January 2014 Due Date Club

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by suganvijay, May 9, 2013.

1. shrutimanjunath

shrutimanjunath Platinum IL'ite

Ashwini did you do any yoga or walking for fast n normal delivery. Give tips for ftms.

2. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Congrats Priyasaki. :)
    GOD bless your LO!
    Take care of yourself & your LO!
    Recover soon!
    Enjoy motherhood!

Hi Aswini,
    Congrats!
    GOD bless your LO!
    It seems your LO doesn't want to trouble you more!
    Take care!
    Enjoy motherhood!

1 person likes this.
  3. KHaridraK

KHaridraK Silver IL'ite

Hi Priya,

Congrats on the arrival of ur li'l champ!Happy Parenting Dear!

4. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

2nd time mommies,

what have you planned for family planning? have you decided permanent or temporary method? many friends of mine, suggest to do it immediatedly after delivery..

am really confused about going for permanent or temporary. I dont know which will suit my body type also. Will IUD causes wt gain?

any ideas?

5. purpledreams

purpledreams Silver IL'ite

*****Our Tiny Tot's birth story*****

As a FTM I am really excited and very very happy and had a very memorable birth experience.She is our princess.
    Had very long labour , but not scary experience friends,so read on. :)

I started getting contractions from feb 5,coming every 20 minutes but not regular.I walked continously for 1 hour that night.It helped in getting contractions more regular and intense the following day(feb 6),got worser early morning and it was about 10 minutes apart.waited for more closer ones,at abt 6am became closer to 5min.Started to hospital,but after reaching there again it got irregular.Still they checked baby hb and my contractions.
    The worse is the internal examination(I still dread it more than labour contractions),was only 2.5cm dilated,so sent me home.Back home tried walking,having pineapple etc etc to make it stronger,but still it continued to be 10min apart.Wait on.... the real intensity I got to know that night itself(1am).It was then 3-5min apart,headed straight to hospital,again I was disappointed to hear only 4cm dilated,but they admitted me to monitor.
    I kept walking there too,but was too tired.Contractions was intense and asked me about pain medications, I opted for gas and air.
    Doctor broke my waters at 11am and by 1pm I was feeling the urge to push. Gas and air really helped me breathe through the intense contractions.I was too tired and exhausted because of the long labour time period,so I had to push many times before she crowned and our princess made the grand entry at 4:50pm.Before even cutting the cord she was placed on my chest. Magical moment It was!!!!! From that moment on I cant keep my eyes off her.
    I did had a bad tear but still her warmth and cuddliness healing my wounds faster than I ever thought.
    One quick note to all waiting to deliver. Do keep yourself well hydrated and take enough rest for the D-day.I was too exhausted during delivery as I was sleep deprived for weeks before delivery.Take care dears and have a wonderful delivery experience

8 people like this.
  6. Bestmom

Bestmom Silver IL'ite

Congrats purple,ashwini and priya..
    get well soon to all new mommies..even I wonder how girls
    are strong to undergo labour pain as I can't forget my labour
    pain during my first pregnancy..thankfully I had c-sec which was
    very easy n simple..
    And am happy to inform that am getting back on track with breast feeding..
    only thing I badly miss is my long night sleep, waiting for the lil champ to grow soon..

Anitha, if u r planning for c-sec,go for permanent family planning immediately..
    if it's normal..take some time to recover urself n then go for it..

Regards,
    bestmom

3 people like this.
  7. AnithaPartha

Hello Ladies,

Have a quick question... Did anyone use Lansinoh Soothies Gel Pads and found it helpful? Please give me suggestions.

8. ashwinid01

ashwinid01 Gold IL'ite

Hi Shruthi,

I really dont know how it happened and what helped.. I walked 3 kms everyday for 4 days before my delivery. Till 7 months of pregnancy i cycled and walked a lot. But later due cold weather stopped it. But one thing which i think might have helped is me sitting on floor as many times as possible, atleast compulsarily for all my meals.. Sometimes i did follow and do Lara Dutta yoga for pregnant women. I wish you a safe delivery.. :)

Other Mommies,
    how r u all doing?? How r LOs. How is breast feeding going on?
    My milk flow is quite much so may be because of that LO latches only for 10 mins. I worry cos of that, but my midwife says its fine... I want to feed him 20 mins but he doesn't go that long :(. His weight gain,poop and pee is all in order.

Anitha,

Do you mean Breast pads?? If so am using it and find it good.

1 person likes this.
  9. AnithaPartha

Ashwini,

Is cycling safe during pregnancy? Uhmm, breasts pads are different from gel pads. B pads are disposable ones where as gel pads(which am talking about) are re-usable and good until 72 hrs which also provides moisture feeling for nipples. After gel pad usage, then we can start using regular b pads (disposable ones).

http://www.amazon.com/Lansinoh-6500...d=1392657013&sr=1-8&keywords=breasts+gel+pads

Shruti,
    If you're planning to do yoga, you've to be extra careful in doing yoga postures. In my opinion, I feel walking is best when compared to other risky exercises.

10. suganvijay

suganvijay Platinum IL'ite

Congrats ashwini, Prius and purple :) so happy for you all! :)
    happy parenting! :)

1 person likes this.