1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Poojas/slokas for the child who is not speaking

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by Brindha84, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Brindha84

Brindha84 New IL'ite

My daughter is 3 yrs and 3 months old. She is using single words right now. She is not using sentences. I am worried. Any poojas/ slokas for the child who is not speaking? Thanks.

2. ramyav_cse

ramyav_cse Gold IL'ite

I have the same problem...my son is 2 yrs 8 months old and he doesnt speak clear sentences now either. He says juz a few words and even those are not v.clear. He sometimes speaks some small sentences which are not clear either. All the more, he seems a bit confused between languages. We are pretty firm on speaking our mother tongue at home but is this a reason for his speech delay? Im wondering if I should talk to his doctor about speech therapy. My instinct wants me to wait till his 3rd bday to see if it gets better...

3. Merlyn11

Merlyn11 Bronze IL'ite

Ramyav_cse,

In my opinion talk with doctor dear..Don't wait thinking he gets improve ..There is nothing wrong in getting some help..If you have help me program in your area you don't even need to pay anything..Mine is 21months and we contacted them when he was 17 months and still didn't start the actual class..There is long queue to get an appointment and start the process ,so earlier the best..Heard speech therapy works best at younger ages..So don't delay..If you are still concerned give it a try..

Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  4. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Hello OP,

i am am not sure about poojas and slokas. However I hope you have consulted a doctor about this. Early intervention is supposed to help a great deal.

2 people like this.
  5. Amywos

Amywos Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    I recently met a friend whose son did not speak almost until 3. She never bothered much as in USA it takes time with kid being not exposed to so many people etc, but finally when it became a concern, Pediatrician found "fluid" in the kids ears and he was treated for it and within a week he started speaking. He did take some speech therapy to get on par with other kids but the basic problem was because he had fluid in his ears. Easily treatable. This is nothing to do with baby able to hear u. Later I heard 2-3 cases like that where the doctors really did the fluid check quite late which caused some speech delay. Please ask your childs doctor or take second opinion. All the best !

6. Brindha84

Brindha84 New IL'ite

Hi sowmya,

Thank you so much for your message..I will talk to her pediatrician immediately.
    she had early intervention services until 3 yrs but still she is finding it difficult. Anyways, thanks a lot Sowmya.

7. Amywos

Amywos Bronze IL'ite

Good Luck Brindha, I really hope things get better. Make sure her ears are checked for fluids. Keep us posted. Prayers for ur daughter to talk lot very very sooon ..

8. crazymom

crazymom Gold IL'ite

Does she interact with other kids or does she go to daycare or preschool? If yes then talk to pediatrician. I also don't think that slokas/poojas can be helpful with that. Good luck with everything and everything will be fine, stay positive. The more exposure to different language the kids get, the more they learn.

9. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I was told to chant Lalitha Sahasranamam Daily. Prior to chanting, "Mama Kumarasya vakchaturya sidhyartham, Lalitha Sahasranamam parayanam karishyam". Yet to restart Sahasranamam but I'm starting on Thursday, shiva rathiri.
    Fluid in the ears, ear tubes, Months of speech therapy, an autism diagnosis, ABA therapy everything and no results. Then results happened magically one week after I offered my gold bangles to Guruvayurappan in desperation. My son went from nearly non verbal to 100 plus words in less than a week. I couldn't believe it and neither could all his therapists. Now I'm begging to all possible gods to get him to talk in sentences. Have faith. Without mine I would have lost it loooong back.

3 people like this.
  10. Tavishi25

Tavishi25 Gold IL'ite

My daughter is 3.6years old.she also speaks but not clear,few words cannot understand.we thought as we are staying away from our home town and its bcoz of less interactions.first time i am hearing about fluids in hear.will surely check with my doctor.