Sri Ramanuja, the Srivaishnava saint and social Reformer

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by PushpavalliSrinivasan, Aug 16, 2007.

1. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Welcome back, Mrs.Pushpavalli,
    I am sorry to give a delayed FB because of the fact that when I came to know that we are nearing the end to know about Sri Ramanujar, I was very sad and prolonged to read the same.
    I went to Srirangam once, looong time back, if I go in the near future, i will see to it that I have darshan of Sri Ramanujar.

I will be visiting this thread more often.
    Bowto your enthusiaism you had showed in posting this thread.

sriniketan

2. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sriniketan,
    Your FB and AC's FB were instumental in completing this thread with enthusiasm. As a lamp needs a thundokol to glow brightly, your appreciation and encouragement helped me to complete my work. When I started this thread I was wondering whether I would be able to complete this tough task. I seek Acharya Sri Ramanuja's forgiveness for the flaws and mistakes I might have commited in my narration.
    Love,
    Pushpavalli

3. Sriniketan

Dear Mrs.Pushpavalli,
    this shows your humility....it is because of you, we got to learn about our Acharya...

sriniketan

4. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Sriniketan,
    When we firsr met at Chithra's house you only told me to start this thread and I started it on 16th August 2007. Hence you were insturmental in starting and also your prompt FBs were morale booster for me.I started reading more books about the Acharya to enrich my knowledge. Thus I was more benefited.
    Love,
    PS

5. Sriniketan

dear Mrs.Pushpavalli,
    as a result we are benefited as a whole...

sriniketan

6. srirangani

srirangani New IL'ite

Thank you for posting about Ramanujar!!! He is a great idol in my life. Everytime i go to Sri Rangam, I get all excited when i go to the Udayavar Sannidhi where his tirumeni is present!!! His life, teachings etc are all to be read and known and mostly to be followed. Thank you for posting this. Continue your good work. :)

7. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Sriranga,
    Thank you for your FB. I never expected that any one would visit this thread because I concluded our Acharya's biography long time back. On 18th I was at Srirangam and I had the golden opportunity to have darshan of Sri Ramanuja's Thaanaana Thirumeni at close quarters after a long time. I stayed for two days and both days I had his darshan. My eyes were filled with tears when I thought of the great saint's great deeds. He was the first social reformer who allowed the downtrodden to have darshan of the Lord at the temple. I :bowdown:bowdown:bowdown to the Great Acharya a thousand times!
    Love,
    PS

Last edited: May 21, 2008
  8. geevee68

geevee68 Platinum IL'ite

Could u clear a doubt for me please?
    Is there a temple of Sri Ramanuja in Sripermputhur?
    If so,what are the main offerings there?
    please enlighten me in these....................
    Thank u.

9. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Geevee,
    As Sriperumbudur is the birth place of Sri Ramanuja, His Murthi is installed at Sri Adhikesava Perumal Temple. In the month of Chithra the Bramothsavam is celebrated for 10 days. On the 6th day Acharya Ramanuja is clothed in white attire to commemorate his escape from Srirangam to Melkotta. Every month on his birth star Thiruvadirai (Arudra) special puja and Thirumanjanam is conducted and lots of devotees participate.
    Love,
    PS

10. Malyatha

Malyatha Gold IL'ite

Mrs. Pushpavalli,

I am THRILLED to find this thread. I am copying all of your posts about our Acharya into one big file, and printing it out. This will make a wonderful read and keep-sake. BTW, what is FB?

Please could you also write about Vedanta Desikar and Manavala Maamunigal? Also, if it is no problem, can someone please write about the Naalayira Divya Prabandam and the Alwars? Although my grandfather (when he was alive) was a contributing author to Sri Nrisimha Priya, proficient in Samskritam and Grantham, wrote extensively about Sri Vaishnavism and even analyzed the Acharya's horoscope in great detail, I am a COMPLETE nyana soonyam when it comes to our sampradaayams. I am very eager to learn about Sri Vaishnavism so that I can pass on our traditions to my daughter.

Thank you for your great kainkaryam.

-Malyatha

Last edited: Nov 23, 2008