1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

share your valentine day plans...

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by sheesta, Feb 13, 2014.

1. sheesta

sheesta Bronze IL'ite

Why not share your ideas what are you planning to do on Valentine's day...

Our city has snow emergency, so not sure.
    If possible will plan to go to some restaurant..
    what about you guys...?

2. crouton

crouton New IL'ite

The weather is terrible where I live too.
    I am the planner in our relationship and typically get a lot of joy in making them. This year my resolution is to kick back relax and see what the day unfolds. In other words I am not making plans and I am training myself to have no expectations.
    Sorry to kick off this thread on such an unromantic note :lol:

3. sheesta

sheesta Bronze IL'ite

Thanks or your reply.
    I too dont have much plans due to weather.
    Don't worry few unromantic persons like us can't kick off the thread.
    I am sure there are many romantic lovebirds out there:)gigglingsmiley

4. hmishra

hmishra Platinum IL'ite

No plans here too even thou the weather is very pleasant.. bie1 I kinda find it unnecessary... You can make any day as valentines day :) ha..

1 person likes this.
  5. HasteRaho

HasteRaho Platinum IL'ite

Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
  6. DKI

DKI Platinum IL'ite

I usually prepare an elaborate dinner for my husband and son and we sit down at the formal dining table, and use all the fancy china. Cuisine is usually italian as both love it. I go one step further and make small invitation cards for them - specifically for dress code. Such an elaborate arrangement should not have guests in PJs or shorts!!!!

This year both husband and son have testing going on at their taekwondo school. They won't be back till atleast 9pm - which is too late. So I plan to give them a surprise at breakfast. Since I leave for work while they are both getting ready for work / school, I have these cute cards, and know a shop that sells individual pieces of cake that are absolutely delicious. I plan to arrange them at the dining table without their knowledge and sneak out :)

We don't put too much effort in all these things, but my son loves surprises of any kind (even a small piece of chocolate without him asking for it makes him happy) and I love giving surprises. Lets see how this one rates :) Will certainly update this post after tomorrow

5 people like this.
  7. Sharmilalat

Sharmilalat Senior IL'ite

My hubby always says every day should be like Valentine's day so he is really not into this...but he does gets me roses/chocolates. I used to plan and cook something special on this day early in our married years but after having kids & busy with work, sort of couldn't be bothered about this day.
    but yesterday hubby was telling me he finishes at 3pm and was asking me to meet up, unfortunately I have a meeting which is starting at 330pm & dunno when will it end! So let's see how it goes.
    My daughter is cute. Yesterday she was telling me she is going to call daddy & me from school today. When I asked for the reason she say it's secret blah blah,,well my gal is always bad with surpises as she always gives us a sneak preview of whats going to happen :) so i just played along with her and I shall ensure my hp is not on silent mode & wait for her call!

8. rjfara

rjfara New IL'ite

today our plan will go to adnec hotel for a celebrate valentian's dayyy

Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
  9. jhalli27

jhalli27 Bronze IL'ite

nothing for us as well. my dh and i fought 2 days back.. and i decided to plan something and surprise by just forcing him to come. booked movie tickets night show. thought will do a quick dinner in a non fancy place, as the movie wil start. when told dh to come early, he was like, why on valentines day do these foolish things. told him im not avlbl on weekend (going to meet folks out of town), so just to spend weekend in advance. he figured out that i booked movie tkts... leaving kid with in laws as kid wil slp early... so yea, thats abt it

10. poovai

poovai Platinum IL'ite

My DH is one of those "every day is the same for me" person. I already collected, my gift 2-weeks ago. Today, it will be at home cooked dinner and winter Olympics.

May be, a Tamil movie later this weekend.

1 person likes this.