1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Nail Polish Designs - at home?

Discussion in 'Cosmetics & Makeups' started by Venonimiss, May 14, 2008.

1. Venonimiss

Venonimiss Bronze IL'ite

Can we do any of the nail polish designs shown in the "Pretty Nailpolish Designs " thread in this forum? My two year old saw a flower design on one of her friend's toe, now she wants a flower on her toe! My daughter and I sat for a manicure/Pedicure and Nailpolish session on Mother's Day at home and she wouldn't like the plane old nailpolish!!

Can we do any simple designs at home? Please enlighten me if you can. Thanks.

2. daffodil

daffodil Bronze IL'ite

Hi Venonimiss,

Few tips on the same..
    <[FONT=Comic Sans MS,Comic Sans,Times New Roman]Apply your base colour. Select and Peel Stencil off design sheet[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS,Comic Sans,Times New Roman]Apply to nail firmly to ensure clean finish without smudges.[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS,Comic Sans,Times New Roman]Paint over cut-out area. Avoid heavy coating for best result.[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS,Comic Sans,Times New Roman]Peel off stencil gently before paint dries. Finish off with clear coat.[/FONT]

Similary you could also stick small flowers, stars, glitter, sparkles, beads & many more embellishments on you nail with the help of nail glue , easily av at fashion/novelty stores.

And there is another easy-to-do option instead of the painted nail art. This takes the form of nail art design sticker.

Nail stickers are popular amongst all ages, as they are rather easy to paste on the nails and not too time consuming. in order to stick these onto the nails, one needs to apply a base coat of any shade that would complement the sticker. Then paste the sticker onto the nail, and then apply a topcoat to ensure that these do not come off easily.

There are a variety of nail stickers in terms of designs, shapes, patterns and colors. the various types of stickers include :
    • Gemstones
    • Flowers
    • Geometrical designs
    • Stars
    • Glass beads
    • Abstract designs
    • Smileys
    • Cartoon characters for kids
    • Rhinestones
    These are so simple to attach on the nails that even young girls can do it on their own. These stickers are available at the various fashion novelty stores. They can also be made at home by making designs on paper and using a safe to use glue to paste them on the nails.

Check these link as well:How to Do Nail Art - wikiHow

Trust this helps.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2013
  3. Venonimiss

Venonimiss Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Daffodil, Good info. I might try this weekend.

4. devu

devu New IL'ite

thabkuuu mam...will definitely try this...

5. ritaroy

ritaroy Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Daffodil. Useful informations.

Love

Rita

6. Mythily

Mythily Senior IL'ite

Nice information.Thanks for sharing

7. pussy

pussy Gold IL'ite

Nice info. Thanks a lot.

8. vimjothi