1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

It happens only at In-laws's house

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by coolpinky, Mar 6, 2013.

1. sweetypi

sweetypi Platinum IL'ite

Those who have problems with this thread should eavesdrop on the gossip sessions of neighbourhood aunties for a few months :)

6 people like this.
  2. Nakshatraa

Nakshatraa Silver IL'ite

Hi friend,
    Hugs to you, shall I tell you something. When a person gifts you something,
    1. You like the person: then it is a gift
    2. You hate them: then it is a penalty given by them for all the heartaches you went through.

That's how I see it from my boat :thumbsup

3 people like this.
  3. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

May be they want monopoly on this ranting thing. :crazy:

2 people like this.
  4. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

This thread is like the pressure cooker.When it gets too much,come here ,blow some steam and continue with life.:coffee

5 people like this.
  5. shantana

shantana Platinum IL'ite

hi sandhya, thanks. i was impressed that u cud mention all of my issues. my LO is boy (the one on my avatar pic). yes, he was having flu and also was coughing badly that day. im still feeding him porridge fully smashed because he swallow the whole thing without bitting at all. his teeth are all almost there but he doesnt chew his food. this is another issue that sometimes he vomits. he will be 2 yrs in feb, yet we have to be careful when feeding him and repeatedly have to tell him to chew.
    other than that he doesnt have any health issues. thanks again.

6. DGcreative

DGcreative Platinum IL'ite

There is no way FIL wants her at native. Frankly FIL is enjoying his bachelorhood again so he never insists on her staying too long at native. As for her coming for 4-6 mths will happen only if DH actually takes up the opportunity. I feel he is more comfortable here where he has spent his 30yrs rite from childhood. I want to convince him to take up the abroad opportunity & how that is the question.

7. DGcreative

DGcreative Platinum IL'ite

Yeah arch..whenever earlier he had opportunities I used to say the same that lets try for 1-2 yrs & then decide....but back then even I was never inclined much towards moving abroad & he too used to let them pass. Now situation is I have to think of my son who has already started schooling....so 1-2 yrs changes will be difficult for him....I wish I had persuaded him much earlier so that by now I would have been a bit peaceful...anyway lets see what works out & how....as of now I am trying to keep hopes low(a huge challenge) but continuously trying to show him the pros of taking up.....fingers crossed :)

1 person likes this.
  8. chillbreeze

chillbreeze Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

It was Pongal two days back, a big festival in TN. This is my first time at IL's place and mil & fil gave me numerous instructions reg pooja, how to cook pongal, etc and lectures on how she does it every year. Mil was out of station with sil and family and was supposed to come back on the morning of pongal.

When they (yes, sil also arrived here directly) arrived early morning, I've almost finished everything but then sil jumped in with her suggestions, it shud be done this way, that way, etc. Then after pooja mil asked me to serve it to everyone and said its good to do all this.

Sil, stayed the whole day in our home and didn't keep pongal in her home. Come to think of it, I've never seen her do anything on festivals in this one year. She always comes here on every festival day, morning itself and stay whole day and leave. Mil's explanation she is not much in to pooja and stuff. Even I'm not a very religious person but then, rules differ for dd and dil.

P.S: Yay!!!! 500th post so soon. Thanks to my ils...at least one good thing out of them.

1 person likes this.
  9. gauridinesh

gauridinesh Platinum IL'ite

First of all, Happy pongal dearie :)
    You know , I live very close to my parents at my hometown . We malayalees have a festival named Vishu - that marks our beginning of the new year. Usually we just get one day holiday for it. My PILs live in a place that is two hours away from my place.During the first vishu , I told my H - lets go and celebrate vishu at my parent's place. He immediately said 'how can that be? During festival , we cant lock our house and go to someone else's place (I felt hurt when he referred to my parents place as someone else's place).YOu need to make feast and sweets here'. I said 'Ok'.
    Then came the festival of Onam, it lasts for two or three days. And H wanted to go and celebrate it at PILs place. I asked him 'so now, its ok to lock our house and go to someone else's place?'.His justification ' no- thats not someone else's place, that MY place.MY home' :) So the rules are DEFNITELY different for the DIL and the 'child' of the house :)

1 person likes this.
  10. pinkRoseBud

pinkRoseBud Gold IL'ite

On a happy note, Congratulations :)

And about 'someone else's house', @gauridinesh: Do you have a SIL? is it ok if you say your in laws house is someone else's for her?

One of my friends' MIL theory, MIL's DD can light a diya at her house and come to her mom's place. But DIL can not miss a single ritual during a festival.