1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Please help

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by katochsimi, Jan 13, 2014.

1. katochsimi

katochsimi Gold IL'ite

thank you friends....sometimes we really dont know where the problem is...and idiot like me just complain..:confused2:But you have now opened my eyes...i will relax and enjoy and will let them enjoy too....:thankyou2:

1 person likes this.
  2. cuteastha

cuteastha Silver IL'ite

You are so lucky!!!Atleast you don't have to bother about kitchen.There is no rule like Men can't cook and its only duty of women to be in kitchen.You got free time to do whatever you like,,,read books.listen to music,watch T.V etc.

1 person likes this.
  3. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

Kats.. Relax and chill lady...here you have a FIL doing work and not demanding anything of you... why bring up issues when there are none.. my hubby and I do all our housework together.. and when we retire I hope he is always next to me and doing whatever I'm doing... though he never cooks..
    I think your ILs are a loving couple and thats so very healthy for you guys as they will always understand the "space" you require..also this is such a good example for your hubby to always help you...

4 people like this.
  4. katochsimi

katochsimi Gold IL'ite

yes u r rite dear...and my hubby got same sanskar and he is also helping me so much in kitchen (which i dont like gigglingsmiley) but now i will change my thoughts and will just watch and be calm...
    i have brought up in punjabi family where all house course girls have to perform ...so might be that is fed in my brain so strong that i feel this all uncommon.but now when u guys are saying so..chalo will try to change my mind:cool2:

3 people like this.
  5. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

kats I just resd your other thread...and now that you mentioned "punjabi" upbringing I know where all our problems stem from.. sorry no offense here but..I can understand the environment shock..
    personally I feel you are overreacting to alot of issues.. (ref your other thread).. your baby is 5 yrs old.. old enough to go to school and maybe in upper KG right???.. she should be taught to be self sufficient and she is of no age to be force fed.. very difficult.. and grandparents tend to listen to the child more than us..
    what you need to do darling is have a frank talk with your hubby and via him let your IL know that the best thing to do is to hire a full day help for baby..
    also start putting the child in extra curricular classes that way she will interact with kids more..
    please don't feel miserable in your own home.. and also please accept other couples with all their intimacies as "normal" too..
    don't bring on miseries when there are none.. be happy.. tc

3 people like this.
  6. Maddy2087

Maddy2087 Platinum IL'ite

Ahaaa you are such a lucky person. There are DIL's still existing in this world whose life were / are made miserable by manipulative PIL. You have such amazing In-laws who don't ask anything but are cooking and living their life without disturbing anyone. Please embrace this moment and take care of your In-laws with all the love and care in the world :)

Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
    2 people like this.
  7. chillbreeze

chillbreeze Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Can we exchange our in laws pls. Pls, pls pls :shhh:

2 people like this.
  8. Wondergirl137

Wondergirl137 Gold IL'ite

To me, it sounds actually sweet! maybe because I am not seeing it firsthand. Let them enjoy the pleasure of each others company at this age, sure they didn't get much time together when young and had too many responsibilities. Are we not always crying for some "we" time with the husband, this is their "we" time. Until and unless they do not accuse or send feelers that you are doing enough in kitchen, it sounds totally cool!

Also, once a week make it a family affair - with all four of you pitching in to cook, or maybe just go ahead and ask your FIL to teach you any particular recepe that you like.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
    2 people like this.
  9. muthuswathi

muthuswathi Silver IL'ite

Hi
    feel free from kitchen works and enjoy on other activities.

10. san30

san30 Silver IL'ite

May be they think you are working women so they both cook in way to help you and also its a time pass for them...

Secondly if you don't like it much tell them politely ... that you will cook, when you are there y should they cook...in a pleasing manner...

i hope i helped..