1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Please help- DH's past affair

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Vgpss, Jan 31, 2014.

1. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

You are being so naive , OP!

I agree to what sandhya says.Be alert and wake up!

2. pm86

pm86 Silver IL'ite

Telling your parents doesnot help. Telling your Husband parents, his colleagues, friends and relatives and most importantly that lady's Husband atleast will show some result. This is the most unfortunate situation happened and I know the pain. Please try to forget everything and move on. Be strong and independent.

3. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Vgpss,

You so desperately wish these problems didn't exist in your marriage that you are willing to do anything and tolerate anything to make it seem like that. That would be the reaction of many of us. Nothing wrong. Human nature. But, try to think about what the responses here are saying also.

Somebody who knows you and your DH needs to be told about this. It could be one parent, one friend, one relative, one colleague. If not, what 1Sandhya has described in #53 could very well happen, if not now, a few years later.

What has happened to you is not fair, and it is sad that for no fault of yours, you are having to go through this. They say that into every life some rain must fall. This is perhaps your share of that rain. Once you come through this, you will be the stronger for having done so.

4. Radhai

Radhai Platinum IL'ite

Somehow in all this struggle to set straight your life, you are unwittingly assuming the role of an accomplice/enabler by keeping the other woman's husband unaware. Why you do that is understandable yet unsettling.

5. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

It took me nearly 5 years to control my marriage life. For none of my faults, I had faced almost all the physical, emotional and financial sufferings ever since my marriage. But today, I am happy to say that mt marriage is full of rosy as the way I dreamed before and I am still unable to believe that everything is fine around me. I am still unable to come out of my defensive mode to relaxedly enjoy this life. I guess it's a transition time for me.

Having said that, OP I advice you to NOT to lose hope in this life, since you seem to be desperately wanting be in this marriage, no matter what.

Please accept that you have a problem in this marriage. Every marriage has it's own set of problems, and they say some rain must fall into every lives, and probably it is your rainy season. That's it. Good, that you have almost faced the tough rain at the very beginning of your marriage, so be sure that the rest of your life is gonna be smooth as you want. God is there!

Your husband and his statements are not convincing. There is something that he is purposely hiding or you chose to NOT to reveal it in public.

He has cheated on you, and continued his EMA (be it emotional or Physical) even after his marriage. He had no guilt for that, and that's the reason he has forced this friendship to you. Probably, he would have thought of balancing both the relationship by hiding it behind your "family friendship".
    Unfortunately, he's got caught, and what is he doing is merely an escapism.

I dont buy the other woman's life story as well. Her husband's EMA, her 10 years of no-sex life, and everything else. She too have no guilt to mingle with you and also with her own family just like nothing has happened.

Such people (your husband and that woman) would go any miles without any shame. So, better be vigilant now, and take appropriate remedies to stop all this NOW. Else, the only available solution is DIVORCE.

It is not IMPOSSIBLE to change a person with LOVE. But it takes time and patience to work for it. If you think that your marriage is worth for such long patience, and you are personally capable of doing so, then I would advice you to go ahead. Else, the world is so open for a young independent woman like you. Pls understand that no one is gonna blame you for your husband's mistakes.

As for now, inform your parents about his EMA (Again, it depends on how caring, understanding and good souls they are - You decide better).
    Bring him home for an open talk with them. So, everyone understands what's going on, and what is needed to solve this issue.

Do not tell everyone else about this.

Meet the other woman, and tell her that you are aware about their affair. Warn her mind her limitations, and not to damage your lives any further.
    Also warn her about revealing this affair to her husband, kids and colleagues with evidence if she doesn't obey your words in this regard.

Ask her to cut off all the ties with your husband.. that includes her normal friendship and colleagues type of relationships too.
    Ask the same to your husband.

Better you move back to your husband's place with kid. Ask him to find another employment somewhere else.
    Forget about all the risks of losing a career, pension, stable job,EMI and all. Its still worth to win a marriage, so take the risk.

If your husband is genuine, and he really wants to prove him right, he must take this risk too.

Forgiving him shows how big your heart is. But don't show us as how dumb your brain by forgetting his faults. Always be vigilant about his activities with this woman, and other women too.

