Nausea and Vomitting during pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by simi, Jun 13, 2005.

1. ampu

ampu New IL'ite

Re: Vomtings for Milk

Hello Lavanya,

Thank you for the brief description. It relieved me from my tension.Going to consult doctor too.I had no other signs of discomfort after that so looks like its because of sudden vomiting. Will surely take care of food by reducing spicy and oily once.

I have been trying all other milk products...yogurt and cheese is fine with me so I feel its ok.

Thank you once again for the message Computer Typing

-AMPU

2. arien78

arien78 New IL'ite

hello,

hi all.....

hey guys...I am 9 weeks pregnant and i cannot just eat roti at all....it just doesnt seem to go down....i feel i ll vomit....would be gr8 if some one can suggest me some alternatives....oh yeh...and i am not able to eat dalia or even couscous...the only thing goin down me is bread and junk food...and im really beginning to get worried that this will harm me as well as the growth of the baby....also i am not able to drink water ...i must add nimbu to it and then its possible...does anyone know if its ok to drink so much of nimbu daily???? ...being in germany its like a real mess...the docs dont understand u and ur indian fooding habits....Witsend

please help...

3. daisydee

daisydee New IL'ite

Re: hello,

Hello Arien,

Don't worry! I am also in the same boat. I am otherwise a very health conscious person. But from the time I've got pregnant, my appetite has gone for a toss! I feel nauseated by the very thought of food. Its not that I didn't try eating but the problem is if I eat something forcibly, I end up throwing up and feel all the more tired.

I know it is very natural to get tensed about the baby's health. But right now, just eat whatever you feel like in small quantities. Don't starve. You will feel all the more sick otherwise. Have something in between. Make sure that whatever you eat does not include MSG, cold-cuts and un-pastuerised stuff. Also certain type of cheese should not be consumed during pregnancy like I think blue-cheese, goat cheese etc. You can check the Internet for this.

Try having fruits( except papaya, pineapple), soups or actually at this point whatever you can eat. Don't worry. You can make up for all this during the last six months. I have heard that you normally start feeling better from the 14th - 17th week.

I can very well understand your state. I kept feeling the same all this while. I am in my 13th week now. I am actually sick of feeling sick now and waiting for the time that I will start feeling good. Everybody keeps asking me what I crave for right now, but my answer is "Please don't talk about food".

Have your vitamins on time. Drink a lot of fluids and sleep well. Hope things will get better for both of us soon.

And yes... I feel a little better when I have nimbu ka achar i.e lime pickle. So I think you feel the same too when you have nimbu paani.

Take care,
    Daisy

4. arien78

arien78 New IL'ite

Re: hello,

Hi Daisy,

Thanks a heap for the suggestions....i am trying my level best to follow all this...hopefully i ll live thru this...my main problem is i have never really been a health conscious person...my mom happened to have had a terrible time during my time and she was the whole 9months badly sick due to which physically im a very weak person and never really cared to better that and now its all showing up what major mistake i had done so it kind of freaks me out. More since i have had 2 miscarriages in the last 2 yrs. and now when the docs keep telling me its normal i dont really feel at rest coz nausea and smell problem i can understand but not being able to walk around makes me think whats gonna happen in the coming months when the baby will grow and weight will be put on.....

btw...are u also facing breathlessness and total fatigued out in ur legs??? i cannot walk at all...i feel i ll fall down n my lower abdomen starts aching.....my doc says i should rest which is resulting in shooting pains in my lower back exactly in the spine...yesterday it was so bad that i was on ther verge of tears!!!....i can neither sit for long nor walk...been 2 months now that im like house arrest....:(

and hey...i wish u the very best too and will pray tightly that after a week u ll be relieved of these first trimester prbs and can actually start enjoying ur pregnancy...:)

Last edited: May 20, 2008
  5. Amicable

Amicable Senior IL'ite

Morning sickness in the eighth month

Hi frinds..

I think I got first trimester symptoms back in the eighth month of the pregnancy.

1. I throw up last night.
    2. From the last few nights I couldn't sleep.
    3. I feel nauseous sometime.
    4. My heartburn is back.
    5. I feel out of breath sometime.
    6. Legs got camps.

Are these normal symptoms in the eighth month of pregnancy? I am drinking lots of water, cold milk and also having tums, but seems like nothing is working this time.

Regards

6. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

Re: Morning sickness in the eighth month

Pretty normal pregnancy symptoms Amicable. My doc explained that the grwoing uterus is pushing all the organs to the side and squishing them. Hence, you can expect to get nausea, shortness of breath, heartburn and vomitting.

Lack of sleep is caused by the growing pressure of the uterus too. I told my doc I get up every 4 hours, she told me I was lucky cause most women wake up every 2-3 hours! Only thing to try is putting a pillow between your legs and also try sleeping on your left side.

For leg cramps, make sure and take a walk after dinner to help improve circulation. Also, take a calcium and magnesium supplement and also get hubby to massage your legs before you go to sleep. For me, it's the calcium/magensium supplement that has made the biggest difference.

Pooja

7. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

HI frnd

DOnt worry its common... i faced this problem when i was carrying... no worries...

take care...

8. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

HI frnd

DOnt worry its common... i faced this problem when i was carrying... no worries...

take care...

9. ampu

ampu New IL'ite

Hi Amicable,

I looks like its common that Morning sickness will return back in third trimister. I was having severe nausea and vomtings in first trimister but second trim was ok....was enjoying all type of foods too. But from last two weeks once I entered my 8th month my vomtings are back ofcourse as of now not so severe as first trim.

Today I had my doctor appointment a general checkup and they said I lost 1 pound weight in two weeks where as I am suppose to gain. I lost weight even in first trimister , looks like its because of nausea.

My doctor gave some blood test to check everything is ok. But she said its common that few will have it back in third trimister.

In your next appointment do check with your doctor and inform your nausea surely.We are all most at the end so dont worry everything shall go well.Take good care.

Wish you good luck. By the way how about your gluocose test ? Hope you are taking care of the diet.

-ampu

10. Amicable

Amicable Senior IL'ite

Hi Ampu...

Thank you for assuring me thats its common. You are right so far morning sickness not as extreme as it was in the first trimester. After 4th month my energy level started going up and I was enjoying all type of food. So I want to enjoy the rest of the period too. Hopefully, I won't be that sick again. Because sickness irritate me alot.

About my GD test, I failed the one hour test. So next friday going back again for three hours GD test. I have to be 12 hours empty stomach before they start test on me. I havn't lost any weight. My eating pattern is not effected so far. But sleeping has changed from past few days, can't sleep at night and feel shortness of breath more often.

Hope you are doing well too. Take care.