1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How do I stop getting jealous?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by anika987, Feb 9, 2014.

1. vibha_81

vibha_81 Gold IL'ite

Thank you dear..I should be a little bit matured now as i am out of the teens and twenties which were my extreme immature years:)...Also i think we women have lot of problems/restrictions and still take time out to worry about these things...we should learn from men(not all) about dealing with things like this...they will crib once and stop talking to one another completely or probably won't even notice it in the first place...they have all the fun in the world when it comes to fellow interactions why not us??

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  2. Yahooo

Yahooo Silver IL'ite

She is more immature than I said... She is 6 years older to me but acts very very immature... If I tell her am going to get a bangle or a salwar, the next day she will go n get the same thing tht I told her and will come home n show it to me... N I ll feel happy n tell her it's good... She ll be happy too... I get it a few days later and I go n show her and that's it, she won't even look at my face, won't talk to me for days together... All these have happened a number of times in the past... Am finally fed up with her and have reduced contacts with her...

1 person likes this.
  3. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

OP- I hear you. Sometimes it's hard to believe that you are a trendsetter. But it happens more often than we think. And as someone else said, it might be all her idea and she might be planning for a long time and it so happened that you came up with the same idea. Anyway, don't feel bad. Help her with other ideas and be a part of party planning. Tell her it was a fun party and am sure she will give you the due credit.
    One of my best friend does the same thing s that uou've mentioned-buying exactly same outfit, same shoes etc. We got pregnant almost same time. For her son's birthday (6 wk after my son's), she planned same theme, I sent her the list of things that I bought and all the info etc. She always wants to go shopping with me and I kind of feel flattered, not jealous. My husband usually makes fun that if I buy something I should let my friend know so she doesn't have trouble finding it later.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
    2 people like this.
  4. oysterzzz

oysterzzz Gold IL'ite

Well whatever it is......Whenever I think too much about someone i remember one saying - "There are millions living in this world and are you going to spoil your day because of just one person out of millions?"

And as soon as i remember this, i just forget about this person. be it my sil or friend or whoever. :)

1 person likes this.
  5. Yahooo

Yahooo Silver IL'ite

Haha... My day wasn't spoilt a bit... Infact she made it extra special by not attending it... If she n her parents were there, then I should have seen long faces all around the party hall... As I said, I no more care about her...

1 person likes this.
  6. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

Oh Gosh, sorry to be rude, but you girls sound so in teens.......rather like more ILites said, you should feel proud to be trend setter.......even better boast off the photos in FB or where-ever you like to be the first to have ideas and then when some one sees/follows those eventually you have the patent (date on photos.....ha...ha...).
    One more thing you can do to avoid piracy....show the photos to your friends and tell her that it was a hit at your place ans she should also follow these.....believe me honey, she will never copy you.......and if she does, she won't boast that these are her ideas.......and grow up girls........

3 people like this.
  7. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Who got married first? You or she?

8. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

Get over it ladies!! It's not like they copied from you in an exam and they got more marks or anything like that!

It's a birthday party!! You had a Thomas train theme and so did your friend/SIL/Co-sis on the other side of the world. What is the big deal about this?!!

3 people like this.
  9. Yahooo

Yahooo Silver IL'ite

Rihana, I got married first... Tht was the time we saw their true colors and came to know they were soo bad... Tht girls mom very often used to call my mom n say tht she always gets dreams that X(me) got married n she will tell that I am sure X will get married before Y(her elder daughter) n Z(her younger daughter)... We never bothered much... Then when my wedding was fixed, she created a big fight asking my parents how could they get me married before her daughters... WTH, we are just friends... What's wrong if I get married first... We thought they would be happy but we were wrong... Then they didn't talk to us for a year after my wedding... After my wedding when I was waiting to get my visa, these people went around spreading rumours tht guys in US are cheats and tht my husband is one such cheat and he is not going to take me with him...

You might be wondering if they are so bad why even now we are in touch with them... It's just for my dad... He doesn't like cutting off contacts with anybody, he never takes anything to his heart, he agrees they behaved very badly at the time of my marriage ur he says they were worried n tensed about their daughters and thst made them behave like that... I can't hurt my dad, so still have contact with them but only to a minimum extent...

More than anything it's their attitude that hurts me the most... Anyways, I have vented out everything... :) thank you.. :)

Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
    2 people like this.
  10. oysterzzz

oysterzzz Gold IL'ite

Dear, you seriously need to cut them off. They are not friends. Friends would never behave like that.

2 people like this.