1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

It happens only at In-laws's house

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by coolpinky, Mar 6, 2013.

1. oysterzzz

oysterzzz Gold IL'ite

how nice n intelligent......

1 person likes this.
  2. chillbreeze

chillbreeze Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Ishika..ignoring is the correct way to deal with such people I think.

I got a dress for myself last week from a brand store. Mil asked me where I got and I said the name. She doesn't know about brands or fashion and started telling me why couldn't I have gone to XX or YY. They are the biggest shops in city and have lots of collection. Over the last year, I have subtly let them know about my preferences but to my ils only those two shops exist. I like unique designs and less crowd while shopping.

I got a light weight silk saree for about 6k during diwali and she commented oh, I thought it will be around 1 or 1.5k. It doesn't look like silk. I don't wear sarees much and especially heavy weight ones at that that. And, all I keep doing is ignore:coffee

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
    3 people like this.
  3. gurpreetsingh

gurpreetsingh Gold IL'ite

It happpens only at my house
    sil and her dh both work in US and ask us to give 90 Lakhs for buying a luxry villa as they are not well settled in life ( we work in india like donkeys and dont own anything at all).. And pils compelling us to get loan and give the amount 90 L .. It will not happen at all ils house. This great thing will just happen in my house ...
    From the day I got pregnant , every 15 days my mil has a reason to raise some or other issue . I guess I am struck with some monsters

4. DGcreative

DGcreative Platinum IL'ite

I agree GS...take hold of your finances before your H falls for some emotional drama.

5. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Seriously????
    Does your Sil have any shame?
    Tell your husband he is going to be a dad and should start thinking about his wife and child now.Also let him know that after you take a loan ,you will not be able to take a loan for buying anything for yourself .Let him know he should be ready to pay off the entire loan on his own because now you have to think like a mother even if he doesn't think like a father. Put your foot down.

Again...shame on your MIL and SIL.

3 people like this.
  6. CoolPie

CoolPie Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    This one is about my fil. Here it goes.
    we have a pet dog in our house who is now 5 yrs old. Some 3 yrs before this happened.

My fil is a good person basically, except that he supports his wife blindly. Another problem with him is that for small things that he acheives he ll talk like he has acheived something big. also he talks like he knows everything but doesnt know anything when compared to others. He is in a good profile job and every morning before he leaves to his office, he sits in the last step of the staircase where he wears his socks and shoes before he starts.

While he wears his socks, our pet doggy will come and pull the socks in the opposite direction with his mouth, which is totally entertaining to watch. My fil will feel very happy and keep laughing and laughing (that the sound fills the entire room) that the dog is pulling the socks from him (also secretly admiring that the dog doesn't want him to go). My mil stands nearby and watches this too.

One fateful day, this doggy as usual pulled his socks that he was trying to wear. My fil was all in loud laughter and playing with the dog happily, finally drove in his car for nearly half an hour to his office. When he parked the car and kept his foot down outside, he realised that he was wearing only socks and forgot to wear the shoes. Hahahaha.

He must have really felt bad and before his
    sub-ordinates could see him (or anyone in the office would spot him) he drove all the way back home for another half an hour. My mil was surprised to see him return in one hour and asked the reason. Our pet dog went running to greet him. My fil told mil that he forgot to wear the shoes for which my mil shouted at him. Hahaha....

then he wore his shoes and again drove for half an hour back to his work. When I was at my work, I called my husband and he told me this incident. Thank god, I laughed for almost 5 mins and then continued my work. If I had been home, imagine, how difficult it would be for me to hide so much laughter.

In the evening when my mil told this with a slight laughter, I smiled at her, came out of the room and again had a hearty laugh. She was a bit angry too on him.

My fil felt shy that he wouldn't look in to anyone directly and speak for the next 2 days.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  7. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Does he offer on-line "How to bowl your wife over" courses?? Please say he does...

2 people like this.
  8. generic

generic Gold IL'ite

Shameless people !!!:( Make it clear to ur hubby that u will not sign any loan documents and neither should he...U both have an additional responsibility of bringing up a kid...Will SIL and her husband sponsor ur childcare expenses?:(

3 people like this.
  9. soulful

soulful Platinum IL'ite

NOT only like a mother, but like a mother AND father, since she will have to fulfill his responsibilities too

P.S. How about some shame on SIL's husband? Isn't he man enough to earn and buy a luxury villa for his wife?

10. gurpreetsingh

gurpreetsingh Gold IL'ite

They ve loads and loads of money .. Though they ve so many savings , ancestral propereties from guy's side , investments etc, My mil still says that her daughter is not settled in life and she wants us to buy one .. They have promised that guy before marriage that they ll give a flat itseems .. so we need to give itseems..
    What nonsense.. we told no.. but they r not leaving .. Day before yest night I could not sleep at all thinking of how to escape..
    I never thought such shameless people exists in the world who wants to live ( luxurious life) in other's people's earnings .. So ultimate message from mil seems to be ..
    " both of u work like donkeys and give the money to my daughter"
    For some moms ,
    Daughters should be queen while dil, son needs to life life of dogs ..
    I will never forgive them for giving so many headaches during my precious preg time..I dont understand why some mils are soooooooooooooooo biased ..
    Anyways this whole drama is going to spoil relationship between my hubby and his sis itself.. I want to keep a board in front of my house
    'BE CAREFUL OF SIBLINGS'

When it comes to money matters , siblings can turn enemies