He must corporate with you since he has done an unforgivable mistake in this marriage.

Do not tell him that you stay in this marriage because of his child. Some men would take it as a notice for sticking in a sulking marriage no matter what. So, tell him that you chose to remain married since you loved him, and decided to trust him once more. But the trust can be broken anytime if your heart founds any more secrets from him, thus it might turn the love/life to anywhere. So, ask him to be trust worthy hereafter.

Remember, there are many men (that includes my close family circle) those had a bitter past, and an ugliest EMA soon after their marriage, but after getting caught they chose to remain married with their wives; hence listened to their wives to make her trust them again.
    It all up to both the couples to work on their marriage.
    The man (the one with mistakes) to learn from it and adjust with his wives demands (its always difficult to cope with a person whose trust is once broken)
    The woman to stay strong, continue to be vigilant, and also to be a warmest loving person.

Life will change, as everything that is to be changed, will change with time. Stay focused.

6. Vgpss

Vgpss Senior IL'ite

@SGBV
    Thanks for those kind words.. That was really very comforting..

After all the arguments, discussions and abuses in the past few days, he now finally is ready to open up each and very details of his affair with her.. He is not good at writing so he is willing to accept everything in a skype call..

can I take this as a positive sign from him ??

Please friends advice some of the pointers for me to be followed in this call..
    I already have so many questions for him to answer which I will make a note..
    I have also asked him to call the lady and talk to her that it's all ended and also want to hear from her that it is all ended.. I have asked him to record the call without letting her know and forward it to me..

I really want to try this final effort to save the marriage,,

I have clearly told him that I will not live with him for the sake of kid and all, I am independent and I didn't lose my job still as I am still in maternity leave loss of pay..

Expecting valuable pointers from you friends for this final effort.. Sincerely Thank you all for guiding me..

1 person likes this.
  7. Vgpss

Vgpss Senior IL'ite

I have demanded him to confess everything in front of his parents.. Not my parents because I don't want to see them suffer for forcing me into this marriage.. I have asked him to take a week leave and come here for the sake of our marriage.. And I am not going to leave the job and go back to him until he changes job or her family moves away..

1 person likes this.
  8. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Vgpss...good move .Make sure he does these two things....don't let him talk you out of this. If he is able to do this,it is a positive sign.

9. NamasteIndia

NamasteIndia New IL'ite

Please inform your parents as well. In case he repeats the same behaviour five years down the line, whom will you turn to then? Your parents should be aware of what is happening in their daughter's life. Your parents can also advice your husband on the future course of action he will need to take. Keep them in the loop. This is very important.

2 people like this.
  10. Vgpss

Vgpss Senior IL'ite

Finally I am confident that I sent the below email to him.. I am ready to face the real world,, it's all in his hands now to make me trust him in this relationship

"I will not live with you for the sake of our kid unless you be honest to me and sincerely commit to have a relationship with me.

It's is better to be alone instead of staying sick all the life

Contact with her should be 100 percent cut off in all the means,, be it with her or her husband,, cannot accept the lies that you will forget everything and stay together..

Just tell from your heart..
    I just read one of your chats and I live far away from you here in India still I am not able to forget anything and the chat runs in my mind all the time,, you both had much more intimacy than I could imagine.
    And still You are telling that you will work in the same office without any thoughts of the past..
    Don't think I am dumb stupid to believe that..

I am not the same stupid wife you had days ago. Now I have realised myself, you, each and everything,, how I have been a dumb fool all these days,, I cannot forgive myself for being such a fool..
    I am a complete stranger now..

Don't bug that I am abusing your parents and brother..

( today we had a chat, in that he was complaining that I am not respecting his parents and brother. His brother committed a shameless act which I feel ashamed of telling here )
    It is all in your hands now to make me commit to you and have you in my life..
    First make sure whether you are there in my life and then you can worry about me respecting your parents and brother..

I may sound harsh.. But that is the truth.. I am all feD up.. I cannot commit by trusting your promises without any solid action from you..

This is the actual phase of the revelation of the affair.

Al these months were just fake.. Cheating myself and cheating everyone.. I feel very ashamed of myself for being such a dumb.. "

11 people like this.