1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Did you watch "Vidiyum Munn' movie?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by bhuvnidhi, Jan 5, 2014.

1. jasmine25

jasmine25 Gold IL'ite

Yes my blood boiled too..real psychos..I wept :-(

2. jasmine25

jasmine25 Gold IL'ite

JAM and bhuvi,

:iagree Felt disturbed for two full days watching the movie and a wake up call too for me that in future if I give birth to girl child I will take care of her and protect her at the maximum I can at any cost.

in a way I regret watching but thankfull for the awareness it created

1 person likes this.
  3. shantana

shantana Platinum IL'ite

oh my god.. is that movie that scary to watch? planning to watch when the right moment come. cant wait.

4. teacher

teacher Platinum IL'ite

Sorry, I didn't watch the movie but this is in relation to some of the responses here...
    there are illegal underground networks which actually record and distribute such acts and there are people who pay good money for these products. These networks include people from ALL Countries, and All backgrounds, and BOTH sexes.

One way we can all work to limit these practices is to restrict access to children. If you know of anyone who is looking to adopt children, please guide them to adopt legally instead of 'buying' children. They can use whatever excuses they want-religious, humanitarian, emotional...all these are sops which mess up children's lives. Insist on their following legal procedures even if it takes time...if time is that a big a deal, suggest adopting slightly older children.

Sorry for being a party pooper-in the last 3 months I've come across educated people from different countries and diff religious/socio-economic backgrounds who have tried to justify the notion of 'buying' children to make their (the children's) lives better. In two countries I was asked if I was looking for a boy or a girl and how many did I want! I don't think I convinced any of these people that their actions harm vulnerable children but it is always worth talking about.
    I apologize again for depressing you further...

4 people like this.
  5. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

No Shanthana.I would say it is not a scary movie.It is just that one particular scene in that movie(which they leave it to the viewer's imagination.Nothing is shown) sends a chill across your spine.

Thank you for the info and message,teacher!

When I watched the movie , I was thinking how could such thing exist in this world.Are people so cruel?How could they even imagine children being tortured?
    I saw another movie where the kids are being kidnapped and sent for begging.People must be really heartless to do such things.And to think that there is a big network of people involved in such acts ..goes beyond words.

We need to be really careful when we travel with kids.We will never know where these vultures are roaming around.

What are the protective system of the country doing there(police or whoever).I can understand if there are isolated cases here and there where an individual is involved.But when there is a network involved, can't the crime investigation agencies crack down such things?Is it so hard to wipe out such things?( apart from bringing the kids with some morale of course).

2 people like this.
  6. shantana

shantana Platinum IL'ite

guys, i watched the movie despite the warnings.
    i dont find it scary but quite disturbing. what will happened to all the small gals that they kept in hiding? saw small gals younger the main character gal. this is very disturbing.
    do u think the small is lucky to escape with pooja? in a way, pooja is pity as well. remember she saw a old lady sleeping between rubbish bags? she was thinking same thing will happened to her one day.
    i dont understand why this oldest profession is still going and women and young girls are the victim of money hungry men. this is very sickening....

i saw the part the old man with blade, i dont want to imagine anything worst about that.

but why the son push one old man from wheel chair in to the well?>

7. teacher

teacher Platinum IL'ite

Bhuvnidhi, agencies work constantly to bust these networks...some countries don't have strong laws. Even in those with powerful anti trafficking policies it takes time to make sure the entire network is weeded out. It is not uncommon to find these people in 'respectable jobs'.

That is why it is important to go the legal route for adoption...when we 'buy' children it encourages others to give kids away without doing background checks. These kids can't be traced.

1 person likes this.
  8. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Very true,Teacher!I read in an article that if there is no demand for such things , the industry will not flourish the way it has.We just cannot combat this issue since the people at higher posts/levels are the ones who "assist" these agents and the industry.

It is too sickening, Shanthana.And we claim "our culture is the best".This is indigestible.

Because that guy was also involved in raping his childhood friend along with his father.

1 person likes this.
  9. kgv000

kgv000 New IL'ite

I came across this page after watching vidiyum munn and having unanswered questions in my mind. Thank you, my questions are answered now. It's scary to think there are such psychopaths in the society.

10. Ebenipada

Ebenipada New IL'ite