"Bhagavad Gita"

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by RamyaVaradharajan, Nov 28, 2007.

1. RamyaVaradharajan

RamyaVaradharajan Bronze IL'ite

Know that all states of being, be it purity, passion, or ignorance, all issue from me alone. But understand that I am not in them, they are in me. Deluded by the three gunas, the entire universe does not understand me, I who am above the three modes of nature and inexhaustible. This divine energy of mine, consisting of the modes of material nature is certainly difficult to overcome, but those who have surrendered to me can easily overcome it. Those who are grossly foolish, the lowest among men, whose knowledge is wrapped in illusion, and those whose very nature is demoniac do not surrender to me.

O Arjuna, among the pious, four kinds of men worship me: the distressed, those who desire wealth, the inquisitive, and those seeking knowledge of the absolute truth. Of these, the men seeking knowledge and who is engaged in pure devotional service are the best. He is indeed dear to me, who am fond of me.

All these are no doubt great souls, but he who is self-realized I consider being like me. He, whose mind is fixed on me, will attain me, the highest goal. After many births, the person with self-knowledge surrenders to realizing that I am the cause of everything. Such a great soul is very rare. Those whose intelligence has been corrupted by material desires take refuge in the demigods and worships according to their own natures.
    <chapter will="" be="" continued:="">
    Please leave your comments here http://www.indusladies.com/forums/hobbies-and-crafts/12368-lord-krishna.html
    in order to continue the chapters without deviation in this thread.

Regards
    RamyaVaradharajan
    </chapter>

2. srirangani

srirangani New IL'ite

This is a good place to get a bhagavad gita verse for the day. It is a very nice effor you are doing. But please continuing to post the rest too!!! I have a Bhagavad Gita book under my pillow which i read randomly every morning i wake up. In fact, it really makes my day wonderful. :)

3. RamyaVaradharajan

Those whose intelligence has been corrupted by material desires take refuge in the demigods and worships according to their own natures. Whoever desires to faithfully worship any particular form, whichever one it is, I grant him the necessary sincerity to do so.

A person endowed with such faith desires to worship a particular form, and he attains the fulfillment of his desires only because of me. Men of small intelligence worship the demigods and the results of such worship are temporary. Those who worship the gods attain the gods, and my devotees attain me.

The unintelligent, ignorant of my supreme nature, which is eternal and supreme, think me to be the unmanifest that has become embodied! I am not revealed to the foolish and unintelligent, as I am covered by illusion, and therefore they do not recognize me as the unborn and infallible one.

Those persons who acted piously in previous lives and who act piously in this life are liberated from the delusions of dualities and serve me with determination and faith. Those who strive for liberation from old age and death take refuge in me and are Brahman, because they understand transcendental activity.

Those who know me as the governing principle of the material world, of the demigods and all methods of sacrifice know me and understand me even at the time of death.

Please leave your comments here

Regards
    RamyaVaradharajan

</CHAPTER>

Last edited: Jul 7, 2008
  4. RamyaVaradharajan

CHAPTER #8

THE ETERNAL BEING

Arjuna inquired:

O Lord, please explain to me, what is Brahman? What is the self? What are fruitive activities? What is the material manifestation? And what are the demigods? Who is the Lord of Sacrifice and how is he situated in the body? And how can those engaged in faithful service to you know you at the time of death?

Lord Krishna said:

Brahman is the supreme indestructible living entity; the material nature of which is called the self, adhyatma. That action which brings about the birth and development of material bodies is called Karma or fruitive activities.

The adhibhuta is the physical nature, which is constantly changing. The universal form of the Lord, which includes the demigods, sun and moon, is called the adidaiva. And I, the Supersoul situated in all living entities, I am the adhi-yajna, the Lord of sacrifice.

Regards
    RamyaVaradharajan

Last edited: Jul 7, 2008
  5. RamyaVaradharajan

At the time of death, whoever relinquishes his body remembering me alone, without doubt attains me.

O son of Kunti, whatever state of being one remembers at the time of death, he will attain that state, being absorbed in its thought. Therefore, remember me at all times and do your mind and intellect fixed on me, you shall come to me without doubt.

O Arjuna, a person who is engaged in devotion to me and whose thoughts are constantly fixed on me, attains me. One should understand the Supersoul as the knower of everything, the oldest, as the ruler who is smallest, the sustainer of everything, the inconceivable form and effulgent like the sun, who is beyond material nature. One who, at the time of death, through the power of yoga fixes his life air between the eyebrows and with an undeviating mind remembers the Supreme Lord will certainly attain Him.

I shall speak briefly to you of that infallible goal, which persons learned in the Vedas describe, into which ascetics free from attachment enter, and desiring which they practice celibacy. A person situated in yogic situation is free from all sensual attachments and fixes his mind on the heart and life air at the top of his head, thus establishing himself in yoga. Situated in this position and chanting the sacred syllable <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on">OM</st1:place>, if one thinks of the Supreme Lord and quits his body, he will reach the spiritual planets.

Arjuna I am easily won by one who remembers me constantly with undivided attention, for he is a (true) yogi who is ever united with me. Reaching me, these great souls are released from the cycle of birth and death, for they have attained the ultimate perfection.

Regards

RamyaVaradharajan

6. RamyaVaradharajan

O Arjuna, from the highest planet to the lowest, all include repeated births and deaths, but those who reach me are never reborn. By human calculation, the day of Brahma lasts for a thousand yugas. With the arrival of the day of Brahma all living entities become manifest from the unmanifest state and with the coming of the night, become unmanifest once again.

Again and again, O Arjuna, all living creatures are helplessly destroyed with the arrival of Brahma’s night, and they again come into being with the arrival of his day. However, there is another unmanifest energy that is eternal and higher than this, which does not die when all other creation perishes.

That other unmanifest realm said to be infallible, considered the supreme destination, that place, which having reached one doesn’t return is my supreme abode. O Arjuna, the Supreme Lord, who is all pervading and in whom all things reside, is attainable by unalloyed devotion

Regards

RamyaVaradharajan

Last edited: Aug 6, 2008
  7. RamyaVaradharajan

O best of Bharata dynasty, I shall now explain to you the different times when yogis departing at death either return or do not return. Those who know Brahman and pass away during fire, light, an auspicious time of day, the bright lunar fortnight, and the six months of the sun’s northern solstice go to Brahman. The mystic who passes away during smoke, night, the dark lunar fortnight, and the sun’s six month southern solstice attains the lunar light and returns.

According to the Vedas there are two ways of leaving the world, one in light and one in darkness. When one passes away during light one does not return, during darkness one returns. Aware of these two paths, the devotee is never confused. Therefore, o Arjuna at all times be steadfast in yoga. Knowing all of this, the mystic transcends the results attained by the study of the Vedas sacrifice, austerity, charity, as well as the fruit of piety. By performing devotional service he attains the supreme primal abode.

Regards

RamyaVaradharajan

Last edited: Aug 6, 2008