1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

It happens only at In-laws's house

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by coolpinky, Mar 6, 2013.

1. bubblygal

bubblygal Platinum IL'ite

Dear CB,
    no need to be sorry !:)I am free mentally from all this in the sense today i dont think i should waste my time in something which is not going to change i have accepted it!I dont want to vent cause when i vent i indirectly expect things to change !I would miss all of you too, but trust me all of us are self made that is the strength of this thread and i would like to thank CP for starting this thread cause you have no clue how you changed my life and to all those lovely ladies who have been with me in my lows and ups!:)I am not so great yaar to guide and all but yeah i know to make people smile would continue doing that cause i just realised that i dint do it for a long time!If someday i start my own set up i would blog and then i would revel my IL identity in it !You would come to know dont ask how ? :)
    Kudos to all of you!

3 people like this.
  2. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

CP, Bubbly..

something have had happend :-(

Dear, really feeling bad, pls dont go.. If circumstances made you both to take that step, pls rethink on it..

3. chillbreeze

chillbreeze Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Yes please, if not for you, for us.

4. helpmeangel

helpmeangel Platinum IL'ite

CP, Bubbygal and all,

Ladies, am aware of a thread in whuch some women are bashing this particular thread. I would say you guys should stick around and fight for your rights rather than quit because of them. This would give them an impression that they are right and some would be all smug about it. Please dont give them that chance.

If they do not like it, let them stay away from this thread. Why read and act all self righteous? This is an independent forum and everybody got rights to write what's on their mind.

Please be strong and stick around. Honestly this is one of the best threads currently in IL.

Keep rocking ladies!!

6 people like this.
  5. nalinidiv

nalinidiv Platinum IL'ite

6. nalinidiv

nalinidiv Platinum IL'ite

CP and BG,
    Please dont leave us and go. You two are so dear to us.

7. silvertulip

silvertulip Platinum IL'ite

Well dear if we will think of making others happy and not being a disturbance, then 1st we should walk out of our homes! Coz nothing will make MILs more happy than the fact that we are not important in DH's life and MIL is the TOP PRIORITY!

So give a damn to what others think, like u did to ur MIL's opinion. Yes, being in touch with frnds whom u got at IL can always happen outside this forum, but u have the right to voice ur opinion and don't bother what others think!

3 people like this.
  8. silvertulip

silvertulip Platinum IL'ite

I agree..wasting time on something which is not going to change is of no use. I have been doing it for past few months, keeping busy with work or something, keeping interactions less with in-laws as I know how living with them is anyways a misery and creating more conflicts with interactions makes life more difficult. I have reduced venting also as it makes me more angry at times just reminding me how my MIL behaved. Now I just ignore her. My MIL will always complain about me no matter what I do, so I don't bother now and just live my life.

1 person likes this.
  9. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Hi Bubblygal,
    Don't leave the forum....just avoid this thread if you don't want to vent.You can always give advise to people who need. I have always enjoyed your vents. They are rather amusing...specially the period calculator ones. Will miss you if you decide to leave. The forum and this thread will be poorer.
    Take care girl.Feel free to come back if and when you want...hugsmiley

10. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Dear Coolpinky.....you are the jaan of this thread. Your vents and your little battles keep this thread interesting. We do celebrate your little victories with you. You won't believe how I am waiting for your TV.I even told my husband and he also wishes you get your TV soon.

The reason you have given for leaving is so defeatist.This is not expected from you girl. People have a right to their opinion like you have a right to yours. This forum belongs to all. Leaving the forum would mean you admit that your venting here was wrong. Don't do it.The best victory is to stick to what you believe is right. I have read so many of your posts and have not found anything objectionable (other than your mil and bil:coffee). Remember ....this is a forum of many people and you can never keep everyone happy.If venting here makes your life easier then you have earned your right to be here and vent.

Hope you will stay and continue to post on this thread.Don't give in so meekly.
    Cheers!

4 people like this.