Maharashtrian Dishes

Discussion in 'Cuisines of India' started by Vandhana, May 3, 2006.

1. sirishaprasanna

sirishaprasanna New IL'ite

Dear vandana

Thank you for such a quick response.
    I'll follow it.
    thanks
    nice recipe
    bye

2. vmur

vmur Silver IL'ite

Yumm Vada Pav

Dear Vandhana,

Thanks for the recipe for vada pav. I had some pav at home and was bored to make the same old pav bhaji, so tried your vada pav, it was very yummm.. esp with the garlic chutney. I think from now on, it is going to be more vada pav than pav bhaji at my place.

Thanks for sharing the delicious Maratha recipes.

REgards
    Vidya

3. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Glad you liked it.

Dear Vidya,

Am glad you liked it. Hope fully it came close in taste to the ones we get in Amchi Mumbai .

Vandhana

4. sonia

sonia Bronze IL'ite

tasty capsicum besan sabji

Hi Vandana,

I tried ur recipe of capsicum besan sabji today.It was a superhit in my home.I just finished my dinner though I did't want to stop eating:tongue.My hubby also liked subji very much.
    I used to make 2-3 types of dishes wd capsicum.But this is a different and tasty one.

Thanks for sharing ur recipe.

5. Shal

Shal Senior IL'ite

Hey Sonia, me tooo!!!!

Dear Sonia and Vandhana,

I too made the capsicum sabji for lunch today and guess wat happened with my dabba? Well lemme first tell u my husband's.

It seems he went to the cafeteria and was heating up the food and some lady(unknown) complimented on the aroma of the food! Then while he ate it, one other guy said, "that looks yum". My hub was in a hurry so he rushed back to his cube, and his boss(desi) insisted that he take a bite from the food, and of course, he loved it too!!

At my workplace, I had just started to eat it when one of my colleagues, an Afro-american, said he was hungry and didn't feel like eating the usual chinese food available next door to our workplace, I offered him a bite from my food, and to my surprise(or call it disappointment) he ate the whole dabba!! :(

I didnt know whether to be happy that I could help a hungry man or be sad that I had deprived myself some delicious food! All I ended up was with a headache bcz of hunger and it is still lingering in my head.

Sorry to have written sooooooooooo much for a single feedback, but looks like this one's a sure keeper!!

6. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

My Favorite too

Dear Sonia and Shal,

Yes this one is a keeper indeed. So simple to make and the taste is awesome. One of my favorites side for chapatis.

Vandhana

7. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

My favorite too

Dear Vandhana,

Out of plain curiosity, checked out the recipe of the grn peppers that seemed to have attracted so many. Was glad to note that it is also my favorite for the bell pepper preparation. I learnt/discovered this method some years back and didn't realise it is a Maharashtrian dish. It is so easy and quick to prepare and one gets these peppers all over the western world.
    Shal, looks like you need to prepare for two offices next time, not for two persons:))

L, Kamla

8. honeybee

honeybee Gold IL'ite

vada pav.. superb!

Dear Vandana
    Prepared Vada pav y'day.It tasted awesome!:thumbsup We loved it.In fact had a couple of vadas extra.. and hubby polished them off with the garlic chutney.

Thanks a lot and do post more such interesting recipes.

Regards
    Honeybee.

9. anjana

anjana Bronze IL'ite

Dear Vandhana,
    Prepared bell peppers besan subzi. Had them with rotis and they were amazing. Now bell peppers have become a weekly affair and we loved this side dish. Was quick and easy. Thanks a lot Vandhana and hope you are having a great weekend.
    Love,

10. laksn

laksn Senior IL'ite

Hi Vandhana,
    I am looking for a few Maharashtiran recipes..I assume they are Mah! My ex -colleagues used to bring different sorts of vadi curries! I used to love them! and there was some sort of curry made with sprouted moong beans! I have no clue about the names! If you are familiar with these can you please post the recipe?

Thanks,
    L