1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

need serious buddies to lose weight permanently- nearly 10 to 15 kgs.

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by floralbliss, Mar 7, 2013.

1. attitudegirl

attitudegirl Platinum IL'ite

My phone is still logged in with old id.. laugh1smiley

3 people like this.
  2. vibha_81

vibha_81 Gold IL'ite

AG...it is not your laptop problem...i think there is something going on with the web site...today is the first time this week i was able to login everytime and the site did not throw a PAge not available at me!!

1 person likes this.
  3. hmishra

hmishra Platinum IL'ite

True.. IL had some issues..

4. shree29

shree29 Silver IL'ite

Server Was Down From Night Of 3Rd Feb...

5. Minara

Minara Platinum IL'ite

shree, my dear.. i have pcos too.. i have multiple cysts in both my ovaries.. and it has been so since i was in my teens.. even when i was in the 60 kg, i never got my periods unless i took progesterone tabs.. heck, i sometimes would wonder if my body realized i was a girl or not.. i hated my body to the ends of the world...

wondering about how i put on weight despite barely eating used to get me depressed too.. seeing other girls who ate everything unhealthy and still was skinny had me jealous and depressed.. but i'm glad i'm over that phase in life..

one thing i do now is that i make changes into my lifestyle that i want to continue for the rest of my life.. i don't do a complete about turn in my diet just to lose weight.. i don't do crazy exercises that i won't do in the future.. make small small changes in your life that you will continue for the rest of your life.. and that helps keep me happier and stick to the routine in a long term basis.. i love sweets.. i have reduced it to a small treat once a week.. either one small piece of chocolate.. or an ice cream cone.. and work it out..

as far as food is concerned, i did a lot of research and lots of trial and error to get into a routine that works.. past few months i was just trying and trying and my weight would yo-yo up and down.. and i think i've come up to a comfortable setting now.. i eat regular foods.. a plan that works for others need not necessarily work for us.. the trial and error period takes ages, but stick to it.. it can be frustrating, but you'll get it eventually..

as far as exercise goes, well, jillian michaels is someone who suffered with pcos during her younger years.. i would suggest you subscribe to her daily newsletters.. it'll help give you an idea about both, food and exercises... start slow and slowly increase the intensity of your exercises over the weeks..

and shree, i know.. pcos is not something that we're comfortable talking about.. it's never easy.. and so when people lay out their troubles on us, we listen in silence cos we can't unload our worries on anyone else.. it's just not what we talk about..

as far as other people (relatives and friends) sees us, we're the lazy person who's let horror happen to our body.. only we know our own troubles..

but.. the best part about this whole group here is that.. well, i talk pretty openly about my pcos here.. hmishra has gone through so much trouble to research and read up on the kinds of foods that those with pcos should avoid.. i'd say go back around 100 pages, you'll find it.. super long posts about food.. i don't think it's hard to find..

and if you want to talk privately about any other troubles you go through from pcos, feel free to send me a private message..

tight hugs to you..

3 people like this.
  6. Minara

Minara Platinum IL'ite

thursday update

was fasting, no exercises.. and diet wasn't that great since dinner was out..
    i plan to pick it up today..

7. shree29

shree29 Silver IL'ite

Thanks a ton Minara... Thats so very true we cant even discuss it with anyone.. the only person who i discuss everything in world is my mom.. but when it comes to my health she becomes so tensed that i start worrying about her after discussing with her.. so i generally keep it to myself..

i follow a very good pcos diet which has been prescribed by my doc.. its almost the same as you people have discussed earlier..

one thing i got to know when researching on pcos is that 80% get it thru genetics and 20% due to lifestyle... but only way out is to keep a healthy lifestyle and be extremely committed to that lifestyle...

you know how it feels when there is no result after doing so much hard work.. Thats the reason why i was depressed... now i'm ok... Definitely i'll ping you personally if i need to know more... :)

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  8. shree29

shree29 Silver IL'ite

Today's update:

workout : 8kms brisk walk (outdoor)
    diet:***

9. SGA

SGA IL Hall of Fame

Not Eating/ Eating Less is not the solution for PCOS ... Like you, even i was confused what wrong i was doing before i replace my food with PCOs friendly stuff

Do Google n see food items that are good for PCOS ... Dont go for weight loss diets but search what is good n Bad for PCOS.......

Reduce your stress as much as you can ..... stress is major reason y we dont reduce weight with PCOS ......

1 person likes this.
  10. shree29

shree29 Silver IL'ite

hello SGA thank you for your concern... i follow a good healthy diet from past one month though.. its been ages since i fasted i never skip any meals that was purely out of frustration... yes it takes a bit of research to get to know pcos friendly food and i've started listing...

as you told from past 4 months i'm keeping as much stress away as possible i completely agree that stress is a major contributor....

2 people like this.