Were you able to leave this 'burning' lifestyle after migrating to West ?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by darmesh, Jan 14, 2014.

1. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

Very interesting information !

In between, 'Daal baati' is a Rajasthani recipe, in which many dal items are cooked together and a ball of chapathi is dipped into it and eaten , right ?

2. CrayoNess

CrayoNess Platinum IL'ite

I love indian food as most of western people. But on the other hand I also love mexican food, japanese food, french food, italian food. And I admit that sometimes I get frustrated with my dear indian friends. :hide:

Sitting in a restaurant devoring delicately fried rheindeer filee with forest mushroom sauce and they are complaining about the lack of spices. Enjoying fantastic pasta with gorgonzola and small hint of garlic and they are complaining about the lack of spices. Getting wild salmon delicately poached with herbs and a lovely buttery sauce with spring vegetables - and they are complaining about the lack of spices ...

1 person likes this.
  3. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

Yes Dharmesh...you are right. But there is various way to prepare and eat.

4. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Ok the answer is I have mellowed it down, but I cannot live without them.for one the flavor and taste and another the benefits!!!! Garlic jeera pepper rasam I can have it everyday in this messed up winter...

Who said chillies are bad..please read about it, no wonder Mexicans have huge variety of those...

to me Indian food is a great combination of all the good stuff... I cannot sleep without an Indian meal in a day.

6 people like this.
  5. honeycomb

honeycomb New IL'ite

I love food, bland to really spicy stuff and from all over the world. Migrating to west has actually widened the types of food I enjoy rather than restricting it. At home we predominantly make Indian food as I can only cook Indian food properly.

1 person likes this.
  6. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

Yes ! Garlic jeera pepper rasam with desi-ghee tadka in it is a nice recipe for winter !yumsmiley

7. dblakshmi

dblakshmi Junior IL'ite

To me, I can eat various cuisines and wide varieties in Indian cuisines, still come back to my soul food rasam and rice. I have done fusion cooking infusing Indian spices in bread making, pasta sauces.. Migrating to west has had no influence on my taste buds. Our spice box has all the health benefits. Use it right and wise.

3 people like this.
  8. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

When you eat the 'bland' food, as in Western cuisine, do you really relish it ?

9. honeycomb

honeycomb New IL'ite

Yes, I do relish it, there are lots of lovely bland western food around. I can give you a big long list of my favourite western food if you want.

10. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

Ya. Go ahead !:)