1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

my MIL

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by hope2b, Jan 12, 2014.

1. hope2b

hope2b Silver IL'ite

Hi Sunshine, you are absolutely right. I have given in for their jealousy and insecurity. Problem is my H has given in too. Anything we do cannot be seen by pils. We never had a fight till our marriage, but since then, never had a peaceful day. H and I, both hate to hurt people. They cannot even see if we sit together, mostly MIL. I have stopped everything. Now it's really hard for me to be normal as this all took so much toll on me that, I had told my H, I wanted to be away from him forever. Cold days have creeped up now for few months. I got pregnant and was sent to my house. On the name of rituals, pils made my parents life miserable. I got really upset and talked about separation to my H. I had a baby but H was not allowed to spend one single day with me alone. Like visitors they would come with H, play with baby and leave. Anyways, short story, now we live together with pils but separated. We have given up. Its decided that if we want to be happy pils will be sad so why take that karma on us? We will be sad, let's see if they are at least then.

2. hope2b

hope2b Silver IL'ite

Hi Angie, fil is all intact. In fact they both enjoy walks, shopping etc. But when her son is back, she leaves him and lives her life happily ever after. Dil is needed for household chores only. BTW, all this while, I was fighting for my H. Now, you would feel poor fil, he must be devastated when his wife is leaving him for son. Wait a minute, god solved his problem. Now fil is after my baby. Except for feeding, sleeping etc, other times fil wants baby with him all the time. Now all of a sudden, I am having to deal with two mils, one the original, second mil turned fil.

3. hope2b

hope2b Silver IL'ite

Totally agree polymorphic. My mil has the ability to change anything I say perfectly opposite that even I can't argue on it.

4. silvertulip

silvertulip Platinum IL'ite

Well my dear MIL is one piece of its kind and feels she is the most intelligent, smart and fashionable lady God ever created and she created other one - my SIL!

We live with inlaws and still my MIL is jealous after 3 yrs of my marriage. We can't go for movies alone, either she will tag FIL alone, or will make us take my SIL and her hubby also saying FIL loves to watch movies and poor SIL is so stuck at her home that her hubby doesn't take her movies! Now, I watch movies in laptop with hubby at night.

Walk - she has to tag along, but now I make her go with FIL, saying go with him, he will feel alone while walking.

Shopping - She and her DD have the right to spend all the money of my DH but I don't have any right to spend even my hard earned money. If DH buys something for his DW, he should be ready to stand in the firing line of MIL!

Solution - Let her spend time with her DS, withdraw from the company of DH and make him sit with his mom and enjoy ur time with urself. This indifference of wife bugs him eventually. And MIL will never let DIL do things her way, so DIL has to take charge of her life and make MIL realize that she is talking to a WALL!