Chardham Yatra

Discussion in 'Travel' started by sheela, May 18, 2008.

1. sheela

sheela New IL'ite

Has anyone done Chardham yatra? Any recommendations for a good travel agent in India who can arrage for NRI's -good hotels, custome tour etc.

thanks for any recommendations

2. nabanitapain

nabanitapain Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    Where is this exactly located in India.As I visited many Tirth YAtras in the northern part of India.Which one you are asking for?
    I do know a good travel agent but they are in Kolkata.I used to arrange for tickets and hotels from them only and they can pretty well arrange for NRIs but since they are in Kolkata ,would it work for you.?

3. sheela

sheela New IL'ite

Chardham Yatra is Yamunotri, Gangotri, Kedarnath and Badrinath. The tour usually starts fro Delhi via Hardwar. I would liek to do a custom tour (renting a car) with our dates with good tour guide and accomodations. I am doing some research on travel agents now who can make good arrangements.

Thanks for your reply. If you know someone in either Delhi based or Bangalore based, that would be great. If your agent has an e-mail address, please let me know. I can inquire there too.

4. manjeeta_kaur

manjeeta_kaur New IL'ite

Hi Sheela ,
    I went to Haridwar ,Rishikesh.Since you were asking about the customs tours to the northern regions I guess all these customs tours are arranged either from Haridwar or Rishikesh or Nilkanth.Because once we also tried to arrange for such tours but online it is not available in that sense.
    Once you reach Haridwar or Rishikesh,spend a day or two and arrange for the trip and I am assure you it would not be a problem to go for a custom tour but obcourse it depends upon the weather and the route conditions .
    You can search online but check those whether they are authentic or not before paying.