1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Veg or Non-Veg?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Balajee, May 19, 2008.

1. nokia6681

nokia6681 New IL'ite

hai bala..i read the whole story... i too a rebel in my childhood days that y not to eat non veg on a thursday(our family worship ragavendra) and y it can be eaten on a wednesday(oh...whether gods sleeping on this day) and but now i dont speak anything...

coz if i argue with my mother it is to invoate me....my father she me as a einstein...

but if my argue with my mother in law...it will be...?

my husband looke me like a rebel.....???

what to do...... he he

2. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Balaji,

Seeing the good response to yr blog, i am eating back my non veg words,that there wont be much response to this blog of yrs.

Man u are giving me tough competition.All the ladies have turend their pens to yr blogs, away from me.

Stay away from me, cross the road when u see me coming, ok ? Big Laugh

Regards.kamal

3. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Kamalji, the moral of the story is if your readers can relate your blog to their own experiences, the blog will be popular notwithstanding prophecies of doom.I will certainly cross the road when I see you because you didnt specify that two-legged species are safe from your ravenous hunger for non-veg!

4. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Balajee,

ஸோ, நீர்வாழைகாய் பரவாயில்லை என்று சொல்கிறீர்களா? Big Laugh

I am also a vegetarian. I ususally say while I travel through Saudia Airlines, No meat, no fish and No eggs. Actually we have to order well before for veg. food. they normally supply non - veg. food only. Veg. foods are special and they will supply this as "Asian Special Veg. Food". They will write our name on the box and serve us first.:banana

As somebody said, we have to check each and every thing we buy. And it is very tough to eat out. Many people used to ask us how we are able to eat only veg. daily? And a friend told that animals should eat veg. and we have to eat animals.:idea Good theory no?Big Laugh

I know that to prepare cakes they use eggs. But I heard somewhere that to prepare ice creams also they use eggs? Is it correct? Last week I saw in Dinamalar, they are trying to prepare 'fish ice creams':eek:mg: Then what to do? what to eat?Witsend

Very nice to read your article.:-D Generally I used to stay with in my sub - forum, and to day I took a tour around IL. I come across your article, which is very good. I enjoyed yours very much. Keep posting.:2thumbsup:

5. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Usha, lot of people I know are eggtarians without actually eating egg in its original avtar.They do not go deep into the ingredients of their cakes and pastries. Yet I also know sadistic vegetarians who never tire of reminding a fellow vegetarian just about to eagerly sink his/her teeth into a delectable pastry or cake that it contains egg!.

6. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mr.Balajee,

See i eat two legged too, like the chicken , but u need not fear.No humans for me, and no males to for me.So u are safe in that sense.HAHA.Regards.kamal

7. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Balajee,
    Here I come with my side of this topic...we are pure veg.
    My hubby , is very strict about onion and garlic...for onion---once in a while. i.e., once in a blue moon...
    Gelatin a big no...but can't help it with children around...but they say no, fish, and meat and egg too if it is invisible in the finished product...but for us a big NO..
    DH is hesitant to take the fish oil for his heart...but still finding ways to replace it...

sriniketan

8. pavithrasriram

pavithrasriram Bronze IL'ite

hi balajee,
    good one again!!!
    yes we vegetarians have a problem while going abroad!!!
    i like cakes etc as far as i cannot see it in the finished products. (ofcoz only eggs) no meat or fish stock!!!!
    regards
    pavi;-)

9. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Padmatvt, I never claimed that fish was veg. It is m y Bengali friends who did It is just that I didnt feel any guilt when I ate fish since I was used to fish oil since childhood.

10. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

yes balajee me too you are lucky pal so many are responding never anticipated that grt keep it up...sunkan