the post very much ..
    ur post is so true .. enjoy ur life as u r doing now.. some maniacs might try hard to spoil a girl's happiness when they see her happy..
    But I feel that making them mad by being happy inside is the best gift we can give to such people..
    :)
    I am preg now and how were you taking the advices ofmil .. did u follow 'acting deaf'
    I am very sure mine ll give load of loads of irritating advice which would irritate me to the core.
    I am also getting ready to fight battle as i m waiting for little one :)
    Anyways as u said this battle is life long and if if we strong during post partrum , then we can manage any other situation easily
    Again thanks for u r great post

When mine irritates me to the core , I will definitely recall ur post and try to follow you..

1 person likes this.
  2. gauridinesh

gauridinesh Platinum IL'ite

Standing ovation!!! :) I loved it..You took charge of yourself and stopped depending on others for Happiness. thats the key. All the best. HUGGGGGGSSSSSS and HI-FIVE!!!!

1 person likes this.
  3. sunshine1970

sunshine1970 Gold IL'ite

This stresses them out.When they are stressed and you are unaffected,they start behaving weirdly and act stupid which exposes them in front of DH.Like my MIL in a fit of rage said to my DH-"your wife is these days not giving any time to you.She is always out or on phone.You should control her". Now,my DH gave a shocked look(as my MIL otherwise was always sweet remember?) and said-"why shouldn't she enjoy her life and why should I control?What is your problem with her?"(Oh..I so much love him for this)QUOTE=jazz16;3160561]way to go gal!![/QUOTE]

This was my most favourite part of your post, all of it was wonderful but this stood out the most. I always give ladies the advice on this forum that let your IL unravel in front of your DH, this is the only way he will see their true colours. My life was hell in terms of IL as my DH constantly said they were good people and loved me. When I started ignoring them and their tantrums and demands and did my own thing they eventually got stressed out and really unleashed on my DH and he saw what I had been seeing for years. This got the ball rolling and now he totally understands my point of view. You just have to step back, don't instigate and let them unravel. This is awesome what you did, I am so glad you are so strong. It is great how your DH is wanting to pursue you.

3 people like this.
  4. sunshine1970

sunshine1970 Gold IL'ite

I am also so happy for you that you have realized this in time for your child to grow up and see a strong mother, I waited almost 14 years to stand up for myself but better late than never.

1 person likes this.
  5. ars

ars Platinum IL'ite

Sweetshwetha to a tough nut.
    What a transformation. Glad to know you are doing well. Congratulations!!!
    Your Shahrukh, Salman statement too cool. LOL

2 people like this.
  6. priya4raj

priya4raj Silver IL'ite

So you rock!! and pat on your shoulders!! Self manipulation is always better than getting down to correct ignorant people!

1 person likes this.
  7. SwornToSecrecy

SwornToSecrecy Silver IL'ite

Dear OP,

My inlaws are not with me, but when they are I will take all your points and act accordingly. Girls like you make this world a better place! thanks for sharing!

1 person likes this.
  8. shantana

shantana Platinum IL'ite

dear swetha, congrats on the new bundle of joy.
    even though i had joined IL in 2009, i wasnt a active member. i regretted alot as i went thru 2 post partums and learnt by hard way to handle it.

take care and have lots of rest. pass our kisses to the little one. is it a boy or girl?

1 person likes this.
  9. sweetestshweta

sweetestshweta Gold IL'ite

Thanks Nidhi.We go through a lot because we let it happen to us.Set your limits and then stick to them.Don't keep stooping down because this isn't going to end.There is nothing a woman can't do.Challenge yourself and you'll do it.
    Take Care darling..

10. sweetestshweta

sweetestshweta Gold IL'ite

Thanks dear.Its so so good to hear that.My friends here keep me kicking to strive more.
    Lots of love..