Modern Microwave Cooking

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Apr 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

My dear Varudhini !

Thankyou for the F b.
    Glad to know about your method of cooking brinjals. I prefer to steam, so that oil can be cut down to the minimum.
    Only in the convection mode of MW, you can use metal tins. Not in regular MW mode.
    Love,
    Chithra.

2. vmur

vmur Silver IL'ite

Dear ChitVish,

Wow! Wow! Wow!.. I can only think of this word when I see your wonderful MW bowls collection. I guess you can display a "Golu" of your bowls, so much variety and colors. Almost comparable to a woman's wardrobe, formal, informal, workwear ( or rather workware :)) , ethnic, and it can go on and on. I am amazed at your zeal and enthusiasm. Thanks soo much for displaying your collection and like Kamla suggested, I wish we could take it out of the monitor, atleast gaze and admire it and put it back so it reaches you.

Thanks
    Vidya

3. Chitvish

My dear Vidya !

I wish I were half as much gifted as you with words, frankly !
    I loved the pun on work wear (ware) ! The golu comparison made me laugh, because it is very near the truth !
    But this collection has been made over the years & was possible since we never moved out of Chennai. Infact I have already gifted more than half to my DIL ! They were real "ancient but beautiful" ones in ceramic. Whoever thought of I L then ?
    Thanks for your post, Vidya !
    Love,
    Chithra.

4. anjana

anjana Bronze IL'ite

Not just visit but a long stay Chitra,

Dear Chitra,
    I was planning to stay with you till you throw me out Chitra not just a visit. God willing may be this summer.
    Love,

5. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hai every one,
    there is a sale of all crocery item at the Poppat Jamal at Mount Road. I bought some there, there is a discount of 20% for micro ceramics. I bought one white and one terracota colour with white designs kettles, a large ceramic bowl, a big plate-to make crisp roasts etc. a small bowl, 2 soup cups (big) and 2 tiny cups- for tempering.And also 2 coffee migs all usable in microwave only. I used the large bowl to day to make potato masal for dosai, it was very handy. People in Chennai could pay a visit, there is a large collection to choose from.

6. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithra,
    wow is the word for the collection of ceramics. All look very beautiful and also new. The colours are beautiful. It is very appetising also, when food is served in them. Very lovely collection.
    Is the Cottage Emporium which you mentioned the one at Nandanam or Nungambakkam?

7. Chitvish

My dear Varloo !

On reading your post, I am strongly tempted to visit Poppat Jamal inspite of a large collection ! I do not know if you watch Sunday Samaiyal in Sun T V. All the vessels are from P Jamal & are breathtakingly beautiful.
    I mean the C I E in Nandanam - they have a secton for ceramics.
    Love,
    Chithra.

3 people like this.
  8. sirishaprasanna

sirishaprasanna New IL'ite

Hats Off

Dear chitra madam,
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    I joined IL in december,but this is the first time i'm posting to you.
    you are a gift to this site you know.
    I kept reading many threads whole last month,saw your postings,they are really helpful for youngsters like me...........
    you seem to be very patient, dedicated and sincere,selfless with your work................ you know you are sharing the treasure of recipes with IL,the tips,recipes,your knowledge in every aspect of life is so wonderful that i can't stop myself from appreciating you.......HATS OFF TO YOU MADAM

like varudhini wrote ,
    pls keep non-tamilians in mind while drafting your recipes,i myself is a hyderabadi presently in USA for sometime.
    (what is keerai and mochaiparuppu)
    yeah...you have a very good taste...the collection of vessels is really great..wow
    thanks IL
    its a great pleasure to be part of such a great family

thanks&regards madam:clap

9. Chitvish

My dear Sirishaprasanna!

You made me cry first thing in the morning, my friend.
    Helping and sharing with others, quite a few do - but tell me, how many people bother to pause, appreciate & thank the contributor ? The person who contributes is generally taken for granted.
    I L is an exclusive forum where there is much more goodwill than is normally attributed to women, in general, when it comes to applauding others !!
    Keerai is greens - generally it can be amaranthus leaves, palak etc.
    Please feel free to ask in this column, any equivalent that you do not know. I will definitely post the answer.
    You can be sure that you will always be thankful to God for introducing you to I L - you are now part of the " vasudeva kutumbam".
    Thanks for your endearing mail, Sirisha !
    Love,
    Chithra.

10. sirishaprasanna

sirishaprasanna New IL'ite

Dear chitra madam

Thanks for including me in 'vasudeka kutumbam'
    you deserve all the applauds and appreciation..:clap
    The world is still peaceful because of such humble and honest people like you...
    once again my heartfelt thanks to you madam.

(what is mochai paruppu?)

love
    bye
    sirisha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.