Dear Ladies, how good are you in cooking?

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by chkalyani, Jan 29, 2014.

1. vidyaubba

vidyaubba Senior IL'ite

Hi Kalyani,
    What are the tips you need pls tell me let me try to help you as far as possible.

Vidya Ram

2. chkalyani

chkalyani Gold IL'ite

Thank you Vidya. For instance if I want to make tomato dal (toor dal) or mango dal, it turns out to be bland. So also some of the curries come out bland without the spicy taste. We are pure vegetarians and we don't use too much of garam masala and garlic ginger paste. But we are used to traditional veg items only.

3. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Super BIT of information.:thumbsup

Nothing will.
    No one could be 100% perfect or complete with anything.
    If a woman excels in cooking may lack ability in business/system operating knowledge.This doesn't mean incompleteness.Its her power to prove her in-built talent/s does matters.

Salute to super powered multi-talented women.

Buddy
    Please cool down,even for me,this thought from saiblessings is not acceptable.
    But Lets not hive off the real pleasure of this thread.Right.

Thanks.

1 person likes this.
  4. Rise

Rise Platinum IL'ite

i am not good at cooking, and just do it so should die hungry !!!! my dh taste buds are so made thth he eats anything and taste doesnt matter... i wish i had a gene who bought all the food i orderd !!

2 people like this.
  5. Yashikushi

Hope I can give a suggestion??
    sizzling mustard,roasting onions tomato and chili(dry or fresh/pdr) and then adding dal to it,boiling...if this is the way you follow,make a change

Do not sizzle mustard at the start of cooking.
    Do it as the final touch.
    when the dal boils and incorporate with the rest,heat very little ghee/oil (ghee will give you excellent extra flavor n taste esp to dal) in a separate pan,sizzle mustard seeds,cumin, 2-3 dried whole red chili(pick the smaller size)curry leaves,add to boiling dal and immediately switch off the flame.
    Garnish with coriander leaves.

Prepare the dal part in advance.You can do the sizzling part a minute before having lunch/dinner.
    Sure you will love the freshness of dal.

Thanks.

6. chkalyani

chkalyani Gold IL'ite

I am sorry Saroj, if my words were serious. Yea, let's enjoy the Forum threads and discussions with a good spirit. Thanks for making me aware of the same.

7. chkalyani

chkalyani Gold IL'ite

Thank you for the simple tips. However, I don't understand why most of the time I end up with the preparation of a bland food and very rarely the recipes come out to be well.

8. vibha_81

vibha_81 Gold IL'ite

Dear kalyani,

Post all the items where you have difficulty and your recipe. That way people can figure out where you may be going wrong otherwise our advices will be like darts in the dark:)

Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
  9. Yashikushi

Kalyani
    Don't get your point-"Bland".Even less of bit salt makes the food savorless.

I too go with Vibha
    One by one,Post the recipes/your procedure of a particular preparation which you feel-less in taste or you want some improvement.
    So might be helpful for the readers to give apt suggestion/tips for enhancing the taste.

By the way friendssmiley for taking my view in right spirit.
    Thanks.

10. chkalyani

chkalyani Gold IL'ite

Thank you Vibha and Saroj.

To start with, let me tell you that I don't the typical spicy taste for fried rice. We don't like to use soy sauce in it. And most of the times it turns out tasteless and seems as if the boiled veggies are just mixed in the cooked rice. I feel disgusting at times in the kitchen. I want to make delicious recipes but when these turn out tasteless, I get frustrated or so to say irritated as well.

Mostly, when I check various recipe blogs and see the pics posted in the blog, I feel how these people are getting so good looking recipes?