1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Two month baby sleeping continuously

Discussion in 'Infants' started by deebajegan, Feb 11, 2014.

1. deebajegan

deebajegan New IL'ite

Hi
    My daughter is two month one week old. For the past five days she is sleeping continuously for 6 to 7 hours without having milk. Before this she will woke up for every 3 hrs. If I tried to feed her in the middle she is refusing.is this good sleeping continuously . Because people would say we have feed every two hours. I need help and advice.

thanks

2. Susmithavijay

Susmithavijay Bronze IL'ite

Usually babies tend to take longer naps as they grow. If she is refusing milk, it means she s not hungry. Nothing to panic about it. Just see she gets enough milk counting the whole day. Before she could have done in little amounts. Now she would take in a little higher quantity. That means if she was taking 2 ounces every 3 hrs, now she would take 4 ounces after 6 hr sleep.

3. DKI

DKI Platinum IL'ite

Nothing to worry about. My son started sleeping through the night without night time feedings when he was about the age of your baby. I felt worried and thought I was doing something wrong because he was not feeding and all my friends who had babies around the same time kept talking about it. I also thought it was because I couldn't BF him and he was on a bottle from day 1. But the doctor said that so long as he slept well and did poop properly, there was nothing to worry about.

4. vibhaRam

vibhaRam Junior IL'ite

There is nothing to worry. As long as you have 4-6 wet diapers in a day, you are good. We co sleep. I just bf her when she wants at night,then we both go to sleep.

1 person likes this.
  5. deebajegan

deebajegan New IL'ite

Thank u all for ur timely advice. I'm very much cleared

6. cooks2010

cooks2010 Silver IL'ite

Hi, my baby also sleeps sometimes with a 5-7hr stretch at night, its fine, consider yourself lucky that the baby sleeps in long intervals, you can get some rest. I pray every night that my baby sleeps for at least 5hr at a time :). Sometimes I am really sleep deprived when the baby wakes up every 3hrs.

During the day my baby eats every 2 -3hrs, so I assuming the stomach is filling and there are around 5-6 wet diapers each day.

Enjoy the rest, not to worry if your baby sleeps for 7hrs at night .

Cooks.